• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Challenge to Creationists: Ichneumon Wasp

Faithofchristian

Well since the book of revelation is a symbolic book to control people through fear your analogy to the Ichneumon wasp makes no sense and has nothing to do with the book of revelation. The symbol of locust can represent the way humans consume the Earth without giving back except that the locusts do not to permanent damage as humans do so it is actually an inexact analogy. Too many religions create an arrogance in man that he is abo

The Revelation stories are to create fear to make people convert to the authors way of thinking. By creating images that they had no proof of they created a fear to belief or suffer. The reference of locusts and scorpions are metaphors so have no relationship with the current discussion about the Ichneumon Wasp.

As you say that the reference of Locust and scorpions are metaphors,
The locust and scorpions represents people and nations

The Ichneumon wasp is also a metaphor in holding a likeness to a person, but the question is, who is it that the Ichneumon wasp holds a likeness to?

Faithofchristian

Well since the book of revelation is a symbolic book to control people through fear your analogy to the Ichneumon wasp makes no sense and has nothing to do with the book of revelation. The symbol of locust can represent the way humans consume the Earth without giving back except that the locusts do not to permanent damage as humans do so it is actually an inexact analogy. Too many religions create an arrogance in man that he is abo

The Revelation stories are to create fear to make people convert to the authors way of thinking. By creating images that they had no proof of they created a fear to belief or suffer. The reference of locusts and scorpions are metaphors so have no relationship with the current discussion about the Ichneumon Wasp.

Well it's evidence that you don't have a clue or idea about the book of Revelation.

Bear Wild

First of all, God takes things like Locust and scorpions, to show the foolishness of those who think themselves as wise.

And here's an example of the Ichneumon Wasp. Showing the wisdom of man's as being foolishness.

Here's my question, In the bible in the book of Revelation God uses Locust and scorpions to represent people and nation's of the world in the end times.
So how would the Ichneumon Wasp fit into the end times in the book of Revelation?
Who do you suppose the Ichneumon Wasp would represent?

First of all, God takes things like Locust and scorpions, to show the foolishness of those who think themselves as wise.

And here's an example of the Ichneumon Wasp. Showing the wisdom of man's as being foolishness.

Here's my question, In the bible in the book of Revelation God uses Locust and scorpions to represent people and nation's of the world in the end times.
So how would the Ichneumon Wasp fit into the end times in the book of Revelation?
Who do you suppose the Ichneumon Wasp would represent?
Well it's evidence that you don't have a clue or idea about the book of Revelation.
Incorrect I am very familiar with the book of revelation and its intent. That's why I made the statement I did. Just because we see its meaning from different views does not mean I do not understand its intent and how it has been used. I could just as easily said you do not have a clue or idea because you are stuck on the literal interpretation. I know too many people who believe out of fear from this book.

Bear Wild

The Ichneumon wasp is also a metaphor in holding a likeness to a person, but the question is, who is it that the Ichneumon wasp holds a likeness to?

Who other than you is saying it is a metaphor for a person? It does not make sense in these discussions.

Dan From Smithville

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Staff member
Premium Member

To my knowledge, the ichneumon wasp is not mentioned in the Bible or used as a metaphor therein. What are you talking about?

The ichneumon wasp was used in the example of the OP as a naturally occurring organism that has the very specific life trait of eating its living host. No metaphor, but a real example of a biological organism. The question was how can God create these and at the same time, be loving and benevolent? How did you get onto the Book of Revelation with that?

Faithofchristian

To my knowledge, the ichneumon wasp is not mentioned in the Bible or used as a metaphor therein. What are you talking about?

The ichneumon wasp was used in the example of the OP as a naturally occurring organism that has the very specific life trait of eating its living host. No metaphor, but a real example of a biological organism. The question was how can God create these and at the same time, be loving and benevolent? How did you get onto the Book of Revelation with that?

How would you like to eat your words.

In case you didn't know that back in the book of Genesis 1:20-24, When God created all things on the earth and in the ocean seas
God also at that time created the Ichneumon wasp also, did he not.

So that means the Ichneumon wasp is mention in the Bible.
Otherwise who do suppose created the Ichneumon wasp?
The Ichneumon wasp sure didn't just pop up out of no where.so it was created along with everything else, during the 6 days of creation

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
How would you like to eat your words.
Good to know I will not be eating my words.

In case you didn't know that back in the book of Genesis 1:20-24, When God created all things on the earth and in the ocean seas
I am aware of the story of Genesis.
God also at that time created the Ichneumon wasp also, did he not.
It does not specifically say that. Maybe it was created later. How do you know. The Bible does not mention the ichneumon wasp. You are just making it up.

So that means the Ichneumon wasp is mention in the Bible.
No. It is not mentioned. Sorry.

Even if you, as you seem to do here, believe in a literal interpretation of Genesis, the ichneumon wasp, is as I said, not mentioned in the Bible.

Otherwise who do suppose created the Ichneumon wasp?
I do not suppose anything about the creation of an ichneumon wasp. The origin of the ichneumon wasp was not a claim of my post. I only told the truth about it not being mentioned in the Bible and it is not mentioned there.

The Ichneumon wasp sure didn't just pop up out of no where.so it was created along with everything else, during the 6 days of creation
To be clear, you are saying the ichneumon wasp did not pop up out of no where and did pop up out of no where according to Genesis. You are very confused. I think I will leave you to get yourself in order. Good luck with that.

Faithofchristian

Good to know I will not be eating my words.

I am aware of the story of Genesis.
It does not specifically say that. Maybe it was created later. How do you know. The Bible does not mention the ichneumon wasp. You are just making it up.

No. It is not mentioned. Sorry.

Even if you, as you seem to do here, believe in a literal interpretation of Genesis, the ichneumon wasp, is as I said, not mentioned in the Bible.

I do not suppose anything about the creation of an ichneumon wasp. The origin of the ichneumon wasp was not a claim of my post. I only told the truth about it not being mentioned in the Bible and it is not mentioned there.

To be clear, you are saying the ichneumon wasp did not pop up out of no where and did pop up out of no where according to Genesis. You are very confused. I think I will leave you to get yourself in order. Good luck with that.

Anyone with common sense, could figure it out, that when God created all things during the 6 days creation that includes the Ichneumon wasp.As it doesn't take a college professor to figure that out.

But seeing people are having a hard time in figuring it, they may just need a college professor to figure it for them.

In the book of Genesis it may not specifically name the Ichneumon wasp, but the Ichneumon wasp was created during the 6 days creation.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Anyone with common sense, could figure it out, that when God created all things during the 6 days creation that includes the Ichneumon wasp.As it doesn't take a college professor to figure that out.

But seeing people are having a hard time in figuring it, they may just need a college professor to figure it for them.

In the book of Genesis it may not specifically name the Ichneumon wasp, but the Ichneumon wasp was created during the 6 days creation.
How do you know that?

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member

You have not figured it out. You cannot even respond in some meaningful way to what I actually posted.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
I did respond, just because people have no knowledge of spiritual discernment, that's no fault of mine
Is there some problem with your comprehension? I did not say you did not respond. I said your responses are meaningless and are not addressing the points on the table. This one for example.

InChrist

Free4ever
So God wants humans to sin so that He'll look even more righteous in comparison to our unrighteousness?
Doesn't say anywhere that God "wants" humans to sin, just spells out the reality and elsewhere throughout the scriptures God's grief at human sin is expressed.

whirlingmerc

Aside from the mountains of evidence for evolution, I often struggle to understand how anyone can believe in an intelligent and benevolent god who designed species when reading about phenomena like this. The Ichneumon wasp is a species of wasp that bores a hole into a caterpillar in order to lay its eggs inside of the caterpillar. The wasp also injects the caterpillar so that it is paralyzed, yet still feels pain. The wasps then hatch inside of the caterpillar and eat it alive from the inside out, while the caterpillar can do nothing. Now, unless God were an evil sadist, there is no way that he would design a process like this. This type of process is simply incompatible with the existence of an intelligent and benevolent designer. Yet, when viewed from a naturalistic perspective, it makes sense. Natural selection produces results that can turn out to be incredibly beautiful and give the illusion of benevolent design, and it can also produce horrible, nasty results like this that give the illusion of a cruel designer. In reality, Natural Selection is blind and mindless, and it all makes sense when we consider this. As Dawkins put it, "Nature is not cruel, only pitilessly indifferent."

Ichneumonidae - Wikipedia

We have a good but broken creation. Pain death and suffering entered the world because of sin.

However... because of Jesus someday creation will be set free as well

Timothy Spurlin

We have a good but broken creation. Pain death and suffering entered the world because of sin.

However... because of Jesus someday creation will be set free as well

What objective evidence do you have that a god created anything?

What objective evidence do you have that sin is not a human construct?