• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Chacham Biden's Marvelous Short Vort

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
Judaism DIR

President Biden received today the Israeli Presidential Medal from President Herzog, and then, at long last, revealed his true colors: A true iluy talmid chacham, a real luminary of this generation. Practically the Gedol Hador!

Yes, upon receiving the medal, Chacham Biden (as we assuredly must refer to him now) pulled out a chiddush and fast-balled it straight into the face of the Israeli Torah community. Here's what he said:

"In this week's Torah portion it says that Israel is a people that dwells alone. But I can assure you that Israel will never be alone because the United States of America will be with her always."*
Zounds and egad! What brilliance! What a superb drashic interpretation of half a verse whilst ignoring the other half! :D:D:D

*Unfortunately I was not able to find a clip of this, so this is translated from Hebrew as posted on many Israeli news sites (for example).

Note: I'm not mocking the statement because of any personal political affiliation.

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
Good to know.

Here's a further observation - this one being from the Times of Israel - which no doubt suffers from its absence of mockery.
There are definitely props to be awarded to the speech writing team, this time around. I simply find it humorous in this case. I get that others may not find it funny. You win some, you lose some.

And, I was attempting to portray it in an a-political manner.