• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

C'est la vie

Dingbat

So I have been trying to collect my thoughts on Divinity, Spirituality, and religion and figured I keep putting off putting any attempt into this at all. So I finally decided to get off my duff and put some effort into categorizing my beliefs if for nothing else then be able to look at it.

The number or nature of the Divine I believe it be to eternal, personal but in some ways impersonal. I believe the Divine is involved in the workings of the universe but I don't know to what level it is involved in every day life. I don't believe in the idea of incarnations of God as I find the idea a bit hard to swallow. Divinity seems a little too complex to have shown up in mortal form though I guess with the Divine being all powerful it could technically do whatever the hell it wants. Though I tend to favor that the Divine is not heavily involved in our lives since we would likely not learn much about life. I feel humanity is a good part on its own as I feel that is the best way for humanity to learn and grow especially in regards to finding spiritual, ecological, personal, and just general balance.

Not really sure what happens after death though I imagine spiritual progress continues whether that is in a spiritual realm or via rebirths I am not entirely sure. Either one tends to make sense as they both would allow for continued spiritual growth.

I don't believe there is any uniformed way to worship. I have done prayer, meditation, and dabbled in shamanistic journeying and every method I have felt some connection to the Divine. I think the method largely depends on the person and what works for them. Other than communing with the Divine I can't really think of anything else that is extremely necessary in regards to Rites or Practices.

At the end of the day it comes down to attempting to leave a positive aspect in the world, no matter how small, before you leave it. Not sure I will ever have a "religion" again but I am ok with that. Though finding some people with something in common would be nice. Ah well. Attached my most recent Belief-o-Matic results as they were amusingly different than any other time I have taken it in the past.:p

1. Sikhism (100%)
2. Jainism (94%)
3. Neo-Pagan (93%)
4. Unitarian Universalism (91%)
5. Liberal Quakers - Religious Society of Friends (85%)
6. Reform Judaism (83%)
7. Mahayana Buddhism (82%)
8. Hinduism (81%)
9. Taoism (81%)
10. New Age (78%)

Yusz

Exorcist and Mystical
Greetings,

Spiritual path is very huge brother.. it's not only can communicate to divine thing but also to improve our brain and our inner energy. The more strong our inner energy is, the more deep spiritual and mystical thing, you can explore..

Good luck for your journey brother... And.... stay away from fluoride :)

Dingbat

Greetings,

Spiritual path is very huge brother.. it's not only can communicate to divine thing but also to improve our brain and our inner energy. The more strong our inner energy is, the more deep spiritual and mystical thing, you can explore..

Good luck for your journey brother... And.... stay away from fluoride :)

I agree and I have missed your musings Yusz since I took my sabbatical from here. I know my spiritual path means a lot more to me at the moment since my wife is pregnant. I feel an urge to be a lot more serious about my spiritual journey. I just need to find a helpful guide I think.

Yusz

Exorcist and Mystical
Well, you can pm me anything related to spiritual and meditation. I will gladly help you :)

Treks

Yes! Another 100% Sikhism result. You're in good company Dingbat.

And congratulations to you and your wife for your pregnancy - how exciting! :)

Personally I think religions are suggested frameworks for individual spiritual lives. There is no one way - everyone is so individual, good luck finding two people who thoroughly agree on every aspect of their religion (unless they're members of a cult). Therefore, find the framework that you feel most at home in, find your comfort zone in it, and try to be the best person you can be.

illykitty

RF's pet cat
Ever looked into Sikhism? It's quite interesting and you got 100%. Not saying to become a Sikh but it's worth having a look into it since there's a lot of great ideas in there.

Also, I empathise with your difficulties. It seems so easy to some, it's really not obvious to me. Most have missed the memo!

I got 100% in Sikh too before. Haven't done the test in a long time though! Hope you find your way.

Dingbat

Well, you can pm me anything related to spiritual and meditation. I will gladly help you :)
I definitely will. I have been quite interested in the Sufi path of Islam it just hard to find any information.

Yes! Another 100% Sikhism result. You're in good company Dingbat.

And congratulations to you and your wife for your pregnancy - how exciting! :)

Personally I think religions are suggested frameworks for individual spiritual lives. There is no one way - everyone is so individual, good luck finding two people who thoroughly agree on every aspect of their religion (unless they're members of a cult). Therefore, find the framework that you feel most at home in, find your comfort zone in it, and try to be the best person you can be.
My view as well that it is merely a suggested framework. The searching at this point is to find a framework to work around because not having that basic piece is somewhat difficult. Thank you for the congrats it will definitely be an interesting journey both the spiritual and the raising a daughter.:p

Ever looked into Sikhism? It's quite interesting and you got 100%. Not saying to become a Sikh but it's worth having a look into it since there's a lot of great ideas in there.

Also, I empathise with your difficulties. It seems so easy to some, it's really not obvious to me. Most have missed the memo!

I got 100% in Sikh too before. Haven't done the test in a long time though! Hope you find your way.
I haven't due largely to the fact there are none where I am at...that I am aware of. It is pretty much largely conservative Christian denominations with a smattering of Jews, Muslims, and Wiccans. Though there is a sprinkle of more Liberal Christian theology like the Episcopalians. I think largely the difficulty is my family comes from a Conservative Christian background and so does my wife and her family so I feel a bit of pressure not to rock the boat too hard. Not that my wife cares she just wants me to be happy and spiritual but I know it does confuse her that the faith of my birth no longer has any hold on me.

Treks

I haven't due largely to the fact there are none where I am at...that I am aware of. It is pretty much largely conservative Christian denominations with a smattering of Jews, Muslims, and Wiccans. Though there is a sprinkle of more Liberal Christian theology like the Episcopalians. I think largely the difficulty is my family comes from a Conservative Christian background and so does my wife and her family so I feel a bit of pressure not to rock the boat too hard. Not that my wife cares she just wants me to be happy and spiritual but I know it does confuse her that the faith of my birth no longer has any hold on me.

It's good that you're keeping a level head about these matters. Sikhi is awesome (if I do say so myself) but it can get pretty difficult when family aren't on board, and when you're alone. I realise that's true of most religions, but I only have experience of Sikhi, and some awareness of the challenges presented since I'm in a similar situation.

I've been told Sikhi has some similarities to Sufism, and our scripture contains some poetry by Sufis (Baba Farid for example, I believe he may have been a Sufi), so you might find it interesting to explore at the very least.

Best of luck to you. :)