• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Celtic Moon Signs

jewscout

Religious Zionist
ooooo
The Hazel Moon!:jiggy:
(Aug 5-Sept 1) The hazel produces its nuts in fall, after having spent the year building the inner strength to protect them. The shell of this nut is so hard, in fact, and contains its treasure so well, that is was the inspiration for the phrase "in a nutshell." Born under the sign of the hazel tree, you also have an inner treasure to offer - the fruits of you knowledge. Your wisdom and ability to communicate ideas make you capable of transforming the thoughts and opinions of others. Be careful how you wield your word-wizardry.

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Very interesting! Mine was the Vine moon, which I found appropriate in terms of my wanting everyone to get along.
"Vine Moon (Sept 2-Sept 29) Vines traditionally carry fruit, the most famous of which is the grape, used to make wine, that magical elixir that's known for its ability to dissolve the boundaries between us, allow us to mingle more easily, and relax with others. You, the, are a born socializer, with keen abilities to restore balance to unhappy or unfair situations. Your instinct makes you amazingly perceptive with regard to the motives of others, and your charm is irresistible. Trust this instinct, and form relationships that will last. Don't be afraid to spend some time alone occasionally - sometimes our own company is the best."

Reactions: Pah

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
Elder Moon (Nov 25-Dec 23) The elder is a very adaptable tree, quite able to regenerate itself in many ways. It can be rooted from a branch and regrows limbs quickly, allowing it to recover from damage of both natural and unnatural assailants with equal ease. Born under the elder sign, the, you, too are able to live and prosper under any conditions. You will live many "lives" during your time here, and will carry those memories into every new venture. Think of yourself as a gypsy and a student, collecting experience and knowledge so that you may eventually become a great teacher.

Circle_One

The Elder is also an extremely revered tree in Pagan paths, Maize, mainly Wicca, it is seen as the Lady's (The Mother Goddess) tree.

"Nine woods inside the cauldron go, burn them fast and burn them slow. Elder be the Lady's tree, burn it not or cursed ye'll be." -Line from the Wiccan Rede.

Pah

Uber all member
FeathersinHair said:
Very interesting! Mine was the Vine moon, which I found appropriate in terms of my wanting everyone to get along.
"Vine Moon (Sept 2-Sept 29) Vines traditionally carry fruit, the most famous of which is the grape, used to make wine, that magical elixir that's known for its ability to dissolve the boundaries between us, allow us to mingle more easily, and relax with others. You, the, are a born socializer, with keen abilities to restore balance to unhappy or unfair situations. Your instinct makes you amazingly perceptive with regard to the motives of others, and your charm is irresistible. Trust this instinct, and form relationships that will last. Don't be afraid to spend some time alone occasionally - sometimes our own company is the best."
Once againd I find reason as to why dancing with Feathers is so comfortable - I too am a Moon Vine

Unedited

Ash Moon (Feb 18-March 17) The ash tree is famous, although anonymous, since it's the tree from which the Hanged Man is suspended in tarot decks. The roots of the ash penetrate deeply into the earth, and the tree itself is known for its speed of growth. Its energy, then, also builds quickly, but is dispersed just as fast. Born under this sign, you have a "knowing" of the connection between ourselves, our planet, and our universe. You feel the pain and joy of all other creatures, from trees to animals to those humans less fortunate than yourself. This lends a compassion to your personality that's incomparable.

Very interesting, thank you Circle_One.

Circle_One

I thought since I explained the significance of Maize's Elder tree in Pagan/Wiccan rituals, I'd explain the others as well. This is taken directly from the Rede of the Wiccae, describing the nine woods that go into the cauldron in ritual as I mentioned earlier.

Birch into the fire goes to represent what the Lady knows
Oak in the forest towers with might, in the fire it brings the God's insight.
Rowan is a tree of power causing life and magick to flower.
Willows at the waterside stand ready to help us to the Summerland.
Hawthorn is burned to purify and to draw faerie to your eye.
Hazel-the tree of wisdom and learning adds its strength to the bright fire burning.
White are the flowers of Apple tree that brings us fruits of fertility.
Grapes grow upon the vine giving us both joy and wine.
Fir does mark the evergreen to represent immortality seen.

Master Vigil

Reed Moon (Oct 28-Nov 24) The roots of the reed go deeply into the water from which it takes its nourishment. These roots are the strongest part of the reed, in fact - so its true strength is doubly hidden, both beneath the water and the floor of the pond or lake where it grows. If you were born under this sign, you, too, have secret strength, and perhaps secret motivations, as well. Your challenge is to use your "detective abilities" wisely, not to undermine others or find their weaknesses, but to evolve into a deeply perceptive individual whose wisdom can be used to teach others.

Roots, huh, no wonder I am always trying to get to the root of all things. :) Like the part about the secrets too, since I kept my work with the spirits a secret all through high school.

Lycan

Preternatural
Do cusps count? (right on the edge)

Rowan Moon (Jan 21-Feb 17) Sometimes referred to as "the whispering tree", the rowan tree's magic was well known among the Celts. Its berry is shaped like a five-pointed star, first of all, the symbol of magical protection against spells, enchantments, and glamours. You, too, are a magical creature, able to use you intuition and higher understanding to both enchant and protect. Trust your insights, and act upon them - even if you're seen as "unusual" or "unpredictable" by others. Your ability to envision the future is priceless.

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
Circle_One said:
The Elder is also an extremely revered tree in Pagan paths, Maize, mainly Wicca, it is seen as the Lady's (The Mother Goddess) tree.

"Nine woods inside the cauldron go, burn them fast and burn them slow. Elder be the Lady's tree, burn it not or cursed ye'll be." -Line from the Wiccan Rede.

Thank you for that, this is very interesting. I really do feel the last line of what I quoted applies to me: "Think of yourself as a gypsy and a student, collecting experience and knowledge so that you may eventually become a great teacher." That's exactly how I feel, I'm although nowhere near the great teacher part yet. :)

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Rowan Moon (Jan 21-Feb 17) Sometimes referred to as "the whispering tree", the rowan tree's magic was well known among the Celts. Its berry is shaped like a five-pointed star, first of all, the symbol of magical protection against spells, enchantments, and glamours. You, too, are a magical creature, able to use you intuition and higher understanding to both enchant and protect. Trust your insights, and act upon them - even if you're seen as "unusual" or "unpredictable" by others. Your ability to envision the future is priceless.

That all sounds very complementary!:)

Irenicas

high overlord of sod all
I'm apparently a birch moon...

But have you noticed how these descriptions are never bad? Imagine if you got something like:

This moon indicates that you are difficult to live with and a generally unpleasant person. Please get a drastic change of personality pronto!

Rolling in the aisles I would be.
Reminds me of a bit in Douglas Adams' Dirk Gently books where one of his friends writes the horoscopes for the newspaper... "You are extremely fat ,and where an extremely silly hat" was one of my favourites... though "Today you will meet a two ton rhino called Desmond" was also good :p

Alder Moon (March 18-April 14) The alder is amazingly resistant to water. As a result, it was often used in construction under water, from bridges to foundations to stilts for homes located close to rivers. This resistance makes the alder a powerful force in psychic battles. If you were born under this sign, you have tremendous courage in the face of obstacles and the power to win in disputes. Watch for a tendency to create wars where there are none, and be careful not to dissipate your strength through engaging in meaningless debate.

Quoth The Raven

Half Arsed Muse
Irenicas said:
I'm apparently a birch moon...

But have you noticed how these descriptions are never bad? Imagine if you got something like:

This moon indicates that you are difficult to live with and a generally unpleasant person. Please get a drastic change of personality pronto!

Rolling in the aisles I would be.
Reminds me of a bit in Douglas Adams' Dirk Gently books where one of his friends writes the horoscopes for the newspaper... "You are extremely fat ,and where an extremely silly hat" was one of my favourites... though "Today you will meet a two ton rhino called Desmond" was also good :p
I'm a hazel moon. I loved the Dirk Gently books...I liked the fact that with the electronic i-ching/calculator, whenever you tried to do a sum that added up to over a certain amount the answer was 'a suffusion of yellow.'

Bastet

Vile Stove-Toucher

kiwimac

Brother Napalm of God's Love
Vine Moon / Reed Moon. I choose two because i was born two months prematurely! :D, Chinese sign, Metal Rat. Perhaps that's why I like the Stainless Steel Rat books so much!

Kiwimac

Bastet

Vile Stove-Toucher
Don't spend your life going "I was supposed to be born on this date, so this applies to me too"...you were born when you were meant to be born. :p