• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Celtic End Times, what do you think?

Theweirdtophat

I. The Prophecy of the Morrigan

Prophecies of verse 166 in OI: Ni accus bith nombeo baid: sam cin blatha, beti bai cin blichda, mna can feli, fir gan gail. Gabala can righ rinna ulcha ilmoigi beola bron, feda cin mes. Prophecies of verse 167 in OI: Muir can toradh. Tuired bainbthine immat moel ra/tha, fa/s a forgnam locha diersit- din atrifit- linn lines sechilar flaithie faoilti fria holc, ilach imgnath gnuse ul-. Incrada docredb-gluind ili, imairecc catha, toebh fri ech delceta imda dala braith m-c flaithi forbuid bron sen saobretha. Brecfa/sach mbrithiom- braithiomh cech fer. Foglaid cech mac. Ragaid mac i lligie a athar. Ragaid athair a lligi a meic. Cliamain cach a brathar. Ni sia nech mnai assa tigh. Gignit- cenmair olc aimser immera mac a athair, imera ingen..."

166. Then after the battle was won and the slaughter had been cleared away, the Morrigan, the daughter of Ernmas, proceeded to announce the battle and the great victory which had occurred there to the royal heights of Ireland and to its sid-hosts, to its chief waters and to its rivermouths. And that is the reason Badb still relates great deeds. "Have you any news?" everyone asked her then.

Peace up to heaven. Heaven down to earth. Earth beneath heaven, Strength in each, A cup very full Full of honey; Mead in abundance. Summer in winter... Peace up to heaven...

167. She also prophesied the end of the time, foretelling every evil that would occur then, and every disease and every vengeance; and she chanted the following poem:

I shall not see a world which will be dear to me: summer without blossoms, cattle will be without milk, women without conscience, men without valor, Honor will be found short. Conquests without a king... Woods without mast. Seas without produce... False judgments of old men, false precedents of lawyers, every man a betrayer, every son a reaver. The child will go to the bed of their parent, the parent will go to the bed of their child. Each their siblings mate. They will not seek any mate outside their own house... An evil time, son will deceive his father, daughter will deceive mother, ..

It's strange but I think there's already some truth to this as well as other end time prophecies. Many prophecies say that something terrible is definitely going to happen. In some Pagan religions, Abrahamic faiths, Dharmic faiths, even Oriental faiths. What do you think?

Maponos

Welcome to the Opera
I'm not sure I'd take the Book of Invasions completely seriously as it was written by Christian monks, but a bit of what she 'prophesied' does sound as if it's happening now.

Theweirdtophat

I'm not sure I'd take the Book of Invasions completely seriously as it was written by Christian monks, but a bit of what she 'prophesied' does sound as if it's happening now.

They were although they got some ideas off of the Celtic culture and some Celts had prophecies that weren't in the Book of Invasions. This prophecy seems similar but different than the Christian one and others as well.