• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Celtic Deity Question

Allfather

Troublemaker from Ulster
Any Celtic Pagans in here?

I was wondering if anyone has any information on the Irish Goddess, Flidais. I heard the name in a song recently and was wondering what the implications of that deity in the context of the song were.

Thanks for the help, if anyone might know

kai

ragamuffin
a bit of a character

Flidais is the Goddess of Wild Beasts and owns a herd of supernatural cattle. She is also a sexually potent being, as her consort Fergus needs seven ordinary women to satisfy his needs whenever Flidais is not there to satisfy him. Flidais is ruler of the beasts of the forest and is drawn along in a chariot pulled by a deer.
Flidais was the wife of Ailill Fionn when Bricriu the troublemaker from Ulster, persuades Fergus to woo her, Ailill Fionn battles with Fergus and his men but is slain. Flidais then stays with Fergus bringing her herd of magical cattle to Ulster. The most famed of her cows was called Maol and this cow gave so much milk that she could nourish three hundred men and their families in a day.

Ha ha "the troublemaker from Ulster" i like that!

Allfather

Troublemaker from Ulster
kai said:
Ha ha "the troublemaker from Ulster" i like that!

Yea, what's funny is my family originates from the province of Ulster in Ireland. I suppose I could fashion myself a "troublemaker from Ulster"

England my Lionheart, thanks for the link. I suppose I could have gone there first, I just wanted to see if anyone knew anything off-hand. Flidais is a pretty lesser-known figure in the mythology, or at least as far as my limited knowledge was concerned.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Yea, what's funny is my family originates from the province of Ulster in Ireland. I suppose I could fashion myself a "troublemaker from Ulster"

England my Lionheart, thanks for the link. I suppose I could have gone there first, I just wanted to see if anyone knew anything off-hand. Flidais is a pretty lesser-known figure in the mythology, or at least as far as my limited knowledge was concerned.

I was being lazy,i used to have a recurring dream about a woman(not that type of dream) who wore a laurel of flowers on her head and dressed in white and i mentioned this to somebody i got to know and she mentioned Brigid a Celtic Goddess and while i read up on it i saw Flidais.
So you are the trouble maker from Ulster,best we keep an eye on you LOL

Allfather

Troublemaker from Ulster
England my lionheart said:
i used to have a recurring dream about a woman(not that type of dream)

Haha. No no certainly not that type of dream.

England my lionheart said:
So you are the trouble maker from Ulster,best we keep an eye on you LOL

Two eyes, if you know what's best :eek: