• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Celebration of Climate Change!

Will you celebrate climate change this weekend?

• Yes: I will celebrate this climate change.

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • No: I will not celebrate this climate change.

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
The expected nearly 70 degree warm-up here near Chicago from now to this weekend wants to make me shed my clothes and run around almost naked this weekend in celebration of this climate change. Of course on Sunday, I'll probably be watching the Superbowl on my couch in my underwear. Since the Bears failed to make the Superbowl, I'll root for my next favorite NFL team, which is naturally the team playing opposite the New England Patriots.

Last edited:

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
The expected nearly 70 degree warm-up here near Chicago from now to this weekend wants to make me shed my clothes and run around almost naked this weekend in celebration of this climate change. Of course on Sunday, I'll probably be watching the Superbowl on my couch in my underwear. Since the Bears failed to make the Superbowl, I'll root for my next favorite NFL team, which is naturally the team playing opposite the New England Patriots.
What you're referring to is called "weather."

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
Its 125" in Australia, all time record temps across the country.

Jumi

I guess climate change sucks for them; as long as climate change works well for me, that's my primary concern.
Yes you can always move to countries where it works for you, as long as you can. I think that's the idea today... ;)

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Denialism is appealling to some, I can see.

Hopefully those will keep high spirits when they realize their foolishness.

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
Denialism is appealling to some, I can see.

Hopefully those will keep high spirits when they realize their foolishness.

There were 4000 ppm of atmospheric CO2 during the Cambrian explosion of life on Earth; today there is approximately 400 ppm of atmospheric CO2, compared to approximately 200 ppm a couple of hundred years ago. (1) A doubling of atmospheric C02 has increased overall air temperatures by a mere 1 degree Celsius over the last few hundred years; this is hardly a need of grave concern. (2)) The environmentalist radicals need to stop their fear-mongering and hatred towards industrial green house gases.

(1) Carbon dioxide in Earth's atmosphere - Wikipedia

(2) Global Temperature Trends Since 2500 B.C.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

Should'a put it in the jokes forum instead of current events.
I know the beauteous impending warm up is such an event,
but the joke is lost on many.

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
Yes you can always move to countries where it works for you, as long as you can. I think that's the idea today... ;)

If Illinois were to become too hot for my liking, I suppose I could always move to Wisconsin where it'd be more comfortable.. ....:cool:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I guess climate change sucks for them; as long as climate change works well for me, that's my primary concern.
Climate change is long term. Short term events, such as cold snaps or heat waves are not climate change.

But one can look at the pattern of cold snaps and heat waves and see if there is climate change. The number of new record high temperatures vastly outnumber the number of new record low temperatures at an almost two to one ration:

Climate Signals | Record High Temps vs. Record Low Temps

If there was no warming the two numbers should be roughly equal. They clearly are not.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
When I grew up in Minnesota that was short sleeve shirt weather. In those days it got down to -20 almost every winter in Minneapolis. Now when it does so it makes national news.
Another explanation is that it's news because hyping it attracts eyeballs.
Short sleeves below zero?
You Norwegian bachelor farmers never were that bright.