• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Celebrating the Sabats

Lehnah

Master of the Mystic Arts
I was wondering how everyone celebrates the sabats, especially if you're a solitary wiccan. As it was recently Yule I celebrated me first sabat then. I was unsure of how to celebrate it and seeing I'm "in the closet" in regards to me being a Wiccan (I'n ot yet ready to tell my family) I didn't want to do anything big that would draw attention. I lit some candles, one each for the God and Goddess, and a third for the spirit/life. I also had some incense burning, which is part of the ritual I really enjoy. I put on a Wendy Rule album - her music always helps me get into "the mood" for ritual - and set quietly and meditated on the God, the Goddess, new life, rebirth and all that fun stuff.

It was nice, I quite enjoyed it, but it had me wondering what I'd do for future sabats. I'd love to hear how you all celebrate them.

Cheers.

Gentoo

The Feisty Penguin
Mike and I will usually light a few candles, discuss what the season means to us, focus and center ourselves, talk about where we want to go next in both our spiritual and mundane lives, and we close with a seasonal offering. Not necessarily Wiccan but that's how we've translated Wiccan sabbat rituals.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
Mike and I will usually light a few candles, discuss what the season means to us, focus and center ourselves, talk about where we want to go next in both our spiritual and mundane lives, and we close with a seasonal offering. Not necessarily Wiccan but that's how we've translated Wiccan sabbat rituals.
I was thinking of doing something similar, though I may translate it to something a bit more.. practical and do stuff with the kids, like little festivals and stuff, an excuse to let go of being an adult and act like a kid - something to get us all back into nature. :)

When I was a practicing Pagan, I used to hang out with friends, light some candles, and just generally have a party. Not very magick-y.. :D

What kind of seasonal offerings do you do if you don't mind me asking?

Gentoo

The Feisty Penguin
I was thinking of doing something similar, though I may translate it to something a bit more.. practical and do stuff with the kids, like little festivals and stuff, an excuse to let go of being an adult and act like a kid - something to get us all back into nature. :)

That's what we'd do if we had kids, I think ;)

When I was a practicing Pagan, I used to hang out with friends, light some candles, and just generally have a party. Not very magick-y.. :D

Sounds magick-y to me. How do we celebrate Christmas with our Christian families? By getting together, lighting some candles and having fun :)

What kind of seasonal offerings do you do if you don't mind me asking?

For the summer solstice, Mike offered homemade mead. In the fall, we've offered apples; in the spring, we colored eggs one year... Winter is a hard one though...

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
That's what we'd do if we had kids, I think ;)
Awesome. :D I'll have to try. :)

Sounds magick-y to me. How do we celebrate Christmas with our Christian families? By getting together, lighting some candles and having fun :)
Lighting candles isn't something we did/do in our house, just watch TV and fight. :D

For the summer solstice, Mike offered homemade mead. In the fall, we've offered apples; in the spring, we colored eggs one year... Winter is a hard one though...
Cool. :) For winter.. I know! Make a snow man!!! :D

enchanted_one1975

Resident Lycanthrope
I am still fairly new at this, but this coming Yule will be the first Sabbat we will be celebrating as a family. The plan is that we will consider it Yule for my fiance and me. We will make it Christmas for the kids, as they are not Wiccan. They are just going to have to deal with seeing a bunch of fairy ornaments and pentacles on the tree.