• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

CBS Special report mail bombing

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Governor Cuomo is saying for the second day in a row that the bombs definitely could have exploded, but he's not saying who has told him that yet.

"BREAKING: Senior law-enforcement sources have confirmed this suspect is Cesar Sayoc, 56, of Fort Lauderdale, Fl"

Stanyon

WWMRD?
Some reports have been stating there were no triggering devices on them, I'm pretty sure that argument is not going to work for them in court.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I haven't found out why he was arrested, but....

"BREAKING: Senior law-enforcement sources have confirmed this suspect is Cesar Sayoc, 56, of Fort Lauderdale, Fl"
Suspect in custody in Florida in wave of parcel bombs
MIAMI, Oct 26 (Reuters) - Federal authorities arrested a person on Friday in connection with at least a dozen parcel bombs sent this week to Democratic politicians and high-profile critics of U.S. President Donald Trump, the U.S. Justice Department said.

The person was taken into custody in the Miami area, a U.S. law enforcement official said. The investigation into this week's wave of suspicious packages focused on southern Florida and a mail sorting facility in the area.

The U.S. Justice Department will hold a news conference at 2:30 p.m. EDT. (1830 GMT), a department spokeswoman said.

Citing an unnamed source, cable network MSNBC said the suspect was a man in his 50s. CNN said the arrest was made in Plantation, a city near Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. Reuters could not immediately confirm those reports.

No one claimed responsibility for parcel bombs, which were denounced by authorities as terrorism, and came less than two weeks ahead of U.S. congressional elections that could alter the balance of power in Washington.

Police found two of the suspicious packages on Friday addressed to U.S. Senator Cory Booker and James Clapper, the former U.S. director of national intelligence, officials said.

The 11th package was addressed to Booker, a Democratic senator from New Jersey, and was discovered at a mail sorting facility in Florida, the FBI said. A 12th package was addressed to Clapper at cable network CNN and was intercepted at a New York City post office, a federal law enforcement official said.

(Reporting by Zachary Fagenson; Additional reporting by Gina Cherelus, Gabriella Borter and Peter Szekely in New York, Mark Hosenball, Makini Brice and Susan Heavey in Washington, and Brendan O'Brien in Milwaukee; Writing by Daniel Wallis; Editing by Lisa Shumaker and Jeffrey Benkoe)

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Some reports have been stating there were no triggering devices on them, I'm pretty sure that argument is not going to work for them in court.
A mental incompetence argument?

It reminds me of the war between Revoltistan & Wireyania.
They threw dynamite at us.
We lit the fuse & threw it back at them.
(@Wirey surrendered, & we punished him with a week's vacation in Revoltistan.)

Earthling

David Henson
I saw a news report saying that Trump is claiming this is going to hurt Republicans in voting I suspect because these were Republicans doing it. WHy would Dems try to kill themselves?

Haven't you answered your own question? If it's harmful to the Republicans then it would be beneficial to the Democrats, so make it look like the Republicans did it. This is basic history.

pearl

Did anyone notice the van that allegedly belongs to the suspect who was arrested, with the windows all plastered with Trump stickers? Suddenly the entire van was covered with a tarp by the FBI.
And the plot thickens