• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

CBS Special report mail bombing

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
We must agree to disagree about Trump bearing all responsibility
for a climate of bi-partisan incivility escalating to violence.
But don’t put words in my mouth. I have not said this. I think I have been exceedingly clear. And this is not what I said.

Nous

Premium Member
Antifa site distributes posters comparing Trump supporters to Nazis;
You know, that does not at all seem as though it should logically lead to someone asserting ". . . the libs indeed wrongly blame Trump for people who die from natural causes...i.e. .a poor health condition..."

Does it?

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Yes, the libs indeed wrongly blame Trump for people who die from natural causes...i.e. .a poor health condition...Nevertheless, some Trump haters wrongly blamed the POTUS for the death of people who supposedly lack access to health care.; Of course, that's fake news, the unreported truth is nobody can be denied emergency health care treatment at any hospital emergency room.
I see. So what if a person has cancer and needs treatment? Are emergency hospitals visits going to cut it?

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
But Trump is responsible for some deaths in Puerto Rico, a larger aid package would have saved a lot more lives.

Bob the Unbeliever

Although during pledge drives, our NPR station does
make some over-reaching claims, eg, being bias free.

OAN, with its opposing bias, makes the same claim.
And I think they both believe it.

Yeah... that's when I used to switch over to BBC radio (funding drive for NPR). My dad has passed on, and I have formally inherited his car, which sports a GM branded radio.

I think I'll be stripping the radio out of my old busted-up Izusu, and putting in into his car--it's an HD Sony radio, and I can get BBC America (radio) on an HD channel.

And bluetooth. My Sony has bluetooth. Dad's old GM radio? Would have been cutting edge ... in 2001... and it's a 2008 model... :D

Bob the Unbeliever

We must agree to disagree about Trump bearing all responsibility
for a climate of bi-partisan incivility escalating to violence.

Oh, I don't give tЯump all the responsibility. I place a fair bit of blame on Mitch McC and the rest of the GOP goons.

But, to be fair, some also falls on the Democrats: for having a weak spine... If they had shown some Moxie? They could easily have beaten a serial Liar like tЯump.

But they like to pretend they have some sort of silly "moral high ground".

Right. In politics? Gimme a break... all politics at some fundamental level, is pretty low-brow.

I think Robert A Heinlein had the rights things: (paraphrased) "Anyone who wants high political office? Should have his head examined. If found sane? Be immediately disqualified."

(astute observers will note that Mr Heinlein did not seem to have a problem with insane politicians.... I think he may have a point)

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Oh, I don't give tЯump all the responsibility. I place a fair bit of blame on Mitch McC and the rest of the GOP goons.

But, to be fair, some also falls on the Democrats: for having a weak spine... If they had shown some Moxie? They could easily have beaten a serial Liar like tЯump.

But they like to pretend they have some sort of silly "moral high ground".

Right. In politics? Gimme a break... all politics at some fundamental level, is pretty low-brow.

I think Robert A Heinlein had the rights things: (paraphrased) "Anyone who wants high political office? Should have his head examined. If found sane? Be immediately disqualified."

(astute observers will note that Mr Heinlein did not seem to have a problem with insane politicians.... I think he may have a point)
I see an abundance of strong Democrat spines.
I also see instigation of incivility & worse.
To paint Trump as Hitler is quite inflammatory.
How many might think of the time travel cliche....
assassinate little Adolf before his rise to power.

Bob the Unbeliever

I see an abundance of strong Democrat spines.
I also see instigation of incivility & worse.
To paint Trump as Hitler is quite inflammatory.
How many might think of the time travel cliche....
assassinate little Adolf before his rise to power.

I think the comparison between tЯump and Hitler is not off the marks.

The two had a similar style of rhetoric, but to be fair, Hitler is far more charismatic of the two, and speaks with a much more educated vocabulary. tЯump speaks at roughly the 6th grade level (according to some analysts).

But both speak of "them" versus "us". Both have a magic "solution" to all the country's problems. Both demand absolute adoration of themselves above all else. Both point to minorities as "them" and "why everything is bad". Both are Nationalists in the extreme, to the point that all other places belong with "them".

Except tЯump, of course-- he has nothing but praise for most of the world's dictatorships, with few exceptions. tЯump seems overjoyed at the idea of absolute power--which he seems to crave.

But both Hitler and tЯump foolishly think that CONservitive ideals actually work.. when history shows us otherwise.

They differ in some ways, Hitler was willing to study extensively, and tЯump brags about not studying anything, and in fact, brags about never reading.

They are both megalomaniacs. I see them as very similar.

Bob the Unbeliever

Right.
Because of the blitzkriegs, the pogroms, invading Poland, the total dictatorial power.
Those who foment hatred & violence seldom think they're doing wrong.

1) Our government has more limits than Germany of the late 1920s and 1930s.

2) Give tЯump time, and continued complacency of the grab-as-much-$$-as-they-can-before-being-ousted GOP.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
2) Give tЯump time, and continued complacency of the grab-as-much-$$-as-they-can-before-being-ousted GOP.
I'll let you worry about his becoming Hitler.
Pronouncements that GW Bush was worse than Hitler evaporated,
as will the one's about Trump. Money back guarantee.

Bob the Unbeliever

I'll let you worry about his becoming Hitler.
Pronouncements that GW Bush was worse than Hitler evaporated,
as will the one's about Trump. Money back guarantee.

No. GW was never as bad as Hitler, and I said so back in the day-- I spent a great deal of time on political forums (not unlike this one, only politics).

For one thing GW deliberately cultivated a bumbling, beer-swilling Good Old Boy facade; somewhat the antithesis of Hitler.

As time went on, people began to realize that a beer swilling Good Old Boy didn't make a good president, and he went down with a record as the worst in modern history.

Broken, only by tЯump.

Who will be indicted, sooner or later. Guaranteed. That's what happens to Fascist Criminals.