• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

CBO scores Senate's Trumpcare bill - massive losses to coverage

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
The bill is a massive wealth transfer from the poor and middle classes to the top 1% or 2%. If you're making less than $200,000 a year, there's almost nothing in it for you.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Let's see, so are they going to be lazy bums who just need a job for health care coverage (as was their excuse before the ACA), or is this going to be "fake news" and suddenly millions and millions and millions of more people have cheap insurance?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I didn't vote for the republican party because I'm in the middle class.
I'm trans, poor, and considered medically frail by the state and fit the most severely disabled category at vocational rehabilitation. I definitely do not vote Republican.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
If you are happy that millions lose health care increasing pain, suffering and no doubt many deaths, then you'll love the Senate Republican "death panel" written law. https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucej...lls-trumpcare-bill-increases-uninsured-by-22m

In other words, the CBO confirmed the analysis that Trumpcare is designed to give tax breaks to the very wealthy while millions suffer the consequences.
Why are you surprised? Republicans -- and more especially rich, supposedly Christian Republicans -- have never understood a word of what Jesus said. "Feed my sheep" indeed. Republicans eat those sheep.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Why are you surprised? Republicans -- and more especially rich, supposedly Christian Republicans -- have never understood a word of what Jesus said. "Feed my sheep" indeed. Republicans eat those sheep.
Here's a classic illustration.

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Since you have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, you have done it unto me.

Mom of boy with rare disorder shares photo of astronomical hospital bill

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Like Obamacare was so great. It just isn't. It's an expensive mess for people.
Conversely Trump Care isn't either as it's clearly not addressing healthcare itself.

People need to get realistic and stop focusing on the dammed insurance coverage all the time. Coverage doesn't do a dammed bit of good if your out of pocket deductibles soar into the thousands of dollars for middle class households which make up the bulk of benefactors. I got the sky high bills to prove it and it's going to take me a very long time to pay everything off.

It's a systemic issue involving healthcare itself. Screwing with insurance coverages all the time just isn't going to make things better. Republicans or Democrats. I don't really care who is to blame. The focus is way off while healthcare itself is getting off scott free while our attention is squarely on insurance itself while ignoring the real widespread problems of waste and greed within the healthcare industry itself. .

tytlyf

Not Religious
And you have the Republicans to thank for that. It was their obstructionism that left America with the healthcare system Republicans have spent years bragging that they can replace. But they can't because they never had an alternative to begin with.
All those elections won based on the "repeal and replace" tagline. I wonder if those voters are even angry. It seems that a bunch don't care.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
People need to get realistic and stop focusing on the dammed insurance coverage all the time. Coverage doesn't do a dammed bit of good if your out of pocket deductibles soar into the thousands of dollars for middle class households which make up the bulk of benefactors. I got the sky high bills to prove it and it's going to take me a very long time to pay everything off.

It's a systemic issue involving healthcare itself. Screwing with insurance coverages all the time just isn't going to make things better. Republicans or Democrats. I don't really care who is to blame. The focus is way off while healthcare itself is getting off scott free while our attention is squarely on insurance itself while ignoring the real widespread problems of waste and greed within the healthcare industry itself. .
Just today I was complaining about how bad pharmacy reps really are. Many wont want to hear it, but unless we kill off the profit motive in health care the costs are only going to continue to sky rocket, and well probably see more and more meds being jacked up in price to unreasonable and unjustifiable rates. The costs of simple hospital supplies will continue to rocket without reason.
We need to put health care first in health care, tell insurance and big pharma to **** off, and go to a universal single payer system so all are covered and none face bankrupting medical bills.