• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Caution: Homosexuality Dangerous to Health

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleNipper

Rex_Admin said:
Little Nipper,

Maybe you should dig and find our first go around about homosexuality. Some animals/reptiles in nature are either homaphrodites(sp?) and produce offspring, some are also the same sex but yet nature find a way for them to produce offspring.

Yes as of today homosexual humans cannot but it is not say that through nature one day they may never.

Also your tone is getting to my disliking remember this is a place of education and discussion not disrespect. If you wish to prove a point then back it up with facts not your personal opinion on the subject. Just saying something doesn't mean it's true, bring the evidence and I am sure your arguement will go a lot better.

First, it can be augured that we are created in GOD's image. This isn't true of animals. They don't contemplate their reason or purpose for their existance.
Secondly, one day hasn't happened.
Thirdly, you cannot hear me. My tone isn't the issue, it is that you disagree with me. There are plenty of others who have made remarks that have offered NO evidence whatsoever for their upholding of homosexuality. Just saying something doesn't make it true. At least I do bring my Bible and not just my convictions... I don't mean to sound smug but if you read through all the responses, I feel that you will HONESTLY see who has brought meat to the table and who has brought nothing but hot air. Merely saying GOD made me this way without proof is bunk.

Rex

Founder
LittleNipper said:
First, it can be augured that we are created in GOD's image. This isn't true of animals. They don't contemplate their reason or purpose for their existance.
Secondly, one day hasn't happened.
Thirdly, you cannot hear me. My tone isn't the issue, it is that you disagree with me. There are plenty of others who have made remarks that have offered NO evidence whatsoever for their upholding of homosexuality. Just saying something doesn't make it true. At least I do bring my Bible and not just my convictions... I don't mean to sound smug but if you read through all the responses, I feel that you will HONESTLY see who has brought meat to the table and who has brought nothing but hot air. Merely saying GOD made me this way without proof is bunk.
Yes that can be argued depending on what you believe is the truth. But b/c GOD didn't create animals in his own image doesn't negate that animals don't contemplate their reason or prupose for their existance. This is starting on the debate of whether conscience or will is the driving force of ourselves, again an opinion.

And yes I can "hear" you and it is the issue. When typing in capitals it is internet knowledge that, that means one is "yelling" at the other person thus why you put the extra time to do so.

They have brought there evidence on the first post of this topic which is why I asked you to dig around and find it, your not the only person to debate the topic here.

And bringing the Bible into the picture/table you must realize some here don't acknowledge the bible as evidence or truth b/c one can't prove it's motive but that also doesn't make it a not source b/c some do believe in the bible.

The point I am trying to make is I want this discussion to stay civil.

Rex

Founder
I should also add this is a "General Debates" forum. This topic is not in the "Religious Debates" forum.

Druidus

Keeper of the Grove

How do you know they weren't? Or if your "God", exists at all? I BELIEVE mine do, but they may not. Secondly, when was the last time you asked a Chimpanzee, Bonobo, Pig, Cetacean, Parrot or any other animal whether or not they contemplate their purpose?

Just saying something doesn't make it true. At least I do bring my Bible and not just my convictions... I don't mean to sound smug but if you read through all the responses, I feel that you will HONESTLY see who has brought meat to the table and who has brought nothing but hot air. Merely saying GOD made me this way without proof is bunk.

Just writing a book and saying it is the word of "God" doesn't make it true. Merely saying God doesn't like homosexuals doesn't make it true.
Also, because you believe in the bible, it is part of your convictions.

Melody

<<Regarding homosexual couples not producing children, that is an untrue statement. Some have produced children by natural means>>

I think the point being made was that a homosexual couple could not procreate. Not that they can't have children.

Not taking sides...just clarifying a point.

Melody

Lightkeeper

Actually, there are studies being done on rats. Scientists were successful in planting two female eggs from two rats. A female rat resulted from the union.

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
Rex_Admin said:
I should also add this is a "General Debates" forum. This topic is not in the "Religious Debates" forum.
That is true, Rex. But it always seems to come back to a religious debate because the only reason ever given for the way society treats BGLT people is because of the way a few writings in the Bible have been intrepretated.

Melody

Wow...I've just spent the last hour reading through the posts on this topic and my head is spinning. This particular topic interests me because here in Michigan we will have an opportunity in November to vote on whether or not to change our state constitution to specifically ban gay marriage. There are so many posts I want to respond to but I just don't have that kind of time but I'll try to be focused and try not to ramble.

Christianity & Homosexuality
A "Christian" is a follower of Christ. We believe that our salvation can only be found by accepting Jesus Christ as our personal Saviour and that it is by our faith and His Grace that we are saved...not by deeds or words. However, if we truly are followers of Christ and His teachings, then our actions should reflect this love, compassion and mercy. Let us look to our own faults and quit trying to second guess what God accepts as right or wrong.

Christianity & Bigotry
Webster's defines a "bigot" as: a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices
Based on this definition, I'd say everyone on this board could be defined as a bigot. Then again, that's just my opinion ;)

Christianity, Gays & The Law
The right or wrong of homosexuality is a religious issue. Take away religious morality and your arguments are gone. Whether you think it's wrong or not, do you really want to set precedence for allowing laws to be made that reflect a religious belief?? It was very important to the founding fathers of our country that we separate church and state. They did this because they had firsthand knowledge of religious intolerance. As Christians, it is in our best interests to continue to see that this state of separation continues to exist or, in the future, we may find we're the ones being outlawed because another religion becomes politically dominant.

Judge not lest ye be judged. Be concerned about your own spiritual walk and let the Lord watch over everyone else.

Melody

true blood

God is no respector of persons. Being homo is no more a sin then stealing a penny. A person can be born again, aka receive the spirit of God, making them whole, and still be gay and/or still steal a penny. God does not and will not take his seed of spirit away for doing so. However, any act of sin, opens the hedge for evil to get through.

Pah

Uber all member
Melody said:
<<Regarding homosexual couples not producing children, that is an untrue statement. Some have produced children by natural means>>

I think the point being made was that a homosexual couple could not procreate. Not that they can't have children.

Not taking sides...just clarifying a point.

Melody

Well, not really. I don't have my source - it's on loan - but Evolution's Rainbow by Joan Roughgarden tells me that the rate of male homsexuals haveing children by natural means is about 50% in the US and 85% in Japan. The US rate for homosexuals females is higher at (I think about 90%) is nearly equal to heterosexual women. I imagine this would include donated sperm for women and surragacy for males but you should consider that many do not "come out" until after marrying an oppositie sex partner and they bring their children with them

So, to nit-pick, they do procreate.

-pah-

Melody

<<So, to nit-pick, they do procreate.>>

If two males have sex, is there any possibility that they will have a child from sexual intercourse? If two females have sex, can their sexual intercourse produce a child?

I believe this is the point the original poster was making. That a homosexual couple is incapable of procreating without the outside interference of another party.

Again, not taking sides....just clarifying a point.

For those who believe it's about this ability to procreate, how about heterosexual couples who are unable to have children. Since they cannot procreate, does this mean it is an abomination in God's sight when these couples marry and have sexual relations?

Melody

Melody

<<Parthinogenisis is quite common in nature... That is same sex breeding (usually involving female only couples).
>>

Yes, but this has never been documented in humans.

And that's the last word I'm saying on this topic since it's not even my argument! :p

Melody

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
I hope this is on-topic, but I just wanted to give a 'shout-out' to those people who've handled themselves with dignity and respect on this thread. It's a heated topic, I know, and those who can debate or acknowledge the validity of other viewpoints while maintaining their own in an honorable manner gives great weight to the sake of their argument. (Also, and I'm *sure* this last bit isn't on topic, but is it permissable for me to lust after Gerani1248's avatar? I'm pretty sure that isn't specifically forbidden by any formal religion, right?)

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
FeathersinHair said:
(Also, and I'm *sure* this last bit isn't on topic, but is it permissable for me to lust after Gerani1248's avatar? I'm pretty sure that isn't specifically forbidden by any formal religion, right?)
Oh, I'm sure it is in some religion, but not mine, so go ahead. ;)

branhamkatina

I also agree that you do not chose to be homosexual you are born that way. It is shameful that a Christian would actually act so cruel to homosexuals. I am just wondering why this subject even came up in the first place? Who cares if someone is a homosexual or not? God loves all his children, or so I thought. Am I confused?

Ardhanariswar

I'm back!
"

I hope this is on-topic, but I just wanted to give a 'shout-out' to those people who've handled themselves with dignity and respect on this thread. It's a heated topic, I know, and those who can debate or acknowledge the validity of other viewpoints while maintaining their own in an honorable manner gives great weight to the sake of their argument. (Also, and I'm *sure* this last bit isn't on topic, but is it permissable for me to lust after Gerani1248's avatar? I'm pretty sure that isn't specifically forbidden by any formal religion, right?)"

*breazy sigh* tall skinny guys with big noses (aka noah wyle and adrien brody). ^-^

ya, many of my christian friends dont really care. i mean, christians are supposed to be loving and helping and altruistic. what people need is to help others, especially homos who need to come out to thier parents or need help in times of depression. im very certain God does not want hate and animosity with others.
afterall, jesus sat and ate with sinners (im not saying homosexuality is a sin, but if christians think so) then christians should do as jesus did.

godischange

Reasons to Become Gay

1) To become rejected from society
2) To have multiple religious groups against me
3) To raise my risks of being physically or mentally harmed
4) To have less rights in the states
5) To risk losing family support
6) To risk losing friends
7) To risk losing chances at good jobs.
8) To submit my family to ridicule
9) To get flamed for being a flamer
10) To be a large target for rude jokes
11) To be described as an animal or otherwise inferior to others
12) To raise my chance of being led toward suicide
13) To lose my chance at a rightful marriage
14) To have to hide myself from everyone else

Who Wouldn't Choose to be Gay?

For those of you who don't get it, it's talking about the fact that being gay isn't a choice. Nature vs. Nurture? I don't think so. If it was a choice, don't you think that some of the 10% of our population would have thought twice before labeling themselves as an LGBT? :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.