• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Caution: Homosexuality Dangerous to Health

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleNipper

Gerani1248 said:
"Well, I guess Jesus was intolerant"

you guess? um, okay, jesus said people are dumb because they dont follow him, the truth, yet he ate with sinners. this obviously cannot be true, the gospels must have made an error. as for you, you are trying to be christian. but your mind says otherwise.

I am a Christian! I'm trying to be better one.

LittleNipper said:
Would GOD send his children to hell? Only when you place your trust in Jesus Christ does one become an adopted child of God.
The Bible should be understood in light of itself and not on "post modern" human
opinion or logic------no matter how well intended.

No, God sends no one to hell. Jesus defeated hell and the devil forever when he sacrificed himself for humankind. All of God's children (meaning everyone) are forgiven by the love and the grace of Jesus and God.

I dont expect you to agree with that, nor can I provide biblical evidence. I realize that this is a relatively radical idea within Christianity.

I also see where you're coming from on your criticism of "postmodern" attempts at reinventing Christianity. However, I think there is a lot of value in a religion's ability to grow and change as the world changes and as it realizes it may have been wrong about certain issues. Contrary to the biblical evidence I'm sure that you will post against this, I see God and Jesus as unconditionally loving, forgiving, and merciful, and I do not think they turn anyone away simply for having the misfortune, misguidance, or simple honest disagreement to not believe in Jesus's sacrifice. They certainly do have the point that there is no reliable or empirical evidence for such a phenomenon.

Status
Not open for further replies.