• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Causality of the Body: The Ultimate Reduction of Human Choice

TurkeyOnRye

The body is the vehicle of life.

In its unbiased form, through the use of genetics, the body is told how to react to all stimuli. Infants are our most readily available example of an unconditioned body.

The body reacts in two forms: physiologically and cognitively.

Physiological reactions include the spectrum of emotions in addition to every other physiological mechanism.

Cognitive reactions are based on the fulfillment of physiological reactions. They are also subject to change due to physiological reactions as cognition cannot survive without the body.

The body’s reaction to stimuli runs in accordance with its inherent goals. The body has two primary goals: Survival and Procreation.

As the body lives out its life, it acquires secondary goals in order to promote its primary goals. These secondary goals can acquire their own secondary goals and those goals can have their own...and so on. These secondary goals make up the unique human personality.

The body derives these secondary goals from the inherent primary reactions used to achieve success of its primary goals (survival and procreation).

Over time and the correct life stimuli, these goals can even overshadow the body’s primary goals.

The body overshadows its primary goals when secondary goals become higher in priority than the primary goals. Level of priority is determined by strength of physiological reaction, but since all secondary goals are derived from the prospective fulfillment of its primary goal, the body sees the successful fulfillment of these essentially contradictory secondary goals as promoting the success of its primary goals.

Examples of secondary goals overshadowing the primary goals:

• Suicide in all forms
  • Rejection of sex for moral, philosophical and physical reasons
  • Self-mutilation for gratification
After much reduction, every choice that humans make is ultimately attributed to the cause and effect of physical form.

Comments? Debates? Let's hear it!

Sorry for the pretentious-sounding title...I couldn't help myself. :D

Last edited:

TurkeyOnRye

Please help me understand the significance of the qualifier, "of the physical form" in this context.

Physical form playing out cause and effect. Maybe I should change it to "the cause and effect of physical form." I'll do that.

Last edited:

Wandered Off

Sporadic Driveby Member
It appears to me your summation could be poorly reworded to say, "Human choice has no nonphysical causes or effects." My confusion arises because you said earlier that, "The body reacts in two forms: physically and cognitively." Sorry to be dense.

TurkeyOnRye

It appears to me your summation could be poorly reworded to say, "Human choice has no nonphysical causes or effects." My confusion arises because you said earlier that, "The body reacts in two forms: physically and cognitively." Sorry to be dense.

Sorry, I like to stipulate words in a specific context and then change them in a nother...gets a bit confusing, even for me....

wel every male action i can reduce to men wanting sex, or saving balance in nature, just try me

TurkeyOnRye

wel every male action i can reduce to men wanting sex, or saving balance in nature, just try me

I was going to propose the same thing at the end of the OP, actually. But I'd enjoy making a proposal too.

Try this:

Finding the missing sock of a matched pair. Let's assume you have plenty of socks to choose from. Reduce that and you get frubals. :D

Last edited:

ordening/looking for socks is a good way to rearrange your thoughts, and with all your thoughs straight its easyer to think, and the easyer you think the easyer you are able impress a girl with your knowlage, and the easyer you get a girl the easyer your access to sex is

(or the other reason: you don't want your girlfriend to find your other sock since you mastrubated into it and she doesn't get turned on by that)

TurkeyOnRye

ordening/looking for socks is a good way to rearrange your thoughts, and with all your thoughs straight its easyer to think, and the easyer you think the easyer you are able impress a girl with your knowlage, and the easyer you get a girl the easyer your access to sex is

(or the other reason: you don't want your girlfriend to find your other sock since you mastrubated into it and she doesn't get turned on by that)

Very good. Though I would say:

The human mind naturally desires order and seeks out logical patterns. Symmetry in nature is a common display of health. Healthy means well-adapted, well-adapted means fit, and fit means survival.
BAM!