• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Catholics Only: How Quickly do Illegal Immigrants get on free, Vatican City State, healthcare?

Steven Merten

In this following link, Pope Francis wants free health care for all people, similar to he, himself, who has recently received free health care.

Pope Francis Makes His First Public Appearance From The Hospital Since His Surgery

If I lived in a poor country, and my mother needed an expensive medical operation, like Pope Francis recently did, the first thing I would do is illegally immigrate to Vatican City State, where Pope Francis, with his ‘Open Borders' secular policy, has free health care available and waiting for my ailing mother to get there. Just imagine you, as an illegal immigrant, waking up everyday and looking out, from under your piece of cardboard, from your spot in St. Peter's Square, to see Pope Francis himself, waving to you from the balcony of his Papal Palace. Life would be pretty good! At least a lot better than the poor country you immigrate from.

I do pray and hope that Pope Francis is able to attract illegal immigrants, from around the world, to migrate to Vatican City State, where free healthcare awaits them. With Pope Francis himself being temporal ruler over the country of Vatican City State, illegal immigrants will hopefully receive all the Vatican City state benefits that the Pope himself receives, and that Jesus Himself entitles the poor from around the world, too.

I figure that God’s Commanded tithe on 2 billion Christians on earth today, is about a trillion dollars a year. I think that only less than ten billion dollars, of Jesus’ great financial wealth on earth, of a trillion dollars a year, is presently going to help the poor living in poor countries. How glorious it would be for Pope Francis to access Jesus’ great wealth of a trillion dollars a year, and establish free health care and welfare for all people on earth, out of Christian love for the least of Jesus’ brothers on earth.

NAB MAT 25:31

"When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit upon his glorious throne, and all the nations will be assembled before him. And he will separate them one from another, as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. He will place the sheep on his right and the goats on his left. Then the king will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father. Inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, a stranger and you welcomed me, naked and you clothed me, ill and you cared for me, in prison and you visited me.' Then the righteous will answer him and say, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? When did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you? When did we see you ill or in prison, and visit you?' And the king will say to them in reply, 'Amen, I say to you, whatever you did for one of these least brothers of mine, you did for me.' Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you accursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. For I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me no drink, a stranger and you gave me no welcome, naked and you gave me no clothing, ill and in prison, and you did not care for me.' Then they will answer and say, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or ill or in prison, and not minister to your needs?' He will answer them, 'Amen, I say to you, what you did not do for one of these least ones, you did not do for me.' And these will go off to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life."

LUK 16:19 The Rich Man and Lazarus

"There was a rich man who dressed in purple garments and fine linen and dined sumptuously each day. And lying at his door was a poor man named Lazarus, covered with sores, who would gladly have eaten his fill of the scraps that fell from the rich man's table. Dogs even used to come and lick his sores. When the poor man died, he was carried away by angels to the bosom of Abraham. The rich man also died and was buried, and from the netherworld, where he was in torment, he raised his eyes and saw Abraham far off and Lazarus at his side. And he cried out, 'Father Abraham, have pity on me. Send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, for I am suffering torment in these flames.' Abraham replied, 'My child, remember that you received what was good during your lifetime while Lazarus likewise received what was bad; but now he is comforted here, whereas you are tormented. Moreover, between us and you a great chasm is established to prevent anyone from crossing who might wish to go from our side to yours or from your side to ours.' He said, 'Then I beg you, father, send him to my father's house, for I have five brothers, so that he may warn them, lest they too come to this place of torment.' But Abraham replied, 'They have Moses and the prophets. Let them listen to them.' He said, 'Oh no, father Abraham, but if someone from the dead goes to them, they will repent.' Then Abraham said, 'If they will not listen to Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded if someone should rise from the dead.'"

exchemist

Veteran Member
In this following link, Pope Francis wants free health care for all people, similar to he, himself, who has recently received free health care.

Pope Francis Makes His First Public Appearance From The Hospital Since His Surgery

If I lived in a poor country, and my mother needed an expensive medical operation, like Pope Francis recently did, the first thing I would do is illegally immigrate to Vatican City State, where Pope Francis, with his ‘Open Borders' secular policy, has free health care available and waiting for my ailing mother to get there. Just imagine you, as an illegal immigrant, waking up everyday and looking out, from under your piece of cardboard, from your spot in St. Peter's Square, to see Pope Francis himself, waving to you from the balcony of his Papal Palace. Life would be pretty good! At least a lot better than the poor country you immigrate from.

I do pray and hope that Pope Francis is able to attract illegal immigrants, from around the world, to migrate to Vatican City State, where free healthcare awaits them. With Pope Francis himself being temporal ruler over the country of Vatican City State, illegal immigrants will hopefully receive all the Vatican City state benefits that the Pope himself receives, and that Jesus Himself entitles the poor from around the world, too.

I figure that God’s Commanded tithe on 2 billion Christians on earth today, is about a trillion dollars a year. I think that only less than ten billion dollars, of Jesus’ great financial wealth on earth, of a trillion dollars a year, is presently going to help the poor living in poor countries. How glorious it would be for Pope Francis to access Jesus’ great wealth of a trillion dollars a year, and establish free health care and welfare for all people on earth, out of Christian love for the least of Jesus’ brothers on earth.

"When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit upon his glorious throne, and all the nations will be assembled before him. And he will separate them one from another, as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. He will place the sheep on his right and the goats on his left. Then the king will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father. Inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, a stranger and you welcomed me, naked and you clothed me, ill and you cared for me, in prison and you visited me.' Then the righteous will answer him and say, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? When did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you? When did we see you ill or in prison, and visit you?' And the king will say to them in reply, 'Amen, I say to you, whatever you did for one of these least brothers of mine, you did for me.' Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you accursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. For I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me no drink, a stranger and you gave me no welcome, naked and you gave me no clothing, ill and in prison, and you did not care for me.' Then they will answer and say, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or ill or in prison, and not minister to your needs?' He will answer them, 'Amen, I say to you, what you did not do for one of these least ones, you did not do for me.' And these will go off to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life."

"There was a rich man who dressed in purple garments and fine linen and dined sumptuously each day. And lying at his door was a poor man named Lazarus, covered with sores, who would gladly have eaten his fill of the scraps that fell from the rich man's table. Dogs even used to come and lick his sores. When the poor man died, he was carried away by angels to the bosom of Abraham. The rich man also died and was buried, and from the netherworld, where he was in torment, he raised his eyes and saw Abraham far off and Lazarus at his side. And he cried out, 'Father Abraham, have pity on me. Send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, for I am suffering torment in these flames.' Abraham replied, 'My child, remember that you received what was good during your lifetime while Lazarus likewise received what was bad; but now he is comforted here, whereas you are tormented. Moreover, between us and you a great chasm is established to prevent anyone from crossing who might wish to go from our side to yours or from your side to ours.' He said, 'Then I beg you, father, send him to my father's house, for I have five brothers, so that he may warn them, lest they too come to this place of torment.' But Abraham replied, 'They have Moses and the prophets. Let them listen to them.' He said, 'Oh no, father Abraham, but if someone from the dead goes to them, they will repent.' Then Abraham said, 'If they will not listen to Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded if someone should rise from the dead.'"
Free primary and emergency medical care are available, even to illegal migrants, in many countries, including the UK. Secondary (planned) care is not, however, in order to prevent "health tourism".

Gemelli hospital, where Francis was treated, is not in Vatican City.

Steven Merten

Free primary and emergency medical care are available, even to illegal migrants, in many countries, including the UK. Secondary (planned) care is not, however, in order to prevent "health tourism".

Gemelli hospital, where Francis was treated, is not in Vatican City.

Hello exchemist,

Are you telling us that Vatican City State residents simply walk across, or are stretched across, the border and are medically treated, with neither the Vatican City State government or Vatican City State residents, paying anything for the healthcare they consume? This sounds like a fairy tale. If true, how do poor illegal immigrants get this same kind of free healthcare, for simply stating that they are illegal immigrants who have migrated to Vatican City State?

So how does Pope Francis’ operate his ‘open borders' Vatican City State country, which he himself rules over? When trying to sell his concept of having ‘open borders’, he makes it sound like any poor person on earth can just walk across the border into Vatican City state, and live there, as an illegal immigrant, just the same as Pope Francis lives there. Pope Francis in the article, states that he wants health care for everyone. How do illegal immigrants who migrate to Vatican City State, get on this free healthcare that Pope Francis has for himself, without being discriminated against?

Steven Merten

Hello All,

Many Christians see Jesus, burning in hell those who do not properly tithe to care for the poor, as Jesus being unloving. I, on the other hand, see this as Jesus our King, enforcing His Command to care for the poor, out of His love for the poor. Where the secular world has ‘social justice’, Jesus has His Law of Christian Justice, to care for the poor. Our King Jesus' Christian Justice Law, is, properly care for the poor, out of love for Jesus, or Jesus will burn you in hell.

Some Christians still do love Jesus through the least of Jesus’ brothers. However, many Christians today just assume that Jesus, in His Great Mercy, will just look past their unrepentant hatred for Jesus, in their just letting the poor suffer and dye, rather than loving Jesus through the least of Jesus’ brothers, through proper Christian tithing, to care for the poor as Jesus Commanded.

Jesus tells us that He is going to burn in hell those who hate Him, through their not properly caring for the poor, as He our King's, gift of love for the poor.

NAB MAT 25

'Depart from me, you accursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. For I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me no drink, a stranger and you gave me no wellcome, naked and you gave me no clothing, ill and in prison, and you did not care for me.' Then they will answer and say, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or ill or in prison, and not minister to your needs?' He will answer them, 'Amen, I say to you, what you did not do for one of these least ones, you did not do for me.' And these will go off to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life."

Abraham replied, 'My child, remember that you received what was good during your lifetime while Lazarus likewise received what was bad; but now he is comforted here, whereas you are tormented. Moreover, between us and you a great chasm is established to prevent anyone from crossing who might wish to go from our side to yours or from your side to ours.'

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Pope Francis should clarify his "open borders" statement, especially because Catholic social teaching does recognize the Church's teachings that borders are proper. Thus, what I think the Pope was likely saying is that borders should not be obstacles for those seeking asylum for political and/or humanitarian reasons as his comments on "open borders" dealt with those seeking asylum from the Northern Triangle Countries that are in political and economic mayhem.

pearl

If you're going to quote from the NABRE you ought to include the explanatory notes.
The criterion of judgment will be the deeds of mercy that have been done for the least of Jesus’ brothers. A difficult and important question is the identification of these least brothers. Are they all people who have suffered hunger, thirst, etc., or a particular group of such sufferers? Scholars are divided in their response and arguments can be made for either side. But leaving aside the problem of what the traditional material that Matthew edited may have meant, it seems that a stronger case can be made for the view that in the evangelist’s sense the sufferers are Christians, probably Christian missionaries whose sufferings were brought upon them by their preaching of the gospel. The criterion of judgment for all the nations is their treatment of those who have borne to the world the message of Jesus, and this means ultimately their acceptance or rejection of Jesus himself.

The parable of the rich man and Lazarus again illustrates Luke’s concern with Jesus’ attitude toward the rich and the poor. The reversal of the fates of the rich man and Lazarus illustrates the teachings of Jesus in Luke’s “Sermon on the Plain”

Steven Merten

If you're going to quote from the NABRE you ought to include the explanatory notes.
The criterion of judgment will be the deeds of mercy that have been done for the least of Jesus’ brothers. A difficult and important question is the identification of these least brothers. Are they all people who have suffered hunger, thirst, etc., or a particular group of such sufferers? Scholars are divided in their response and arguments can be made for either side. But leaving aside the problem of what the traditional material that Matthew edited may have meant, it seems that a stronger case can be made for the view that in the evangelist’s sense the sufferers are Christians, probably Christian missionaries whose sufferings were brought upon them by their preaching of the gospel. The criterion of judgment for all the nations is their treatment of those who have borne to the world the message of Jesus, and this means ultimately their acceptance or rejection of Jesus himself.

The parable of the rich man and Lazarus again illustrates Luke’s concern with Jesus’ attitude toward the rich and the poor. The reversal of the fates of the rich man and Lazarus illustrates the teachings of Jesus in Luke’s “Sermon on the Plain”

Hello Pearl,
I am not sure what your point is. If you are quoting, please put in quotation marks or indent and reference.

Please explain your point.

My point is, If Caesar kills, conquers and enslaves other nations, and then goes out and has social justice programs to help poor Romans, do the Roman slaves and Roman taxpayers, now go to heaven as the sheep in Jesus' parable?

I do not see unbaptized taxpayers as being judged into heaven by Jesus, as the ones who love him through caring for the least of His brothers, simply for being forced to pay their taxes, or forced to work as slaves for a secular ruler; a ruler who may have a secular social justice program.

It is Jesus’ Church that Jesus is talking to in Matthew 25:31. So how is Pope Francis’ ‘Open Borders' policy helping Catholics to dig into their pockets and tithe the one trillion dollars a year, so Pope Francis and 2 billion Catholics can love Jesus through caring for the least of Jesus' brothers, and be judged into heaven by Jesus

Open the borders of Pope Francis and his 2 billion Christian’s, cold, selfish, non-tithing, hearts, and let charitable, tithing giving, flow out to the poor Lazarus’ living across the borders in poor countries.

What do you think Jesus is saying in Matthew 25:31?

metis

So how is Pope Francis’ ‘Open Borders' policy helping Catholics to dig into their pockets and tithe the one trillion dollars a year, so Pope Francis and 2 billion Catholics can love Jesus through caring for the least of Jesus' brothers, and be judged into heaven by Jesus
Again, Pope Francis is really not talking about "open borders" but is talking about having compassion for those in need that should transcend borders. However, I do wish he would clarify his recent statements because it can and has created some confusion.

Also, one should note that Jesus really doesn't mention borders nor implies that they are important. IOW, people are VERY important but lines that form borders are of human construct and are often changed.

pearl

I do not see unbaptized taxpayers as being judged into heaven by Jesus, as the ones who love him through caring for the least of His brothers, simply for being forced to pay their taxes, or forced to work as slaves for a secular ruler; a ruler who may have a secular social justice program.

More in line with Jesus' command to care for the needy is recognizing the need and to put in place the mechanism to reach as many as possible, which in today's world in the USA is the distribution of goods through government assistance through taxes, so I would think that those who vote for those who recognize the need gladly pay their taxes. That does not replace the personal need to help those we can reach. But as far as judging is concerned, 'we are not to judge'.

I am not sure what your point is. If you are quoting, please put in quotation marks or indent and reference.

I thought I did by stating the 'explanatory notes' of the NAB.
Keep in mind the Church has never, ever condemned anyone to Hell.

What do you think Jesus is saying in Matthew 25:31?

The question is how best to respond to a 1st century ideal in the 21st century.

Steven Merten

Keep in mind the Church has never, ever condemned anyone to Hell.

Hello Pearl,

My Bishop says ‘God doesn't care about our sins!’. Yes, I have heard modern day Catholic leaders claim that they do not know of anyone in hell. Even though the Book of Jude tells us Korah is burning in hell. Catholic Anathema uses Judas burning in hell as a warning to Christians against getting themselves auto-anathematized by the Church.

ANATHEMA
...He who dares to despise our decision, let him be stricken with anathema maranatha, i.e. may he be damned at the coming of the Lord, may he have his place with Judas Iscariot, he and his companions.

Jude 1:10​

These people, however, not only revile what they have no knowledge of but are corrupted through the very things they know by instinct, like brute animals. So much the worse for them! They have taken the road Cain took. They have abandoned themselves to Balaam's error for pay, and like Korah they perish in rebellion. These men are blotches on your Christian banquets. They are wild ocean waves, splashing their shameless deeds abroad like foam, or shooting stars for whom the thick gloom of darkness has been reserved forever.

I do believe that a big part of Pope Francis and our 2 billion Christians, committing mass genocide against tens of millions of poor Lazarus' a year, through improper Christian tithing, is due to Catholic Church leaders trying to convince Christ’s flock that Jesus does not care, and will not burn anyone in hell, for committing genocide against tens of millions of poor people a year.

NAB MAT 25​

'Depart from me, you accursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. For I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me no drink, a stranger and you gave me no wellcome, naked and you gave me no clothing, ill and in prison, and you did not care for me.' Then they will answer and say, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or ill or in prison, and not minister to your needs?' He will answer them, 'Amen, I say to you, what you did not do for one of these least ones, you did not do for me.' And these will go off to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life."

Abraham replied, 'My child, remember that you received what was good during your lifetime while Lazarus likewise received what was bad; but now he is comforted here, whereas you are tormented. Moreover, between us and you a great chasm is established to prevent anyone from crossing who might wish to go from our side to yours or from your side to ours.'​

metis

I do believe that a big part of Pope Francis and our 2 billion Christians, committing mass genocide against tens of millions of poor Lazarus' a year, through improper Christian tithing, is due to Catholic Church leaders trying to convince Christ’s flock that Jesus does not care, and will not burn anyone in hell, for committing genocide against tens of millions of poor people a year.
The above is nothing but sheer nonsense, and no modern Pope has spent more time and effort trying to deal with the poor than has Pope Francis.

pearl

ANATHEMA
...He who dares to despise our decision, let him be stricken with anathema maranatha, i.e. may he be damned at the coming of the Lord, may he have his place with Judas Iscariot, he and his companions.

And what one pope has done another has the authority to undo.
"The events of 1965 (culminating on December 7, 1965, with the abolition of the anathemas of 1054 between East and West) represent a confession of the fault contained in the earlier mutual exclusion, so as to purify the memory of the past and generate a new one. The basis of this new memory cannot be other than mutual love or, better, the renewed commitment to live it."
From John Paul II's 'Requests for Forgiveness', The Church and the Faults of the Past'.
In my opinion you really need to move forward with the Church.

pearl

My Bishop says ‘God doesn't care about our sins!’. Yes, I have heard modern day Catholic leaders claim that they do not know of anyone in hell. Even though the Book of Jude tells us Korah is burning in hell. Catholic Anathema uses Judas burning in hell as a warning to Christians against getting themselves auto-anathematized by the Church.

The Church does not save, it is God alone who saves. Any anathematization or excommunication is removed at death.