• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Catholicism vs. Christianity

4consideration

Premium Member

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Catholicism had roots in Christianity, but left those roots long ago......

1 Timothy 4: 1-4
When you post religiously bigoted statements like the above, this makes me ill. It is unfortunate that you can't see through your own hate-filled prejudice.

The RCC teaches that Jesus was the literal "son of God" who needs to be obeyed, so by you claiming they're not really Christian simply means that you do not even have a clue what "Christianity" is about. Do you even have the slightest clue as to how many millions of people have been killed over the centuries because they used your mindset? Ever study any religious history?

If you don't like the RCC, then don't go to one of their churches, but at least they have the common decency to not condemn an entire denomination. After all, they do not any longer teach their congregants to judge your denomination nor you. They take the view that those who believe in and do their best to follow Jesus and God are actually "Christians", even if you don't.

shmogie

From experience, I cannot defend my point here. You're making it into a debate by challenging what I say rather than discussing the topic and learning from each other's points of view (interfaith). I will reply, just switch forums.
Sorry, I didn't see it as a debate, just point, counterpoint. Iam not challenging what you say, I am giving a different perspective

RabbiO

הרב יונה בן זכריה
Friend are you an alien? :confused:
You may never know the answer. You answered a post from 2 years ago that was posted by a member who had just joined and who then, three weeks later, was gone from the forum and hasn't been seen since.

Patrick Miron

Patrick4Jesus
You may never know the answer. You answered a post from 2 years ago that was posted by a member who had just joined and who then, three weeks later, was gone from the forum and hasn't been seen since.

ahhhhhh, BUT this FORUM is Blessed with much Wisdom, and MANY wise posters

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
There are three branches of Christianity: Catholic, Eastern Orthodox, and Protestant. The Catholic branch is way bigger than the other two. The Protestant branch has only been around for some 500 years.

Mukesh Sharma

Foundation of Hinduism
Catholicism is the largest denomination of Christianity. All Catholics are Christians, but not all Christians are Catholics.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Catholicism and Christianity are one and the same. All Christians are Catholics. All Catholics are Christians.
Perhaps you and I have different meanings for the term "Christian".

Orthodox, Coptic, Protestant, UU, etc
There are lots of Christians who don't identify as Catholic.
Even amongst the Catholics, not everyone agrees on who qualifies as Christian.
Tom

RabbiO

הרב יונה בן זכריה
Perhaps you and I have different meanings for the term "Christian".

Orthodox, Coptic, Protestant, UU, etc
There are lots of Christians who don't identify as Catholic.
Even amongst the Catholics, not everyone agrees on who qualifies
No, as there are many that are Protestants, Orthodox, Anglicans, etc. that are not in the Catholic fold.
Just read through this new member's 35 posts and you'll understand where she is coming from.

Mukesh Sharma

Foundation of Hinduism
Christianity is built Uniquely on the Holy Scriptures, the written Word of God. The Bible is our only accurate rule of faith, being sufficient to give us the sure knowledge of the Gospel for our saving and holiness. Roman Catholicism demands submission of the intellect and will to the doctrines taught by the Roman magisterium