• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Catholic

Clara Tea

in recent discussion I noticed

participants here would not know a Catholic if he slapped your face

so......where do YOU draw the line?
Catholics are non-violent...they only approve of wars and hide murderers from the police. Catholics don't approve of child rapists, they merely hide them from the law, convince victims not to file charges, and move child rapist priests to other locations where they are free to rape more little boys. Then, the Catholic church declares bankruptcy in order to hide their huge assets from courts that could compensate their victims. All those graven images of gold, and all that mammon must be protected so the harmed can't get any.

It seems as though Catholics drew this line that you talk about, and they are on the wrong side of it.

exchemist

Veteran Member
recognition

how do you know?

as discussion comes and goes.......what tips you to know?
I'm sorry but unless you can use enough words to make clear what you are saying, I'm going to stop responding.

Are you asking how one can recognise a Catholic? In the street? There is no way to do that, unless you ask them.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Catholics are non-violent...they only approve of wars and hide murderers from the police. Catholics don't approve of child rapists, they merely hide them from the law, convince victims not to file charges, and move child rapist priests to other locations where they are free to rape more little boys. Then, the Catholic church declares bankruptcy in order to hide their huge assets from courts that could compensate their victims. All those graven images of gold, and all that mammon must be protected so the harmed can't get any.

It seems as though Catholics drew this line that you talk about, and they are on the wrong side of it.
well.....this much was not my speech

I was not attempting defamation or accusation

just some notation.....a sure thing
that moment when you are sure you are dealing with a catholic

if as you say.....they hide their sins
how would you know?

Thief

Rogue Theologian
I'm sorry but unless you can use enough words to make clear what you are saying, I'm going to stop responding.

Are you asking how one can recognise a Catholic? In the street? There is no way to do that, unless you ask them.
see previous post

Cooky

Veteran Member

You must have learned this from the heathens, being the blasphemers that they are.

...Send them a message for me. Tell them they'll have plenty of time to blaspheme in hell, where they'll be spending eternity.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
in recent discussion I noticed

participants here would not know a Catholic if he slapped your face

so......where do YOU draw the line?
If I really don't know the person, and if I've not seen that person ever refer to him/herself as being a Catholic, why should I assume they are one?

I guess one could say that if they're baptized Catholic they always will be one, which indeed is Catholic theology, which I do question [amongst some other teachings btw].

Cooky

Veteran Member
If I really don't know the person, and if I've not seen that person ever refer to him/herself as being a Catholic, why should I assume they are one?

I guess one could say that if they're baptized Catholic they always will be one, which indeed is Catholic theology, which I do question [amongst some other teachings btw].

Do you think I should not call myself Catholic, Metis?

Thief

Rogue Theologian
ah yes.....and I was annointed with oil

I was of age and well aware what I was doing

years later I made bid on the priesthood

but nowadays.....I wear a hood of my own
and a ring of my own making

still......more catholic than anything else
can't really drop the label altogether

so maybe it IS for life

Cooky

Veteran Member
ah yes.....and I was annointed with oil

I was of age and well aware what I was doing

years later I made bid on the priesthood

but nowadays.....I wear a hood of my own
and a ring of my own making

still......more catholic than anything else
can't really drop the label altogether

so maybe it IS for life

We're brothers then... Brothers from another mother. :)

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
recognition

how do you know?

as discussion comes and goes.......what tips you to know?

When determining whether one is Catholic or not, I find it helps to ask "What's your religious affiliation?" If they say Catholic, then I have a good hint that they are.... Catholic.

Or, if I am aware that they're Christian, and note the church they attend is a Catholic church, I also make the connection that perhaps they're Catholic.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
why then assume they are not
Because most people label themselves here at RF whereas I don't even have to ask that question.

I was baptized as a Protestant, but when I converted to Catholicism I didn't call myself a "Protestant" as that would be misleading. When I converted to Judaism decades later, I didn't call myself a "Protestant" or a "Catholic" as that would be misleading. When I converted back to Catholicism, I haven't called myself a Protestant nor one who is in Judaism because that would be misleading.

The purpose of language is to communicate, and the minute one uses misleading labels they negate what communication is really all about.