• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Catholic Priest stabbed to death. He used to take care of the ones in need.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
From the article I get the impression he was a good man. That he was killed by a person he sheltered is genuinely sad.

I'm not a catholic anymore but I do hope his faith and kindness are being repayed in some better place.
Thank you for your sympathy.:heartdecoration:

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
This is so heartbreaking for us Catholics and for all Christians .
:(:cry:
Yes, those stories are horrible; the good guys dying soon. Especially dying in such a way. I rather have the scenario where the bad guys die soon (what to do, I am not yet such a Saint having no preferences).

Malgesini was the coordinator of a group to help people....In 2019, he was fined by local police for feeding people living under the portico of a former church.

Bishop Oscar Cantoni will lead a rosary for Malgesini ...He said “we are proud as a bishop and as a Church of a priest who gave his life for Jesus in the ‘least ones.’”
A diocesan statement said “in the face of this tragedy, the Church of Como is clinging to prayer for its priest Fr. Roberto and for the person who struck him to death.”

The local newspaper... quoted Luigi Nessi...“he was a person who lived the Gospel daily, in every moment of the day. An exceptional expression of our community.”

“He devoted his whole life to the least, he was aware of the risks he ran,” Bernasconi said. “The city and the world did not understand his mission.”

Strange he was fined by the police in 2019, doing such good work. Why did the police do this?
Very strange, or did God use the police to give him a warning what was about to happen?
He lived a dangerous life with all risks the article said. So probably "that's part of the job"
Being a Saint becomes almost as dangerous as being a police officer; crazy world

Strange to say "the city and the world did not understand his mission". I thought that was quite obvious...helping the poor...Italy...Vatican City...??

Seems that Malgesini was kind of a Saint

stvdv

I am sure he has already forgiven him.
Maybe, maybe not. We will never know. He did not have much time to forgive him though
But it would not make him look any worse, if he did not forgive him, in my eyes

stvdv

Forgiveness does not require time, after. It is given in advance.
But we can't forgive what we don't know, when we never have experienced. Unless we are a Poorna Avatar = Omniscient

PureX

Veteran Member
But we can't forgive what we don't know, when we never have experienced. Unless we are a Poorna Avatar = Omniscient
Of course we can. There is no reason that we need to know what others might do to us, to forgive them in advance. And a Catholic priest would do that.

stvdv

Of course we can. There is no reason that we need to know what others might do to us, to forgive them in advance. And a Catholic priest would do that.
There is a difference between "thinking/saying you can forgive" and "actually forgiving"

I met a woman who was raped for ca. 10 years on a daily basis in England
After 30 years, she could say that she was able to forgive them

I have the highest respect for this woman
She did not speak from the mind

Last edited: