• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Castration

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
My brother has got an extreme view on pedophiles. He wants them castrated. What do you think of that? It sounds more like personal revenge, retribution than justice in my view. Not that I want to be in a position to defend pedophiles. I do think some of them suffer enough retribution in prison so I've heard.

I would not encourage castration on anyone. Not all people who are pedephiles are child abusers. Child abusers of course break the law and have their consequences. Someone attracted to children does no more than my being attracted to females. Unless its a "straight" attaction, its related to action, lust, and choice. So, no. I would not.

As for castration as a legal punishment for child abusers as opposed to jail, that is extreme. I disagree with punishment-killing and hurting people-but confinement does mental damage too. I disagree with it all.