• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

casting stones

elmarna

While the thought of "casting stones does not seem to be a topic of a positive person[which i am] i wish to bring this topic up for you to consider.
the idea of casting stones was in fact to form your opinions and feelings in a way to express. it captures the world of anger & hurt like no other. While many know of the policy of "stoneing "someone to death. It is a ancient course of action that is found in the pharonic church where to approach god you are to bring to him from the table of life the offerings that you can see him smile upon. these offerings were placed in a basket symbolicly. the basket represents you. In it most brought food as to see those around you fed the good things in life is to see the service supported wisely. For those who had no goodness within them they would say "you have stones in your basket!"
To be casting stones did not just mean hurling them. it was words that hurt or actually doing harm. the pholosophy of the stone is said that if you must throw stones-do not pick them back up & put them in your basket. place the goodness in it and let it be. it is not a bad pholosophy. the heaviness in your heart and in your step removed you are likely to find a better way to be!
While i doubt anyone really thought about the subject matter I am inclined to think that you may not look at it the same way as you did before after reading this.
if someone has any other reference to casting stones that i have not mentioned-I would love to hear it.
For everyone who took the time to read it : THANK YOU!
Do not hesitate to tell me the first thing you think of after reading it. I appreciate the feed back!
MAY YOU WALK THE STRAIGHT PATH WITH NO STONES!