• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Casting out my demon

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
Have been doing some thinking...

For fifteen years I have been a puppet of Satan!

Without knowing, of course

Butterfly has haunted my existence for fifteen years

Butterfly is a being who communicate with me by responding to my inner voice by touching my body

At one point I thought he was God

He was lying!

He made a fool of me

He made a fool of me on numerous occasions - here on these boards

I thought he was my companion and partner

I now believe he is a demon, in Satan’s service

I now renounce him, in the name of God!

I have been trying to cast him out in the name of God and he has shut up quite a lot!

I feel that his hold on me is beginning to recede

I want him out of my life

I have stopped listening to what he says

I grew attached to him but I now want him gone

I quit smoking so I know I have at least some willpower!

I want to be free

I am beginning to feel more in control of my own head

But I'm still going to take my medication as I know I need these to function - so please, nobody be concerned for my welfare

I intend to prove my condition is demonic possession rather than schizophrenia but I know I need my medication and don't deny that I have mental health issues which require the help of healthcare professionals due to the fact that I trashed my mind with drugs as a young man - I opened my mind with drugs, I opened my mind wide open and look what happened!

Brickjectivity

Turned to Stone. Now I stretch daily.
Staff member
Premium Member

Butterfly is a being who communicate with me by responding to my inner voice by touching my body

He was lying!

He made a fool of me

I have been trying to cast him out in the name of God and he has shut up quite a lot!

I want to be free

But I'm still going to take my medication as I know I need these to function - so please, nobody be concerned for my welfare

I intend to prove my condition is demonic possession rather than schizophrenia but I know I need my medication and don't deny that I have mental health issues which require the help of healthcare professionals due to the fact that I trashed my mind with drugs as a young man - I opened my mind with drugs, I opened my mind wide open and look what happened!
Bible scholars who study the culture and time and who learn the original languages should be consulted on the meaning of demon possession.

Do you recall Matthew 8? This is where demons infest someone, and Jesus kicks them out but lets them kill a herd of pigs. Why doesn't he just get rid of them? Its because the story is making a political point. In the times of the NT demons are anything that spreads invisibly or that is passed invisibly, and the writers expect us to know about it. Its our own fault if we do not know it, not God's fault or Jesus fault. Jesus is allowed to use figures of speech and parables all he likes.

So who is this man possessed by demons who hides among the graves cutting himself? Well that is a very interesting question which we should have a thread on some time. People who believe in disembodied demons never seem to care, but its part of the story. We should care.

What about you, Sir Eddie? You have a powerful mind which has been torn by either by childhood experiences or chemical imperfection. Its just like when somebody is born with any unusual change. It happens. Its not the result of a sinful act. Its not something you did wrong.

Sky Rivers

He was lying!

He made a fool of me

I want to be free

I’m happy that you have realized this. Praise God! Your eyes have been opened!

LightofTruth

He was lying!

He made a fool of me

I want to be free

The demon IS the mental illness! There is no differentiating the two.

Do you know what has caused death to enter into the world?

The Scripture very clearly tells us.

: "By one man sin entered the world and death by sin".

Illnesses of every known kind, both physical and mental, are what leads to death and what are the results of Adam's sin which has brought death into the world.

If a person has cancer, or any other disease, it is the result of Adam's sin. If a person has a brain abnormality it is the result of Adam's sin.