• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Caste System and Status of Women in Hinduism

Satsangi

According to the Shashtras, there is a "special concession" to the Women- they can attain Moksha by performing their Dharma alone even if they do not go deeply for any Gyan path.

There is certainly a difference between men and women- it is obvious they are different in anatomy, physiology, psychology, hormonally etc etc. I do not prescribe to the current trend that men = women in all fields; they are different. Precisely due to these differences, their spiritual paths are different and also the social roles are different.

Metempsychosis

Reincarnation of 'Anti-religion'
What??
I have never heard this. Who were the women authors? And where did you get this information?
I got this info from wikipedia.;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rishi

The rishis rose into prominence when Hinduism was in its early flowering, perhaps as far back as four thousand years ago.

It is generally agreed upon that some of the very greatest of the ancient rishis were in fact women.[1] According to the Sarvanukramanika text, there were as many as 20 women among the authors of the Rig Veda. A female rishi is known as a rishika.

Getting your views and sources from wikipedia for Hinduism and India is like asking osama bin laden about his views of the west.

Name one female rishi who contributed to the Rig Veda!

All ten mandalas are attributed to MALE sages.

Get this feminist nonsense out of Hinduism. There were women seers in the days of yore but as far as attributing the veda to them is beyond the limit.

I got this info from wikipedia.;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rishi

The rishis rose into prominence when Hinduism was in its early flowering, perhaps as far back as four thousand years ago.

It is generally agreed upon that some of the very greatest of the ancient rishis were in fact women.[1] According to the Sarvanukramanika text, there were as many as 20 women among the authors of the Rig Veda. A female rishi is known as a rishika.

Hindus converts to other religions to escape caste system.Entire states in North-East India ,like Mizoram are Christians ones.Dalits convert to Islam ,to escape oppression from Hinduism.If u Hinduism is so cool for Dalits,why will they convert to Islam?Just a while ago u said, Christians and muslims cannot understand Hinduism.Thats a foolish generalization.Sorry to be harsh on you.

Don't believe everything you read about India and Hinduism as much of it is written by anti-Indians/anti-Hindus.

"escape the caste system"? Use that material in your skull for once assuming you have something in there.

If a man is starving and his wife and kids are about to die of starvation, a dead-jew on a stick (jesus) worshiping mongrel comes with money and says I will help you harvest the crop or dig a well for irrigation just believe in that droopy corpse on a stick what do you think he'll say?

Most converts, 99.9%, from Hinduism are either enticed through bribery and other favors or are overtly and covertly coerced into conversion, especially by muslims. christian missionaries are the most devious rat ******** in the world and they need to be skinned alive. Thankfully, a few of them have been put in their place already! :D

"dalits" are untouchables who can never understand the depth of Hinduism. That is why they are easy picking for the theiving missionaries and jihadis. Plus, worshiping a dead-jew on a stick or a pedophile murderer is much easier than trying to understand the unified principle of apparent causation of reality that is called "Brahman" in Hinduism for most people, let alone the outcastes.

Very much true.:)

Thanks. ;)

Metempsychosis

Getting your views and sources from wikipedia for Hinduism and India is like asking osama bin laden about his views of the west.
Lets bring on Sankaraacharya then.;)
Name one female rishi who contributed to the Rig Veda!
Her name is Rishika.:D

All ten mandalas are attributed to MALE sages.Get this feminist nonsense out of Hinduism.
We will bring anti-feminism.:rolleyes:

There were women seers in the days of yore
Oh,thats great.

but as far as attributing the veda to them is beyond the limit.
Then Hinduism should be male only.But males need females for procreation.Can they do it all themselves? :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Metempsychosis

Don't believe everything you read about India and Hinduism as much of it is written by anti-Indians/anti-Hindus.
You come to India.We are waiting for you here.:(

"escape the caste system"? Use that material in your skull for once assuming you have something in there.
Send me some material please.I dont have much of stuff.
If a man is starving and his wife and kids are about to die of starvation, a dead-jew on a stick (jesus) worshiping mongrel comes with money and says I will help you harvest the crop or dig a well for irrigation just believe in that droopy corpse on a stick what do you think he'll say?
I like that dead-dude on stick.I would rather go worship that droopy corpse rather than worship a black stone.:)
Most converts, 99.9%, from Hinduism are either enticed through bribery and other favors or are overtly and covertly coerced into conversion, especially by muslims. christian missionaries are the most devious rat ******** in the world and they need to be skinned alive. Thankfully, a few of them have been put in their place already! :D
Your merciful ideas are in sync with charitable organiztion like RSS and VHP.
"dalits" are untouchables who can never understand the depth of Hinduism.
That is why they are easy picking for the theiving missionaries and jihadis.
Thats Sad.:sad4:

Plus, worshiping a dead-jew on a stick or a pedophile murderer is much easier than trying to understand the unified principle of apparent causation of reality that is called "Brahman" in Hinduism for most people, let alone the outcastes.

You are the same as the pedophile murderer or that dead-jew.Tat Tvam Asi.

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend Tat Tvam Asi,

Could you explain what the label *tat tvam asi* means?
And what is *THAT*?

Love & rgds

Satsangi

Tattvamasi has posted his views and however different from the rest, he does have a point- all Hindus have compulsion to believe that Jesus was God -same as Shri Krishna - and Prophet Mohammad was also a "Prophet" just because if they don't say that then other people will feel bad. This "political correctness" have gone beyond limits at times. My personal approach is - I don't really care - I am firmly grounded in my God, my Sanatan Shashtras and my Guru and the rest is beyond my inclination.

Similarly, feminism also runs amok at times. Why do men and women have to be equal?? Men and women ARE different in anatomy, physiology, psyche, hormonally etc etc. In fact, the only thing similar is that both walk on 2 feet and both are ATMAS in the end. Their role in society should be different if they are different. I do not believe any man can nurture a family as well as a woman can do. It is best for the society if men remain men instead of apeing women and women remain women instead of apeing men; this is for their own happiness, success and benefit. Woman trying to ape men is in my opinion suffering from inferiority complex in her womanhood.

Yes, the ideas of Tattvamasi are extreme at times, and I pray that one day he will realize that not all that he thought is correct according to his own Dharma of Hinduism.

Regards,