• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Caroline Flack death

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Caroline Flack ‘couldn’t see a way out’ as she feared career was over | Metro News

The Love Island host, 40, died by suicide on Saturday, 18 days before she was due to face trial after being charged with assault following a row with her boyfriend, Lewis Burton. She had denied the charge. Friends of the presenter claimed to The Mirror that the upcoming court date on 4 March had terrified Caroline. They claimed: ‘She was on her own. She couldn’t take it any more. Her family are devastated.’ Another friend added: ‘Caroline couldn’t bear the thought of going through the court case. She felt her career would never recover from this – and she felt humiliated in front of the world. In the end she just couldn’t see a way out. She didn’t know how to fix herself.’

TV presenter Caroline Flack dies at 40 ... Caroline Flack: TV presenter dies at 40

Flack was charged with assaulting her boyfriend with a lamp after police were called to her home in December. She pleaded not guilty in court later the same month and was released on bail on the condition she did not contact Burton. Her solicitor made an application to have these bail conditions lifted, arguing that they remained a couple and wanted to spend Christmas together. In a statement, her management company criticised the Crown Prosecution Service for pressing ahead with what it called her "show trial", even after her boyfriend said he did not support it. Francis Ridley, of Money Talent Management, said: "In recent months Caroline had been under huge pressure because of an ongoing case and potential trial which has been well reported. The Crown Prosecution Service pursued this when they knew not only how very vulnerable Caroline was but also that the alleged victim did not support the prosecution and had disputed the CPS version of events. The CPS should look at themselves today and how they pursued a show trial that was not only without merit but not in the public interest. And ultimately resulted in significant distress to Caroline."

Seems a bit odd this case, and so very sad that she has taken her life. Few will likely understand the pressures that many face and popular media seem to revel in stirring and muck-raking as much as they can - the latest target appears to be Kelvin Fletcher (last winner of Strictly Come Dancing).

sooda

Veteran Member
Caroline Flack ‘couldn’t see a way out’ as she feared career was over | Metro News

The Love Island host, 40, died by suicide on Saturday, 18 days before she was due to face trial after being charged with assault following a row with her boyfriend, Lewis Burton. She had denied the charge. Friends of the presenter claimed to The Mirror that the upcoming court date on 4 March had terrified Caroline. They claimed: ‘She was on her own. She couldn’t take it any more. Her family are devastated.’ Another friend added: ‘Caroline couldn’t bear the thought of going through the court case. She felt her career would never recover from this – and she felt humiliated in front of the world. In the end she just couldn’t see a way out. She didn’t know how to fix herself.’

TV presenter Caroline Flack dies at 40 ... Caroline Flack: TV presenter dies at 40

Flack was charged with assaulting her boyfriend with a lamp after police were called to her home in December. She pleaded not guilty in court later the same month and was released on bail on the condition she did not contact Burton. Her solicitor made an application to have these bail conditions lifted, arguing that they remained a couple and wanted to spend Christmas together. In a statement, her management company criticised the Crown Prosecution Service for pressing ahead with what it called her "show trial", even after her boyfriend said he did not support it. Francis Ridley, of Money Talent Management, said: "In recent months Caroline had been under huge pressure because of an ongoing case and potential trial which has been well reported. The Crown Prosecution Service pursued this when they knew not only how very vulnerable Caroline was but also that the alleged victim did not support the prosecution and had disputed the CPS version of events. The CPS should look at themselves today and how they pursued a show trial that was not only without merit but not in the public interest. And ultimately resulted in significant distress to Caroline."

Seems a bit odd this case, and so very sad that she has taken her life. Few will likely understand the pressures that many face and popular media seem to revel in stirring and muck-raking as much as they can - the latest target appears to be Kelvin Fletcher (last winner of Strictly Come Dancing).

I never heard of her or her show before ..She sure was pretty. What a shame.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
I never heard of her or her show before ..She sure was pretty. What a shame.

She was very popular and well-liked but suffered from depression apparently, coming almost immediately after her winning Strictly Come Dancing in 2014, although she might have suffered before. Not right I suppose to speculate what precipitated her death but she was told a few hours earlier that the prosecution would go ahead, and the friend who was staying with her popped out for a short time. Might have been media/news pressure or other things. Still very sad for someone so young. I hope her friend feels no guilt.

sooda

Veteran Member
She was very popular and well-liked but suffered from depression apparently, coming almost immediately after her winning Strictly Come Dancing in 2014, although she might have suffered before. Not right I suppose to speculate what precipitated her death but she was told a few hours earlier that the prosecution would go ahead, and the friend who was staying with her popped out for a short time. Might have been media/news pressure or other things. Still very sad for someone so young. I hope her friend feels no guilt.

Its tragic IMO..

pearl

If only suicide were understood as a permanent solution to a temporary problem, and that eventually all thing do pass.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
If only suicide were understood as a permanent solution to a temporary problem, and that eventually all thing do pass.

Quite. And often it's the failure of the imagination to even think that such things (whatever hardships) usually are resolved. Those living in the public eye perhaps are more prone to media influences though. In her case, I doubt she would have gone to prison if found guilty, and it would probably not have affected her career that much. Fisticuffs (or whatever), even if it occurred, is not that uncommon in relationships.