• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Carlson vs Duckworth

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Let's see, we have a decorated veteran who lost her legs fighting for America being called a coward by a self-satisfied TV "personality" who clearly does not understand or care about the meaning of the word "coward" and who every day practices rectal-cranial inversion. That stinking pile of excrement on Fox dares to disparage an American HERO. And that stinking pile of crap Fox leaves him on the air. And he's "highly rated".

That shows the depravity that some have sunk so far that they've embraced destruction and darkness and revile patriotism, honor and true heroes.

Debt of Honor | Tammy Duckworth

joe1776

My stomach felt queasy when I read that Tucker Carlson was on the GOP short list to run for President in 2024.

Mindmaster

Premium Member
Let's see, we have a decorated veteran who lost her legs fighting for America being called a coward by a self-satisfied TV "personality" who clearly does not understand or care about the meaning of the word "coward" and who every day practices rectal-cranial inversion. That stinking pile of excrement on Fox dares to disparage an American HERO. And that stinking pile of crap Fox leaves him on the air. And he's "highly rated".

That shows the depravity that some have sunk so far that they've embraced destruction and darkness and revile patriotism, honor and true heroes.

Debt of Honor | Tammy Duckworth

TBH, I live in her state. Everything she says or does is fake, and I thought that way even when I supported Obama, lol. She constantly has been supportive of policy that worked against veterans or even ignored their pleas in previous positions where she was involved with them. To me, that's enough, just completely void of any responsibility, and worse she pretended it didn't happen. When she became a senator she was mostly involved in acting as a foreign agent for China and taking jobs away from Americans. Anyway, Duckworth is garbage.

That, of course, has nothing to do with my opinion of her military career which seems exemplary. But, if the left can go on and on about "whiteness" all day, I guess legs are fair game, touche.

Time for bad jokes, so...

If Biden is 1/2 in mind, and Duckworth is 1/2 in the body then who is running for vice-vice President so we can fill that other seat? :p

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
TBH, I live in her state. Everything she says or does is fake, and I thought that way even when I supported Obama, lol. She constantly has been supportive of policy that worked against veterans or even ignored their pleas in previous positions where she was involved with them. To me, that's enough, just completely void of any responsibility, and worse she pretended it didn't happen. When she became a senator she was mostly involved in acting as a foreign agent for China and taking jobs away from Americans. Anyway, Duckworth is garbage.

That, of course, has nothing to do with my opinion of her military career which seems exemplary. But, if the left can go on and on about "whiteness" all day, I guess legs are fair game, touche.

If Biden is 1/2 in mind, and Duckworth is 1/2 in the body then who is running for vice-vice President so we can fill that other seat? :p
I'm also from Illinois, and disagree 100 percent with you.

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member

That coming from you, I would take as an endorsement for Duckworth.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
While Carlson made a mistake in regards to his comments on her military career, her term as senator does sometimes makes one wonder where this love for one's country lay.

Lyndon

Premium Member
Republican's love of country does not apply to their fellow citizens, unless they're super wealthy!!

Mindmaster

Premium Member
I'm also from Illinois, and disagree 100 percent with you.

You then don't know her voting record at or anything about her previous positions where vets were complaining about mistreatment and she ignored them.

VA Whistleblowers Accuse Duckworth of Ignoring Veteran Abuse, Corruption

That coming from you, I would take as an endorsement for Duckworth.

Take it how you want. She's a snake. Only other snakes will want to lie with her, lol.

While Carlson made a mistake in regards to his comments on her military career, her term as senator does sometimes makes one wonder where this love for one's country lay.

With everyone else, apparently. I'm pretty sure that if you don't love what George Washington did for us you are unqualified for any political office... Maybe we should write that into law, lol.

Republican's love of country does not apply to their fellow citizens, unless they're super wealthy!!

The super-wealthy are all Dems. End of Argument.

Lyndon

Premium Member
The super wealthy are all Democrats??? Only in the Bizzaro world you seem to live in!!

Eyes to See

I don't have a Facebook account mind you, but this is the type of post I hear about going through people's feeds on there.

So much division and hatred among the people. And all for what?

The left right paradigm is a way to keep the masses bamboozled into fighting among each other and not open their eyes to see the real issues at stake. Two sides to the same coin. It's all in Satan's hand. And he isn't your friend.

Now here me out on this. Scripture gives a clear indication of the type of attitudes and behaviors people would display during the last days and this is among them:

"But know this, that in the last days critical times hard to deal with will be here. For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, haughty, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, disloyal,  having no natural affection, not open to any agreement, slanderers, without self-control, fierce, without love of goodness, betrayers, headstrong, puffed up with pride, lovers of pleasures rather than lovers of God, having an appearance of godliness but proving false to its power."-2 Timothy 3:1-5.

Jesus tells us why this is the case. He said that in the last days the love of the majority of people would grow cold because of the increasing of lawlessness. Why is there such an increasing of lawlessness? Because Satan is a rebel. And he foments rebellion. The spirit of independence, of hatred. they all come from him and he governs this world.

"Because of the increasing of lawlessness, the love of the greater number will grow cold."-Matthew 24:12.

The spirit of Satan and his demon henchmen that controls the world permeates its atmosphere and influences the thoughts and actions of its people:

"In which you at one time walked according to the system of things of this world, according to the ruler of the authority of the air, the spirit that is now at work in the sons of disobedience."-Ephesians 2:2.

Independence, rebellion, boasting, disobedient, without self-control, fierce, and all those other things are now at work among this godless system of things.

The spirit of God unites. Where God's spirit resides there is peace and love and unity. The spirit of the world that is promulgated by Satan is that of divisions and sects. There is no peace and no unity where the spirit of God is absent.

Mindmaster

Premium Member
I don't have a Facebook account mind you, but this is the type of post I hear about going through people's feeds on there.

So much division and hatred among the people. And all for what?

Don't mind @Lyndon, everyone right of AOC is a Trumper by default to him. (Not meaning that in a critical way. He says as much.)

I have no hate for Dems, but I wish them to do the right things. Nothing they are doing or say they want to do has anything to do with making this country a better place or is done out of love. It's vindictive getting even type things or outright theft that I cannot support and never will. They used to not be like that, but it is what it is right now. Nevermind, the constant lying and involvement in riots, pain, and suffering. I'm not letting the Republicans off the hook either as they turned a blind eye as they saw these scenarios as an opportunity political gain. They have been exceedingly weak on protecting the lives of Americans and protecting their right to free speech even though they claim those are some of the most important things. I haven't seen it. I don't believe anything they're both saying... They're both putting American's in danger, so they are both sucking presently EQUALLY.

Anyone that feels differently is simply a drone voter. Don't even try to make the argument, there is none. There is no argument for risking people's lives for political gain. None. Zero. Nadda. Both parties are doing this.

The net of that is that it is very demoralizing, and that's contagious. There is only one solution: Fire Them All.

Re: your last point. Yes, you can have hate in your heart, or you can have love. You can't have both, you can only fool yourself. Cultivating hate is like growing weeds instead of food, with the expected result: No nourishment whatsoever, just misery.

tytlyf

Not Religious
To be fair to Cucker, he doesn't write what he reads off the teleprompter every night. Someone in the back room does. All of them read teleprompters written by someone. And that someone is skilled at what they do (propaganda, emotional trickery)

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
She lost her legs serving her country. What the **** have you done to be so high and mighty to call her out?

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
To be fair to Cucker, he doesn't write what he reads off the teleprompter every night. Someone in the back room does. All of them read teleprompters written by someone. And that someone is skilled at what they do (propaganda, emotional trickery)

He knows exactly what he is doing. He knows that the more offensive and ridiculous he is, the more people are going to talk about him.

Twilight Hue

She lost her legs serving her country. What the **** have you done to be so high and mighty to call her out?
Nobody is critiquing her sacrifice or at least should be. There are plenty of combat veterans on both sides of the aisle and as you know nobody is nor should be immune to criticism directed towards their policy-making and political disposition.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Nobody is critiquing her sacrifice or at least should be. There are plenty of combat veterans on both sides of the aisle and as you know nobody is nor should be immune to criticism directed towards their policy-making and political disposition.
Of course you should be free to criticize her policies and political positions. I remember (about a thousand years ago) when Sarah Huckabee Sanders told a reporter they shouldn’t question General Flynn, because he was a General. That was ridiculous, and it would be just as ridiculous to say you can’t criticize Senator Duckworth.

But Tucker said she hates America. So let me ask you, what do you think motivated her to risk her life like she did? Did she do that because she hates America?

Twilight Hue

Of course you should be free to criticize her policies and political positions. I remember (about a thousand years ago) when Sarah Huckabee Sanders told a reporter they shouldn’t question General Flynn, because he was a General. That was ridiculous, and it would be just as ridiculous to say you can’t criticize Senator Duckworth.

But Tucker said she hates America. So let me ask you, what do you think motivated her to risk her life like she did? Did she do that because she hates America?
Actually I think Tucker was dead wrong and never should have her commitment to the armed forces be ever in question. As any veteran will tell you, it does mean something.

Yet with all that said, I would say whether a person hates or loves his country all depends upon the actual policy they vote on or proposes. She's not all that bad for a Democrat so far from what I can tell. ; 0)

But like any candidate there's always going to be a few question marks and a wait-and-see approach.

tytlyf

Not Religious
He knows exactly what he is doing. He knows that the more offensive and ridiculous he is, the more people are going to talk about him.
But the things Cucker says on TV are written by a producer. It's not Cucker writing the stuff he says on air. All Fox personalities rely on others to prep their scripts and shows.

On Fox, you get paid to read a teleprompter. You get paid to go to "Speech Bootcamp" and learn how to emphasize works, tone, facial expressions, etc.

For instance, watch "The Five" today and notice the whole show is scripted. The conversations back and forth are scripted. Without teleprompters, there wouldn't be a show. Of course the audience thinks everyone is genuine while overlooking their eyes clearly reading something.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member

Why not read the article you quoted:

"Since receiving troubling reports from Ms. Clarno regarding Hines VA, [Duckworth] has doggedly pursued them by helping launch a VA Office of Inspector General (OIG) investigation and a separate review by the U.S. Office of Special Counsel (OSC), the independent federal agency tasked with protecting federal whistleblowers, among several other actions," Duckworth spokesman Ben Garmisa said.

According to a 2014 report, the VA office of the Inspector General conducted an inspection to assess allegations that dealt with cardiovascular care at the Hines VA. The inspection was at the request of Duckworth and Sen. Dick Durbin.