• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Carlos DeLuna found innocent after death penalty!

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Very wise words George. :). I hope I don't mess things up now that I help you feel better in tough times.

Never expect too much out of people, especially me though, because I have my demons, but I do really care about you, and I would never intentionally make things worse for you, annoy, irritate, or offend.:heart:

I have read about Hindu Saints. Gandhi would qualify right?

I don't get upset very often, but there's been a couple times I've been very upset, and you had no way of knowing, and you'd posted something very inspirational directed at me and its made me feel better. Thanks. :)

I try not to expect stuff out of people(unless, of course, we'd made plans; then I expect them to carry them out!) I try to just take them as they are. We all have our issues somewhere.

One could certainly say Gandhi qualified as a saint, in my opinion, but I was thinking of the bhakti saints, like the Alvars and Nayanars. Here's a list of some of them: A COMPLETE LIST OF SAINTS AND TEACHERS OF BHAKTI MOVEMENT

But when I do step out of line, I will listen to correction :), but human beings are complicated, frail, prone to errors, bad inclinations, and malevolent spirits can cause problems too.

Listening to correction is a great strength. :) Many people struggle with this...

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I don't get upset very often, but there's been a couple times I've been very upset, and you had no way of knowing, and you'd posted something very inspirational directed at me and its made me feel better. Thanks. :)

I try not to expect stuff out of people(unless, of course, we'd made plans; then I expect them to carry them out!) I try to just take them as they are. We all have our issues somewhere.

One could certainly say Gandhi qualified as a saint, in my opinion, but I was thinking of the bhakti saints, like the Alvars and Nayanars. Here's a list of some of them: A COMPLETE LIST OF SAINTS AND TEACHERS OF BHAKTI MOVEMENT

Listening to correction is a great strength. :) Many people struggle with this...
Cool, thank you, I will read that link.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Omg George!

Your current avatar is a cat with cake I think!:eek:
I'm just amazed because of the other coincidences you and I have had today.

A man contacted me and wanted to send me a gift, and he had no idea my birthday was in a few days.

Shortly after, a cat comes running up to me from a distance , and I pet it for the longest time on my knees.

I came back home and a resident returned from his outing with his father it looked like, and they talked at length with staff about a cat (I assume was a different one than the one I saw, because that was a ways away from our facility).

I was talking to you about Nafisa Joseph, calling her "Chief Joseph" and she starred as India's Charlie's Angels in a show called CATS, and India thought the show was cursed, because two young supermodels that both played as main characters, hung themselves while young, beautiful , and successful.

You helped me learn Nafisa Joseph is well, in a better place , on her birthday, cakes are eaten on birthdays, she starred in CATS, and your Cat looks like it is eating or ate cake.

I feel like it is another Nafisa Joseph sign, because the cat came charging at me from a long ways away, and I immediately thought it was a sign.

Thank you for your avatar choice!:thumbsup::clapping::babyangel:

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I think I will meet Feral Helen and Helena Farrel hanging out together some day.

Because one helped me feel so much closer to the other. :)

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
I'm just amazed because of the other coincidences you and I have had today.

A man contacted me and wanted to send me a gift, and he had no idea my birthday was in a few days.

Shortly after, a cat comes running up to me from a distance , and I pet it for the longest time on my knees.

I came back home and a resident returned from his outing with his father it looked like, and they talked at length with staff about a cat (I assume was a different one than the one I saw, because that was a ways away from our facility).

I was talking to you about Nafisa Joseph, calling her "Chief Joseph" and she starred as India's Charlie's Angels in a show called CATS, and India thought the show was cursed, because two young supermodels that both played as main characters, hung themselves while young, beautiful , and successful.

You helped me learn Nafisa Joseph is well, in a better place , on her birthday, cakes are eaten on birthdays, she starred in CATS, and your Cat looks like it is eating or ate cake.

I feel like it is another Nafisa Joseph sign, because the cat came charging at me from a long ways away, and I immediately thought it was a sign.

Thank you for your avatar choice!:thumbsup::clapping::babyangel:

The kitties are speaking to you, it seems!

And when cats want to be heard, they don't leave until they've said their bit! (I know, I've only got 10 of 'em.)

Spiderman

Veteran Member
George, those Saints look like very awesome friends to have, very holy, very cool! But why are like 90% of them male?

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
George, those Saints look like very awesome friends to have, very holy, very cool! But why are like 90% of them male?

Huh! I didn't catch that. I was thinking of the one who composed the Vedic hymns to Goddess Durga when it came to my mind(but do you think I can remember her name? No. I told you I"m forgetful.)

I will pull out my magazine either tonight or tomorrow and find her name for you.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I feel women seem more inclined to spirituality and purity of heart, than men in a lot of areas, or so it seems in my experience.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
I feel women seem more inclined to spirituality and purity of heart, than men in a lot of areas, or so it seems in my experience.

I think a lot of women didn't/don't get credit for their spiritual progress in general. I'm not sure why that is.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
My main thought is that among other problems with the death penalty, it doesn't account for the perpetual fallibility of humans and the consequent inevitability of execution of innocent people. No apology can fully compensate for a lost life, but abolishing the death penalty would be a good start.
They claim the death penalty is imposed only after overwhelming evidence of culpability is produced, but this clearly isn't the case. If the prosecutor can generate a good theory of the crime, and make it fit what evidence he has, that's usually sufficient for conviction of any charge.
The bar seems more like plausibility than reasonable doubt, in many cases.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I'm kinda biased though because Jesus, father, masculine Deities were not reaching me, but Mary, Durga, Amaterasu, Inanna, and the Capitol Hill Queens did, (moms are like Dads , but smarter, just my biological mom was out to lunch, but moms usually have gifts Dad's don't have) so I tend to notice things, and not get too thrilled when too much attention is drawn to the Divine masculine, because only Divine femininity reached me, what I was starving for was a good mom, and nobody was preaching it to me.

It came to me in dreams, locutions, and coincidences...