• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cargo Cults

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
google.com
Pah-lease. I did read on it in the past. The most interesting articles are about Cleve Backster and the lie-detector test. But the results were never able to be reproduced.

So I was asking you, honestly. But if you want to do the brush-off-thing... I can take a hint.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
you're not stupid. google plant intelligence, bacteria intelligence.

you didn't need me to tell you the obvious

True, but I am gullible. And I have my own bias to offset. I'm being completely honest; someone told me the story of Cleve Backster and I believed it and repeated it. When I found out that the research could not be reproduced, I was quite embarrassed. So, I'm a little hesitant on researching this specific topic without guidance. Because, I'm not stupid; but, I want Plants to have consciousness. It confirms my own beliefs. And that makes me easy to fool ( pun intended :) )

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
True, but I am gullible. And I have my own bias to offset. I'm being completely honest; someone told me the story of Cleve Backster and I believed it and repeated it. When I found out that the research could not be reproduced, I was quite embarrassed. So, I'm a little hesitant on researching this specific topic without guidance. Because, I'm not stupid; but, I want Plants to have consciousness. It confirms my own beliefs. And that makes me easy to fool ( pun intended :) )

it's okay to make a mistake and look stupid. better to take a chance and fall but you can get back up. you never needed me. you always had the power. you were born with it.

it would even be advantageous at times to appear stupid. observe how they respond to your inanity. are they still respectful? or are they demeaning?

see their nature, and use that information. they will either draw you in or cast you out.

i say to you WATCH, be on GUARD, because it will come like a thief in the night

cast your heart upon the waters and after many days it will return to you. love is a fools game.

Last edited:

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
plants have consciousness. plants do not have brains. bacteria have consciousness. they don't have brains. it's irrefutable.
I'm skeptical. How is it irrefutable? One doesn't need consciousness to react to stimuli.
How did you come to this conclusion?

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
But the plant's and microbes aren't "intelligent" in the usual sense. They aren't weighing options and making conscious choices, their behaviors are not intentional.

My car can analyze it's environment, its exhaust gasses, sense obstacles, adjust fuel-air ratios and valve timing to temperature, altitude and foot pressure, adjust wheel torque to slip, &c.
My car is not conscious. It's functions aren't intentional.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
But the plant's and microbes aren't "intelligent" in the usual sense. They aren't weighing options and making conscious choices, their behaviors are not intentional.

My car can analyze it's environment, its exhaust gasses, sense obstacles, adjust fuel-air ratios and valve timing to temperature, altitude and foot pressure, adjust wheel torque to slip, &c.
My car is not conscious. It's functions aren't intentional.

Plant Talk

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
This doesn't further your claim. All this is common knowledge. Of course plants communicate and react. But there's no indication of consciousness. It's all automatic.

In forests it goes even further, with plants monitoring each other through the mycelial internet, sharing resources according to need, helping each other, protecting each other, exhibiting altruism. So what? Machines can do this.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
This doesn't further your claim. All this is common knowledge. Of course plants communicate and react. But there's no indication of consciousness. It's all automatic.

In forests it goes even further, with plants monitoring each other through the mycelial internet, sharing resources according to need, helping each other, protecting each other, exhibiting altruism. So what? Machines can do this.

the definition of consciousness doesn't require the thing to be conscious of things beyond it's limits, its sensory perception. it isn't required to meet all definitions of consciousness.

it meets the criteria.