• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Care to share your spiritual experiences?

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
Would you like to share your spiritual experiences with us instead of keeping them secret?

Trying to be Jewish, I just remember a sense of awe about God.
As a Raelian, I had telepathic communication like every minute and could feel chills throughout my body.
Now I'm back to being in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I feel the Holy Ghost enough, very strongly when I went to the temple though it's off and on and was even off and on in the temple.

InChrist

Free4ever
Would you like to share your spiritual experiences with us instead of keeping them secret?

As a Raelian, I had telepathic communication like every minute and could feel chills throughout my body.
Now I'm back to being in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I feel the Holy Ghost enough, very strongly when I went to the temple though it's off and on and was even off and on in the temple.
I do not think belief or faith in God is about feelings or experiences. Religion maybe, but not the Living God. Feelings and emotions come and go. I don’t believe they are in any way reliable in determining truth.

I think faith must be based on the truth of Who God is and His word.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

I posted a sporadic of spiritual experiences, thoughts, etc through the years being on RF. I learned spirituality from former religions, grief, learning more about my passion, and lately jogging and roller skating. If spiritual experiences is supposed to embedded your entire being, it affects your past, present, and future. It's your feelings, emotions, experiences. It's your values, beliefs, and it's your rules, and laws. So, that's pretty much a books worth.

I learned that we die. Grandmother and aunt passing pretty much let me know "this is it." Another just seeing dead birds off and on in the middle of a seven mile walk. The "life" just gone out of a living being. Gone. Dead. I guess that's a spiritual experience in itself. Acceptance of morality.

Other things like almost getting hit by cars makes you think twice of not taking things for granted. "Oh. Last time was fine, but this time....." Doesn't quite work that way.

The pandemic is testing what I can and can't handle emotionally. I run and see people wearing masks and literally "going into the street with cars" to avoid me. Nowadays, I'm literally telling people to stay on the sidewalk and I'll walk in the grass around a tree. It makes you put humanity in perspective and how we react to things.

The mystical stuff like seeing the light, feeling auras, and being awakened through meditation, born again, or however put, I haven't experienced those before. I do see a lot of emphasis put on spiritual experiences if there is such a thing. A lot of people say that when you get to X or convert to Y you'll never go back to your former self. Some sort of transformation.

But I do wish it wasn't all secret. I'm sure strangers opinions can't depreciate the intent.

Last edited:

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
I had an awakening experience on a psych ward.

Here is a little poem I wrote about it -

One Man's Heaven

I write this little poem as I sit
I'm in Acacia ward until I split
Surrounded by the maddest folk
It is the sweetest, most ironic joke

I'm actually living in another world
Where dreams and magic are unfurled
The people in here have no greed or hate
They all have learned the way to wait

Waiting for the coming of the sun
Knowing they are truly all one