• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cardinal Joseph Zen, 90, arrested in Hong Kong

pearl

It seems Bejing is attempting to still the dissident voices in Hong Kong. I should come as no surprise. Through her work my daughter has a counterpart in Hong Kong and has often stated how insecure things are. Who and why was responsible for agreeing that Hong Kong would revert to China in 100 Years?

Charges against him are said to be related to the 612 Fund and allegedly colluding with foreign powers.

The 612 Humanitarian Relief Fund was established on June 15, 2019, and, according to its website, “aims to provide humanitarian and relevant financial support to persons who are injured, arrested, attacked, or threatened with violence” during pro-democracy protests. The website states that the fund “primarily provide legal, medical, psychological and emergency financial assistance.”

Beijing’s ire has also been raised by the cardinal’s ongoing critique of the Vatican’s controversial 2018 deal with China regarding the appointment of bishops, an attempt to end a fractious relationship that stretched back to the time of dictator Mao Zedong. Cardinal Zen said he was concerned the deal would “kill” the unofficial or underground church in China, whose leaders refuse to register with the state-run Chinese Catholic Patriotic Association.

danieldemol

Premium Member
It seems Bejing is attempting to still the dissident voices in Hong Kong. I should come as no surprise. Through her work my daughter has a counterpart in Hong Kong and has often stated how insecure things are. Who and why was responsible for agreeing that Hong Kong would revert to China in 100 Years?

Charges against him are said to be related to the 612 Fund and allegedly colluding with foreign powers.

The 612 Humanitarian Relief Fund was established on June 15, 2019, and, according to its website, “aims to provide humanitarian and relevant financial support to persons who are injured, arrested, attacked, or threatened with violence” during pro-democracy protests. The website states that the fund “primarily provide legal, medical, psychological and emergency financial assistance.”

Beijing’s ire has also been raised by the cardinal’s ongoing critique of the Vatican’s controversial 2018 deal with China regarding the appointment of bishops, an attempt to end a fractious relationship that stretched back to the time of dictator Mao Zedong. Cardinal Zen said he was concerned the deal would “kill” the unofficial or underground church in China, whose leaders refuse to register with the state-run Chinese Catholic Patriotic Association.
Why is part of the post struck through?