• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cardi B the female version of Bill Cosby? Yea yeah..No no...mutha****a!

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

Jumi

On Wednesday (March 27), a man reposted one person's recounting of allegedly being robbed by Cardi B, with the statement alluding to sexual assault. Now, the man who uploaded the now-viral post, has come forward to set the record straight, admitting that the whole allegation was a "joke."

A user listed as Ak Ore Akim, who claims to have wrote the original post on Facebook, responded to a comment on the post, during which he reveals that his claims are actually false.
Defamation lawsuit incoming?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I never heard of her either.

This is sad.. Nobody wants this kind of role model for young girls in their community. People just never know when to shut up.

I'll bet all the girls are going to be clamoring to be just like her, now that she's getting all this media attention.

Jumi

Even I've heard of her and I'm not that into modern rap music and live across the ocean.

She already has a huge following and media attention before this scandal. Three singles topping US billboards in two years is not light-weight for media attention...

Cardi B - Wikipedia

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Cardi B is a hoodrat and former gangbanger. A lot of those rappers have rough pasts involving being in gangs, robbing people, shooting people, dealing drugs, pimping, etc. I'm not sure why this was supposed to be surprising or shocking. Most of them have done sketchy things so it seems petty to single her out. I don't see them giving up their idols like Tupac, who raped a woman.

I like what she said here, in the last link:
"Her response to the backlash does raise an interesting point, especially in regard to what behavior hip hop glorifies in men and appears to condemn in women.

"I'm a part of hip hop culture where you can talk about where you came from, talk about the wrong things you had to do to get where you are," Cardi explained. "There are rappers that glorify murder, violence, drugs [and] robbing. Crimes they feel they had to do to survive."

Cardi B has since shared that she will one day be writing a book to detail her past experiences, both the good and the bad, in full."

She certainly doesn't seem to be glorifying it. At least she admitted it

Last edited:

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Even I've heard of her and I'm not that into modern rap music and live across the ocean.

She already has a huge following and media attention before this scandal. Three singles topping US billboards in two years is not light-weight for media attention...

Cardi B - Wikipedia
Yeah, she's super famous and all over pop culture. She's in Pepsi commercials, even. Some people just like acting smug by asking "who?" about certain famous people, as if they're above plebian entertainment, but it's really saying that they live under a rock and are very uninformed about their own culture.

Jumi

"I'm a part of hip hop culture where you can talk about where you came from, talk about the wrong things you had to do to get where you are," Cardi explained. "There are rappers that glorify murder, violence, drugs [and] robbing. Crimes they feel they had to do to survive."

Cardi B has since shared that she will one day be writing a book to detail her past experiences, both the good and the bad, in full."

She certainly doesn't seem to be glorifying it. At least she admitted it
If we look at the good sides, the way to healing is honesty and I think she can help many others see that no matter where they are now the future might be better.

I think what you said about rough pasts of rap musicians, the same holds true for many, even religious leaders. I don't think she should get any worse response than they do.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
If we look at the good sides, the way to healing is honesty and I think she can help many others see that no matter where they are now the future might be better.

I think what you said about rough pasts of rap musicians, the same holds true for many, even religious leaders. I don't think she should get any worse response than they do.
Exactly. I wonder if the people upset about it actually watched the video. Nowhere is she saying that's a good thing or gloating. She's just talking about the desperate stuff she felt she had to to survive. It doesn't excuse it but I'm not sure she was trying to.