• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Carbon Removal, real fight with carbon pollutio

exchemist

Veteran Member
Solar and wind does not add up.

It is all about the storage or lack of storage.

Nuclear gets an unjustifiably bad press.

It adds up fine, for a proportion of the generating mix. In the UK today renewables account for over 25% of electricity generation. But you are quite right that there is a limit to it, for exactly the reasons you give.

This can be overcome to some extent by better batteries, pumped storage hydro and so on, but I think there will always be a limit of some sort which will prevent any economy relying 100% on renewables. I agree that nuclear, in spite of its poor economics, seems to be something we will need for a while longer if we are serious about getting climate change under control.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Prove??? This i gotta see

Here are a few of the 97%

Dr. Andrew Weaver
Dr. Lonnie Thompson
Dr. Linda Mortsch
Dr. Greg Bodeker
Dr. Martin Beniston
Dr. Terje Bernsten
You want addresses and phone numbers

The World Health Organisation
The United Nations
Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change
The World Meteorological Association
You want more?

So lets let a few of your 3%

I think you misunderstood my question. Quote one of these scientists saying the earth is actually dying due to some type of climatic catastrophe; and please cite their data (this is more for your peace of mind than mine).

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Me - but not really - I don't for a moment think that "the earth" is dying - the earth is too smart to be destroyed by the stupidity of a single species - but if we don't somehow curb our rampant and profligate consumerism, "the earth" will chew us up and spit us out and then carry on without us. The real problem, I reckon, is nothing to do with science, its to do with politics - the only genuine way to address the problem of anthropogenic damage to the environment (in general, not just carbon emissions) is for us to learn to consume less, if we all consume less, the economies of nations shrink (aka 'recession') and nobody is going to vote for a government that wilfully pushes its country into recession. Even now, the entire focus of the effort to address climate change is a business - its a question of how do we make money out of fixing this...it just ain't gonna work.

No you can't - you might be able to name some who say it's not, but you can't name one that can prove it any more than I can name one that can prove it is...either way, appeals to authority are meaningless arguments.

Fair enough. But I can cite those that can and have refuted the nonsense gained from flawed models, innuendo, and media hysteria.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I think you misunderstood my question. Quote one of these scientists saying the earth is actually dying due to some type of climatic catastrophe; and please cite their data (this is more for your peace of mind than mine).

I think you misrepresent my answer. But it sure enough got you stumped

And so have to move the goalposts

Oh, not my benefit, i am not the one suckered on stupid believes despite the evidence