• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Captain Picard Wine

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
'Star Trek' Warps Into the Wine Frontier with Château Picard

Well, a good plug for Star Trek, at least.

Calling all wine-loving Trekkies, Wines That Rock has released a special line of vintage, perfectly themed "Star Trek" wines that are sure to taste better than synthehol.

The collection includes wines inspired by the "Star Trek" universe and features a cabernet sauvignon and merlot blend from Bordeaux, France, inspired by "Star Trek: The Next Generation" Capt. Jean-Luc Picard, played by Patrick Stewart. Picard's family vineyard is located in the La Barre region of France, according to Trek canon.

But while Picard's family is fictionally rooted in La Barre, there is a real-life vineyard in Bordeaux, France, which goes by the name Château Picard. Interestingly, this vineyard has no relation to the fictional captain and existed long before "Star Trek" ever aired.

The United Federation of Planets wine is bottled in distinctly Trek packaging, with a uniquely squared-off bottle that features the "Star Trek" delta and the United Federation of Planets insignia. Wines that Rock has made both wines available online, and they will also be featured this week at "Star Trek" Las Vegas.

No word on whether they're going to package Andorian Ale, Saurian Brandy, or Klingon Bloodwine.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
CookFiction - Klingon Bloodwine
  1. Fill your glass with ice cubes as desired.
  2. Add the dashes of tabasco and grenadine.
  3. Add the rum and tequila, then top off the drink with cranberry juice until full.
  4. Using a Boston shaker, shake twice (pointing away from any innocent bystanders).
  5. Qapla'! Enjoy your Klingon bloodwine.

Darkforbid

Would you buy bloodwine?

Popular animal-derived fining agents used in the production of wine include blood and bone marrow, casein (milk protein), chitin (fiber from crustacean shells), egg albumen (derived from egg whites), fish oil, gelatin (protein from boiling animal parts), and isinglass (gelatin from fish bladder membranes).

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Chateau Picard has been around for a while, it git its classification in 1932

Château Picard | Mähler-Besse

That must have been due to a quantum fissure in the space-time continuum. Captain Picard was thrown back in time to early 20th century France. Since he was unable to return to his own time, he made the best of it and opened up a winery, calling it Chateau Picard.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
That must have been due to a quantum fissure in the space-time continuum. Captain Picard was thrown back in time to early 20th century France. Since he was unable to return to his own time, he made the best of it and opened up a winery, calling it Chateau Picard.

Many years ago i met him. What a presence he projects, i felt like a bewildered school girl in the presence of the master. Maybe that aura of wow is a side effect of time travel

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Many years ago i met him. What a presence he projects, i felt like a bewildered school girl in the presence of the master. Maybe that aura of wow is a side effect of time travel

I hope you didn't mention anything about his experience with the Borg. I've heard that's kind of a sore subject with him.