• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Capitalism and Christianity

Muffled

Jesus in me
You're regurgitating propaganda.

You're already poor. You believe that what you inhabit and interact with, is yours. But, unfortunately there is God. And, God is God. What you believe is not even yours.

In this propagation of faulty logic, the 2ND temple belonged to Rome. John the Baptist's head belonged to Herod. The Natives' land belonged to the conquistadors. Etc.

To capitalize irrespective of God's ownership is capitalism. The capitalist believes that what is theirs individually, is even hidden from God.

Laughable.

I believe that means that you don't believe what God says when He says thou shalt not steal. If no-one owns anything there isn't any stealing.

Muffled

Jesus in me
It doesn't mean that everyone has to be "poor" (however one defines it), but that everyone shares things equally. Just like in a family, where siblings have to share with each other. I've often heard some Christians say that we're all part of "God's family" and "children of God," so wouldn't that imply that we're all brothers and sisters and should take care of each other?

At least in theory, Communism advocates something similar, although they took a more militaristic approach and called each other "comrade." But that still implied "brothers in arms," which put them into the same vicarious "family unit."

So at least in theory, both Communism and Christianity share this basic principle, that all of humanity is equal in the eyes of God and that we're all part of God's family and are obligated to share with each other and take care of each other on that basis.

I believe that is exactly how it works. A wealthy man has a million dollars and there are a million needy people each getting a dollar and everyone ends up with a measly dollar.

I don't believe this is God's intention. Some people are born into an area rich in harvest and others are born into a desert. There is nothing equal about that.

Sleeppy

Fatalist. Christian. Pacifist.
I believe that means that you don't believe what God says when He says thou shalt not steal. If no-one owns anything there isn't any stealing.

Moses speaking on God's behalf.. But,

If God owns the earth, everything in it, and the world, as well as everyone in it-

What happens when someone assumes ownership?

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member

If God owns the earth, everything in it, and the world, as well as everyone in it-

that would make for a good thread.

Muffled

Jesus in me

I believe since God approves of ownership then He is aware that said ownership is an illusion due to the transitory nature of life.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
At all the real estate closings I've ever been party too,
not once has the title company ever found God's name
in the chain of title.

interesting aside, most animals don't recognize a homo sapiens name on any title either. the birds still build their nests where they will, the others still trespass without regard, and others squat without permission.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
interesting aside, most animals don't recognize a homo sapiens name on any title either. the birds still build their nests where they will, the others still trespass without regard, and others squat without permission.
But critters don't claim legal ownership.
They live on my property only with my assent.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
But critters don't claim legal ownership.
They live on my property only with my assent.
we all live by someone's assent; otherwise it's murder.

native americans didn't believe that you could own the land. it's a human belief to think you can, or can't.

try killing a bald eagle, or most raptors on the property you claim as yours. watch what happens.

ironic

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
we all live by someone's assent; otherwise it's murder.

native americans didn't believe that you could own the land. it's a human belief to think you can, or can't.

try killing a bald eagle, or most raptors on the property you claim as yours. watch what happens.

ironic
Alas, native Americastanians didn't have recognized title to
our land that they lived on....rent free for thousands of years.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
they say, and I don't know who "they" are, that great minds think alike.
giphy-downsized-large.gif