• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can't put life in the dead

Kemosloby

Premium Member
Science can't put life in the dead, Only God can do that. Jesus was the pattern and showed God has the power to do it, and promised to do it for us. Mankind came close in Young Frankenstein, with a little help from technology. So in a way science can help create the illusion of power, but all in all, you'd better pray.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Science can't put life in the dead, Only God can do that. Jesus was the pattern and showed God has the power to do it, and promised to do it for us. Mankind came close in Young Frankenstein, with a little help from technology. So in a way science can help create the illusion of power, but all in all, you'd better pray.

Why does science get so much attention as a threat to god?

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Please cite some sources for 'God putting life in the dead', Kemosloby.

As hospital RN who's participated in quite a few resuscitations, I'm familiar with modern medicine's capability of 'putting life in the dead'.
Where is the evidence of these Jesus and God persons? Are there YouTube videos of these magical resuscitations?

Kemosloby

Premium Member

Why is God such a threat to science? They can't explain God and the whole basis of science is proving things with human understanding, so it's inherent that those two just don't get along. Scriptures says God cannot be discerned by human wisdom, we and science just can't understand him.

Kemosloby

Premium Member
Please cite some sources for 'God putting life in the dead', Kemosloby.

As hospital RN who's participated in quite a few resuscitations, I'm familiar with modern medicine's capability of 'putting life in the dead'.
Where is the evidence of these Jesus and God persons? Are there YouTube videos of these magical resuscitations?

No you just catch them before they're completely gone, Go down to the morgue and bring someone back who's been dead for a few days. And get it on youtube.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
God is not a threat to science. Science pretty much ignores God. It's science that's a threat to religion.
Science keeps finding natural, explainable, reproducible explanations to things religion has traditionally used as theological evidence.
Very annoying.

"God" is just not within the purview of science. Science, as a research methodology, cannot deal with the supernatural. Science can only deal with the tangible; the testable.

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
Many reasons, among which I see: an attitude of scientism popularized by big pharmacuticals, plastic and fertilizer markets that dominated advertising in the Twentieth Century, that even today promote unrealistic expectations that the legacy of science is nothing less than truth; an attitude of realism, which bends truth into unreasonable expectations about the world, hence what science could, or even should, attempt to accomplish; and a tendency in the faithful to take their stories a bit too literally, building the expectation that science could, at some point, 'prove' otherwise.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Edit. I said why is science a threat to god, not why god is a threat to science. Science does nothing on its own. Its what saved me from life and deah seizures, its what let my grandmother literally rest in peace, its what helps me live on a day to day basis without being hospitalized, its what helps children with cancer, its....

Evolution and all that are Theories not facts. How can your god be threatened by theories? That sounds like a personal problem.

Why is God such a threat to science? They can't explain God and the whole basis of science is proving things with human understanding, so it's inherent that those two just don't get along. Scriptures says God cannot be discerned by human wisdom, we and science just can't understand him.

That is saying we are not allowed to ponder about the world god created. From a god perspective, science is the study of god's creation. Its trying to understand "in our language" how he world works. The bible doesnt explain the full nature ofgod's creation. It also doesnt put down man as man is god's creation.

Basically, thats saying "god created man but prevents him fron understanding the world around him."

Why do you put yourself at such a low level when learning about god's creation? (Man isnt an isolated term. You are talking about people on RF, yourself, and me).

Does god want you to be dumb to creation?

Last edited:

Kemosloby

Premium Member
That is saying we are not allowed to ponder about the world god created. From a god perspective, science is the study of god's creation. Its trying to understand "in our language" how he world works. The bible doesnt explain the full nature ofgod's creation. It also doesnt put down man as man is god's creation.

Basically, thats saying "god created man but prevents him fron understanding the world around him."

Why do you put yourself at such a low level when learning about god's creation? (Man isnt an isolated term. You are talking about people on RF, yourself, and me).

Does god want you to be dumb to creation?
You're assuming studying the creation teaches you about the creator. I'm not sure it does unless God was like the animals or humans or trees etc. But God is greater than all those things, so he gave us a book to study, with very little information about the creation itself, with the focus on understanding God and his plans for us..

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't believe scientists have fully mapped out the complex intricacies to make a brain work when it's been damaged by too much oxygen deprivation. Yet. I don't believe there's any mechanical reason they couldn't figure it out eventually. But I certainly don't believe the current status quo makes a god any more rational or reasonable. Since I don't believe gods exist, I obviously don't believe gods are capable of it outside stories and mythology.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
I agree that 'life' is something science does not understand at all. Science sees things as only material.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
You're assuming studying the creation teaches you about the creator. I'm not sure it does unless God was like the animals or humans or trees etc. But God is greater than all those things, so he gave us a book to study, with very little information about the creation itself, with the focus on understanding God and his plans for us..

Hmm. You kind of got me there. Im a pantheist so if I used the term god, everything and one would be god. But beliefs are so engrained in us we dont think of how they can influence interpretations of other beliefs especially when the same word, god, is used.

Id think logically going by the bible that science is the study of god's creation. The only way I see science as a threat to god is if People placed it above god. Of itself, it is just tests and theories. It took years before they found the right meds for me and even more since the 70s to find epilepsy isnt demonic possession. They are still testing for a cure.

Unless people make science and idol, it does nothing. Maybe god is a threat to science (if one likes to put blame) but it would t make biblical sense for science to be a threat to god. Especially as you said he is above creation

The two are not a threat of each other and it doesnt make sense if it were until someone makes science an idol.

Reminds me of people who putbdown the christian faith but they really mean christians who have gave them bad experiences. Then misinterpreting their experiences as if they are the bible teachings.

It has nothing to do with science and god. Just people make such a big deal that I wonder if christians have other things to do then make their scripture against people that their god is supposed to love.

Last edited:

Kemosloby

Premium Member
Hmm. You kind of got me there. Im a pantheist so if I used the term god, everything and one would be god. But beliefs are so engrained in us we dont think of how they can influence interpretations of other beliefs especially when the same word, god, is used.

Id think logically going by the bible that science is the study of god's creation. The only way I see science as a threat to god is if People placed it above god. Of itself, it is just tests and theories. It took years before they found the right meds for me and even more since the 70s to find epilepsy isnt demonic possession. They are still testing for a cure.

Unless people make science and idol, it does nothing. Maybe god is a threat to science (if one likes to put blame) but it would t make biblical sense for science to be a threat to god. Especially as you said he is above creation

The nothing of the two in threat of each other doesnt make sense until someone makes science an idol.

Reminds me of people who putbdown the christian faith but they really mean christians who have gave them bad experiences. Then misinterpreting their experiences as if they are the bible teachings.

It has nothing to do with science and god. Just people make such a big deal that I wonder if christians have other things to do then make their scripture against people that their god is supposed to love.

The nothing of the two in threat of each other doesnt make sense until someone makes science an idol.

Well there are things man can do, and God gave man the ability to do a lot of things but reserved one thing for himself, putting life in a man. It's not a new arguement. Here is a song from Blind Willie Johnson from the 1950's called the soul of a man.

Won't somebody tell me, answer if you can!
Want somebody tell me, what is the soul of a man
I'm going to ask the question, answer if you can

If anybody here can tell me, what is the soul of a man?
I've traveled in different countries, I've traveled foreign lands
I've found nobody to tell me, what is the soul of a man

I saw a crowd stand talking, I came up right on time
Were hearing the doctor and the lawyer, say a man ain't nothing but his mind
I read the bible often, I tries to read it right

As far as I can understand, a man is more than his mind
When Christ stood in the temple, the people stood amazed
Was showing the doctors and the lawyers, how to raise a body from the grave

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Well there are things man can do, and God gave man the ability to do a lot of things but reserved one thing for himself, putting life in a man. It's not a new arguement. Here is a song from Blind Willie Johnson from the 1950's called the soul of a man.

Won't somebody tell me, answer if you can!
Want somebody tell me, what is the soul of a man
I'm going to ask the question, answer if you can

If anybody here can tell me, what is the soul of a man?
I've traveled in different countries, I've traveled foreign lands
I've found nobody to tell me, what is the soul of a man

I saw a crowd stand talking, I came up right on time
Were hearing the doctor and the lawyer, say a man ain't nothing but his mind
I read the bible often, I tries to read it right

As far as I can understand, a man is more than his mind
When Christ stood in the temple, the people stood amazed
Was showing the doctors and the lawyers, how to raise a body from the grave

Thats a nice song. I still dont see how science is a threat to god. Is there a specific example that "we" are doing that undermines the creation god let us define? (Thinking of adam and eve naming the animals; that aside)

Kemosloby

Premium Member
Not really a threat but they are at odds. Science says evolution over millions of years, God says creation in 6 days. Either requires faith to believe since who of us can say. Only one can be true, which means a person has to choose what they have more faith in. People who might lie for money, control or to make people work longer hours for less pay or God who has no reason to lie. God has nothing to gain from us, and people can't put life in the dead. Choose wisely because God says "those who believe in me will not perish, but have eternal life"