• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can't One Just be Dharmic? :(

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
I am aware that the only thing the Abrahamic religions have done is to fight with each (continuing until today) and leave in their own (me superior than thou) silos of positive reinforcements. But that is not the case for Dharmic religions surely? We have had our loud disagreements with some degree of (metaphorical and literal) stone pelting, but nothing compared to what Islam, Christianity and Judaism has done to each other. Shouldn't our DIR forums reflect this porosity by allowing all Dharmic people to comment in each others forums (no debating of course) and shouldn't the general dharmic DIR be more active than it is. What do you think?

Just a thought.....
I agree with your sentiment because it is based on what I clearly see as reality - that the branches of Dharmic "religions" are actually - historically - like one brother and sister.

I am a Hindu. But I also regularly attend Jain temples. I also go to Sikh Gurdwaras. And Buddhist temples. And Vedic temples and centers, some Guru based centers, those which are more "philosophical" and do not focus into Gods, and so on.

Now I can see that a Sikh is more distant to me, yet I love them. Sikh also has a mix of some non-Dharmic elements. But still, they have something as well that is familiar to me as a Hindu.

I see Jains as direct family, many Buddhists as well.

The terms we use today, such as Hindu, were not used long ago.

We can be different AND Dharmis all as well.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I am aware that the only thing the Abrahamic religions have done is to fight with each (continuing until today) and leave in their own (me superior than thou) silos of positive reinforcements. But that is not the case for Dharmic religions surely? We have had our loud disagreements with some degree of (metaphorical and literal) stone pelting, but nothing compared to what Islam, Christianity and Judaism has done to each other. Shouldn't our DIR forums reflect this porosity by allowing all Dharmic people to comment in each others forums (no debating of course) and shouldn't the general dharmic DIR be more active than it is. What do you think?

Just a thought.....

Never. I hate playing pretend. "0)