• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can't Figure Out Who The Author Is...

Stellify

StarChild
So, I just found this poem, and I like it, but I can't figure out who the actual author is because different sites have conflicting information. Does anyone here know for sure who it is? From what I can tell, it's either "The Call" by Thomas Osbert Mordaunt, or "Answer" by Sir Walter Scott.

Sound, sound the clarion, fill the fife!
To all the sensual world proclaim,
One crowded hour of glorious life
Is worth an age without a name.

Thanks! :D

Stellify

StarChild
Woot!
It looks like a respectable enough site that they can be trusted, ya?
Thanks 3.14!
:dan: :foryou:

Stellify

StarChild
*Sigh*....
..and this is why I started this thread....
Who to trust? :sarcastic

Now I want some flowers as well:p

You can't just come strutting in here and demand flowers! :eek:

...fine...If I must...
:hugkiss::foryou:

Happy? :p

Stellify

StarChild
Good. Abuse of power might lead you to be some horrible, flower-collecting tyrant! :eek: :cover:

As for the sites...this is why this poem makes me want to :banghead3

*sigh*... :(

BucephalusBB

ABACABB
Walter Scott does indeed use this verse as an epigraph to chapter 34 of Old Mortality, but he took it from a poem by the otherwise-forgotten Thomas Osbert Mordaunt (1730-1809), published in The Bee, or Literary Weekly Intelligencer, 12th October 1791.

O man, I am so going to win this race...

Stellify

StarChild
Haha If you can obtain quotes from those sources and prove which one came first, I'll frubal you like crazy :p :D

Stellify

StarChild
And on a totally separate note...
What is your title from? I know it's the name of a horse, but why did you choose it?

BucephalusBB

ABACABB
And on a totally separate note...
What is your title from? I know it's the name of a horse, but why did you choose it?

My complete Username is actually BucephalusBB. (where the BB stands for Bouncing Ball)

So... Bucephalus Bouncing Ball..
It's an aphex twin song. And a username only I use, so never troubles with doublers! :D

This is the song

Stellify

StarChild
Well, here are the "old mortality books" :
http://www.gutenberg.org/files/6941/6941.txt
So, I didn't see it in that chapter, but I'm also so tired I can barely see straight. I'll take your word on it. Frubals will be coming your way momentarily :D

My complete Username is actually BucephalusBB. (where the BB stands for Bouncing Ball)

So... Bucephalus Bouncing Ball..
It's an aphex twin song. And a username only I use, so never troubles with doublers! :D

This is the song
Oh! Gotcha :D That's pretty nifty. I'm rather enjoying the song right now, too :D
I used to have some aphex twin on my iPod, but I think it got deleted :(
Cool username, all in all.

Stellify

StarChild
Damn!
Apparently, I've already reached max fruballing capacity over the last 24 hours...I'll do it after class today. That should be long enough that I can start fruballing again...remind me. :sorry1::cover: