• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cannabis in Anointing oil for all Christians

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
Ok I am unsure how many you are aware of this, yet in 1980 the Hebrew university officially announced that the anointing oil in the Bible should contain cannabis. This is Cleary visible even in the Strongs concordance where the words are Kaneh Bosem.

Now when this is made as instructed in the Bible, then it makes a wonder cure for many illnesses.
This is also the true meaning of what a Christian must be, as Christ is an anointed one, Christians are supposed to be anointed little ones.

Now we are told in Mark, how the Disciples where using this to heal.
Mar 6:13
(13) And they cast out many devils, and anointed with oil many that were sick, and healed them.
Cannabis is known to heal or help with leprosy, MS, Asthma…and quite a substantial list.
Now given that in James, we are told if we have an illness go get anointed by clergy, this explains allot, if the same oil is a medicine.

Christ included that we could anointed our self, so making Christians.
Mat 6:17
(17) But thou, when thou fastest, anoint thine head, and wash thy face;

so all this being said, are Christians willing to stand up for what the Bible says (God will send a cure) and they believe in and go against Government and legal rubbish to defend Christ?

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
What do you mean by "annoint?" I think of annointing as a mostly symbolic gesture, using a minute smear of oil.
How is such a tiny, topical dose of oil, medicated or not, going to have any systemic pharmalogic effect? Perhaps if one smeared it over his entire body every six hours enough active compound might be absorbed to have some effect.

If you're going to use cannibis medicinally wouldn't it be easier, cheaper and less messy to use an oral, rectal or inhalation route?

PHOTOTAKER

Olive oil what is understood by the bible as what was anointed is used for everything form cooking, oil lamps, cleaning (very good for skin), aslo it was used to adminaster herbs and medicains to people. in a religus sience the Olive oil is very simbolic it is repraseinitive of the atonement. remember there is a gift of healing and the power of healing... the apsoles more than likly used both to heal, the power of healing can only be adminastered to the full power and will of God after all that can be done... i have experinced the practical use of both if one faileth (namly the herbs) the other will not unless ther person is appointed unto death then in will be stated... i hope this isn't too random...

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I, too, think "olive" anytime oil is mentioned in an ancient text. It was cheap and ubiquitous.

wizanda

Premium Member
Exo 30:23-25
(23) Take thou also unto thee principal spices, of pure myrrh five hundred shekels, and of sweet cinnamon half so much, even two hundred and fifty shekels, and of sweet (bosem) calamus (kaneh) two hundred and fifty shekels,
(24) And of cassia five hundred shekels, after the shekel of the sanctuary, and of oil olive an hin:
(25) And thou shalt make it an oil of holy ointment, an ointment compound after the art of the apothecary: it shall be an holy anointing oil.
As for this being if Christ touched it, is only a part of what is being said, the whole Bible is written by people on it, else you couldn’t be a prophet, or a Christ/King.

Also all ingredients in this are active medicines, yet including Cannabis is fat soluble and causes it to bond as a compound; So making it heal as we saw Christ and his disciples doing.

astarath

it seems you are focuse on healing the body. The body holds nothing and the spirit can be healed by faith, hope love alone. A discussion about taking in pot to heal the body and release people of sins, is both ridiculous and blasphemous

A

angellous_evangellous

Another benefit for being a Christian!

We've been trying to convert Cheech and Chong for a long time - maybe now they'll cross over?

wizanda

Premium Member
Mat 6:17
(17) But thou, when thou fastest, anoint thine head, and wash thy face;

I feel it is more Christ (=all kings and prophets) have been trying to convert…you see the whole bible and most religious books globally, are written by people on Cannabis…so saying it is causing schizophrenia etc denies God speaking to the prophets and implies them mad.
THC Ministries have made this oil as meant and have had successful results of healing people with it.
Cannabis is now classed as Vitamin M which is also contained in chocolate and banana etc and is Anandamide, which is the source of life in the body being produced by the centre of the brain and the sexual organs.

Psa 2:2-4
(2) The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD, and against his anointed, saying,
(3) Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us.
(4) He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision.

Psa 45:7
(7) Thou lovest righteousness, and hatest wickedness: therefore God, thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

Psa 20:6
(6) Now know I that the LORD saveth his anointed; he will hear him from his holy heaven with the saving strength of his right hand.

So that would imply all Christians which means anointed ones, so before you speak question whom do you follow, as taking the route you do, you stand against the word.

Jam 5:14
(14) Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:

Mar 6:13
(13) And they cast out many devils, and anointed with oil many that were sick, and healed them.

So that is quite clear, the anointing oil is what the disciples were healing with, the following Church stated it is there to heal, so I would presume Christ showed them this.

Jer 33:6
(6) Behold, I will bring it health and cure, and I will cure them, and will reveal unto them the abundance of peace and truth.

Anyways your choice deny prophets, deny Harvard university, deny Nottingham medical university…..and biggest deny God?
Find you funny :D

James the Persian

Dreptcredincios Crestin
Seyorni said:
I, too, think "olive" anytime oil is mentioned in an ancient text. It was cheap and ubiquitous.

Well the base for Orthodox annointing oil (miron) is olive oil, I believe, but that's certainly not the only thing in it. I'm not sure what the other ingredients are but I do know there are a lot of other things in it, and it has a distinctive smell. I'll see what I can find out about what's in it and the history of it, but it might take a while.

All Orthodox are annointed with it in multiple places (forehead, hands, feet, eyes, mouth etc. when they are Chrismated immediately after baptism and we are not allowed to wash it off - it must be left to dry). It's also used for annointing the sick. In addition, in the Romanian church - but I believe only in ours - we have the custom of being annointed on the forehead with a cross of oil at the end of every Liturgy when we go up to receive the blessing of the priest. That's my favourite local tradition of any Orthodox church by far and makes me glad to be Romanian, rather than some other flavour of, Orthodox.

James

wizanda

Premium Member
Exo 30:23-25
(23) Take thou also unto thee principal spices, of pure myrrh five hundred shekels, and of sweet cinnamon half so much, even two hundred and fifty shekels, and of sweet calamus(=Kaneh Bosem =Cannabis) two hundred and fifty shekels,
(24) And of cassia five hundred shekels, after the shekel of the sanctuary, and of oil olive an hin:
(25) And thou shalt make it an oil of holy ointment, an ointment compound after the art of the apothecary: it shall be an holy anointing oil.

All of them ingredients have healing properties, Cannabis or THC is fat soluble so causing it to bond.

James the Persian

Dreptcredincios Crestin
OK, I've had a look at what is in miron (that's Romanian, by the way, it's also spelled myron by some and called chrism by others) and I'm afraid that whilst I can see that it's made during Holy Week by the Patriarch (or equivalent) and distributed to all the parishes and that it's base is indeed olive oil combined with various other ingredients, I can't find a list of them. Every single source I've come across, however, whilst it may not list what the ingredients are confirms that it is patterned after the prescription given to Moses in Exodus 30:22-33. Whether that means there's cannabis in or not, I couldn't really say. It may be so.

James

wizanda

Premium Member
You can use a Strong’s Concordance and the words are present in it, as Kaneh Bosem. still looking for the official press release online, of when the Hebrew university confirmed it.
Yet if you get many Bible translations and look at the words in question, we have sweet cane, sweet reed, sweet calamus etc and many more….So basically someone is mucking us all about; as clearly the words are not translated the same from one Bible to the next.
In other words the meaning may have been known by some of the translators, yet they choose to withheld this from us all…. when it is known cure in the world, as science is now having to prove for us, 2000 years to late….
It is known to effect leprosy and possibly it maybe a cure, in which case the hiding of such a thing as this, would have caused millions of deaths for no reason.
Isn’t it about time Christianity followed its own book, as in the Bible is clearly by anointed ones, As are 95% of our religion world wide.
Considering it helps us to weigh up alternatives in our minds and be still more in spirit, plus to look in more comparison of what is right and wrong…plant of good and evil springs to mind…..also did find somewhere how someone had gone into details of how the 12 fruits of cannabis, have many uses as well as healing the nations.

A

angellous_evangellous

So basically someone is mucking us all about;

It's exceptionally difficult to know what a 2000+ year old ingredient is. The ancients did not have a scientific classificiation of plants like we have today, with species painstakingly categorized to precise definitions. Therefore, the tranlators have to choose from a variety of possibilities.

wizanda

Premium Member
Then why or how did the Hebrew University confirmed it?

Canna = region that grew Cannabis
Bosem = Sweet smelling

Yeh agree, we didn’t have Latin back then classifying everything….much easier today :D

CaptainXeroid

Following Christ
angellous_evangellous said:
It's exceptionally difficult to know what a 2000+ year old ingredient is. The ancients did not have a scientific classificiation of plants like we have today, with species painstakingly categorized to precise definitions. Therefore, the tranlators have to choose from a variety of possibilities.
Great point! Other than a belief by some that it might be possible, I just don't see the evidence to support it.

A

angellous_evangellous

wizanda said:
Then why or how did the Hebrew University confirmed it?

Canna = region that grew Cannabis
Bosem = Sweet smelling

No, I don't think that they confirmed it etemologically like that. They would simply have to somehow demonstrate that cannabis was known in early times and referred to by the term in question... or, at least, say that it is not ruled out as a possibility.

It truly takes a lot of work to review every time a word is used in a language and determine how it is being used in one specific context.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Seyorni said:
What do you mean by "annoint?" I think of annointing as a mostly symbolic gesture, using a minute smear of oil.
How is such a tiny, topical dose of oil, medicated or not, going to have any systemic pharmalogic effect? Perhaps if one smeared it over his entire body every six hours enough active compound might be absorbed to have some effect.

If you're going to use cannibis medicinally wouldn't it be easier, cheaper and less messy to use an oral, rectal or inhalation route?

Seyorni, thanks for the giggle.:)