• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Canadian tribunal fines $55,000 for expressing Christian views on “transgenderism”

We Never Know

No Slack
Fighting? Children aren't dumb, and why would you lie to them? What really are you protecting them from?

We're talking about farms, where such sights are pretty common and regular.

With your children did you play the santa, easter bunny and tooth fairy gane? Why lie to them? Kids aren't stupid.

But back on point. If two animals are having sex, young children don't know until they are told what's going on. The phrase "they are fighting" worked well when they were young.

We Never Know

No Slack
Fighting? Children aren't dumb, and why would you lie to them? What really are you protecting them from?

We're talking about farms, where such sights are pretty common and regular.

Why avoid my question? Let me ask again.

Let's go a step further. Do you have kids and did they ever walk in on you and your spouse? Did you let them watch or did you make up a story and divert them?

We Never Know

No Slack
Because it's irrelevant, and I wouldn't go into detail but I wouldn't lie in that situation. Love is nothing to be embarrassed or ashamed of.

Then am I to assume you would let your kids watch you and your spouse and you would tell them this is what love looks like?
Sex is sex! Period.

We Never Know

No Slack
I wouldn't.
That's cool. You told your children there is no santa, no easter bunny, no tooth fairy.
Who brought them Christmas gifts, Easter eggs, money for their teeth. I mean everyone they were in elementary with thought is was santa, the easter bunny and the tooth fairy. Yours thought what?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Then am I to assume you would let your kids watch you and your spouse and you would tell them this is what love looks like?
Why would you assume that? We can control our own behaviors. A couple of horny cows or horses, not necessarily so much.
Who brought them Christmas gifts, Easter eggs, money for their teeth. I mean everyone they were in elementary with thought is was santa, the easter bunny and the tooth fairy. Yours thought what?
No money for teeth; the same person that gives them birthday gifts. With very few exceptions, I'm not fond of how eagerly, willingly, and easily we lie to children.

We Never Know

No Slack
Why would you assume that? We can control our own behaviors. A couple of horny cows or horses, not necessarily so much.

No money for teeth; the same person that gives them birthday gifts. With very few exceptions, I'm not fond of how eagerly, willingly, and easily we lie to children.

And when my kids were young I could control what they watched and tell them a white lie as I diverted their attention.

Who brought your kids birthday gifts? The parents? No santa, no easter bunny, no tooth fairy? Dang. Even most atheist don't deny their yound kids those things.
Did your kids ever come home and ask "our classmates in 1st grade have santa, the easter bunny and the tooth fairy visit them, why don't they come see us?

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Did your kids ever come home and ask "our classmates in 1st grade have santa, the easter bunny and the tooth fairy visit them, why don't they come see us?
I don't have kids, and I would tell them there is no Santa and the parents of their classmates are telling them stories and insisting they are real.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
No kids. I figured that. When you have kids come back. It's not as easily done as spoken.
I don't want kids (and I find it a foolish arrogance for people to assume I will have kids), and I was extensively involved with raising 9 nieces and nephews. I didn't push them out of me, but I was at doctor's appoints, school events, lost countless nights of sleep, helping with homework, helping with dinner, even coaching some of their sports teams. I don't want kids because by the time people usually start having their own I was needing a break from them, and didn't get one for awhile. And then I started working with kids.
None for me though.

We Never Know

No Slack
I don't want kids (and I find it a foolish arrogance for people to assume I will have kids), and I was extensively involved with raising 9 nieces and nephews. I didn't push them out of me, but I was at doctor's appoints, school events, lost countless nights of sleep, helping with homework, helping with dinner, even coaching some of their sports teams. I don't want kids because by the time people usually start having their own I was needing a break from them, and didn't get one for awhile. And then I started working with kids.
None for me though.

I stopped reading at the first sentence. It's not foolish or arrogant for anyone to think you have kids if they don't know you and you speak of things pertaining to kids. However I find it foolish and arrogant for you to speak of how to raise kids when you have none.
Let's agree to disagree. Good day.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
It's not foolish or arrogant for anyone to think you have kids if they don't know you and you speak of things pertaining to kids.
It's arrogance when people say things like "when you have them" or "you'll want them one day" or "when you meet the right person." Specifically, you said it immediately after I said I don't want kids. It's also arrogance to assume someone who hasn't had their own cannot have any experience or knowledge in child rearing.

Shad

Veteran Member
It's also arrogance to assume someone who hasn't had their own cannot have any experience or knowledge in child rearing.

Top of my head. Uncles, Aunts and older siblings in dysfunctional families. Those 3 being people that would have knowledge and experience due to circumstances outside their own reproduction choices.

We Never Know

No Slack
Top of my head. Uncles, Aunts and older siblings in dysfunctional families. Those 3 being people that would have knowledge and experience due to circumstances outside their own reproduction choices.

It's not the same as being a parent. I'm also a grandparent which is different than being a parent.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
That's my situation. My older sister is a terrible parent, my brother was constantly at work, and I spent a lot of time helping to raise their kids (I'm also usually the only one in open communication with everyone in the family, whereas at least two people aren't talking to each other).

We Never Know

No Slack
That's my situation.

I've have 4 kids, 2 grandchildren, 56 nephews, neices, great nephews and great nieces(not counting their spouses). I should be a pro lol.

At 58, I'm second youngest with 8 other siblings. I have nephews and nieces in their late 40's, one over 50. They have kids and their kids have kids.

Last edited: