• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Canadian tribunal fines $55,000 for expressing Christian views on “transgenderism”

We Never Know

No Slack
I'm curious about that. Growing up around farms, it's pretty much impossible to shelter kids from that. Dogs, cows, horses, sheep, goats, it's a part of life, they are making babies, and really the only way you'll shelter your kids from it there is to make them blind and deaf (cows are NOT quiet).

Not really. You can send them off on other chores. It's not hard .

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
And that's your opinion. If I say I don't like cake or steak, am I comparing cake to steak? Or am I just stating what I don't like.
It's not "my opinion" it's basic rhetoric. But whatever. I'll leave you to your reconstruction of the English language and try discussion with people who understand what their own words mean.

We Never Know

No Slack
It's not "my opinion" it's basic rhetoric. But whatever. I'll leave you to your reconstruction of the English language and try discussion with people who understand what their own words mean.

Before you run, step up and answer my question.

"If I say I don't like cake or steak, am I comparing cake to steak? Or am I just stating what I don't like?"

So far all I see out of you is you don't agree with what I don't like and that's ok. But when you attack what I don't like, that's not ok.

Liu

Before you run, step up and answer my question.

"If I say I don't like cake or steak, am I comparing cake to steak? Or am I just stating what I don't like?"

So far all I see out of you is you don't agree with what I don't like and that's ok. But when you attack what I don't like, that's not ok.
If you were in a thread about steak and you left that comment there then yes you would imply that there is some similarity between cake and steak beyond you not liking either. E.g. that you don't like steak because you consider it as unhealthy as cake.

We Never Know

No Slack
Have you ever been on a farm? Are you going to permanently confine your children to the house?
Have I ever been on a farm? Lol
Grew up on one and now own one(horses, cows, etc.)
While my children were young it was my job to protect them. Still do now to a point but they are grown and now they can make choices their self. Your point?

We Never Know

No Slack
If you were in a thread about steak and you left that comment there then yes you would imply that there is some similarity between cake and steak beyond you not liking either. E.g. that you don't like steak because you consider it as unhealthy as cake.

Sure thing. As it happens I like both cake and steak. You can't beat a good steak but I can do without cake. The point went right past you. That's ok. Maybe next time.

Sky Rivers

Not really. The mammary glands are removed, but such is done to preserve life, which pretty much excludes it from fitting the definition of mutilation. To not do so would more be mutilation as to not have the cancer removed is to cause permanent, irreparable, and fatal damage to the body. A fox may tear it's leg off to escape a trap, but is the preservation of life really mutilation? Damage cannot be escaped either way, and it's a situation of taking a lesser damage to prevent a greater damage.
Interesting, I was just going by the dictionary definition of "mutilation".

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Have I ever been on a farm? Lol
Grew up on one and now own one(horses, cows, etc.)
While my children were young it was my job to protect them. Still do now to a point but they are grown and now they can make choices their self. Your point?
So, then, you feel the need to "protect" children from what? The fact animals have sex to reproduce?
I'm also curious how you accomplished it, because it impossible where I grew up.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Interesting, I was just going by the dictionary definition of "mutilation".
I suspect most people do, and they fail to realize how complicated things get when you go strictly by the dictionary definition. Few see pierced earlobes, especially on women, as mutilation, but strictly by the dictionary it would be despite it being an overall harmless procedure because it does leave holes in the ears that scar if they close. We also don't think of heart surgeries as mutilation, despite the fact there will be scars from the cuts made.

Sky Rivers

I suspect most people do, and they fail to realize how complicated things get when you go strictly by the dictionary definition. Few see pierced earlobes, especially on women, as mutilation, but strictly by the dictionary it would be despite it being an overall harmless procedure because it does leave holes in the ears that scar if they close. We also don't think of heart surgeries as mutilation, despite the fact there will be scars from the cuts made.
Piercings, yes. Are you familiar with gauges?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Piercings, yes. Are you familiar with gauges?
Yup. And even then people don't realize gauging your ears doesn't have to mean going to a 0, but even stretching from an 18 to 14 is still gauging them, even though a 14 really isn't considered large.