• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Canadian Imam Says Apostasy Is a Capital Crime

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I believe one may test the facts available and judge by appearances but things are not always what they appear to be.
Alas, such is always true.
And add to that the fact that all observations are theory laden.
Still, the scientific method (or methods, as Legionoompaloompa would correct me) has its usefulness.
I have a lot more confidence in a God who has seen it all and knows it all.
Tis not for me to challenge your confidence.
This is about differences between religion & science.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
I haven’t read it all but this should be sufficient.

Apostasy in Islam

Again,please read the text of the nexten verse of the Quran referenced by the site with the context:
Quran [4:90]
[4:89] What has happened to you that you are divided into two parties regarding the hypocrites? And Allah has overthrown them because of what they earned. Desire ye to guide him whom Allah has caused to perish? And for him whom Allah causes to perish thou shalt not find a way.
[4:90] They wish that you should disbelieve as they have disbelieved, so that you may become all alike. Take not, therefore, friends from among them, until they emigrate in the way of Allah. And if they turn away, then seize them and kill them wherever you find them; and take no friend nor helper from among them;
[4:91] Except those who are connected with a people between whom and you there is a pact, or those who come to you, while their hearts shrink from fighting you or fighting their own people. And if Allah had so pleased, He would have given them power over you, then they would have surely fought you. So, if they keep aloof from you and fight you not, and make you an offer of peace, then remember that Allah has allowed you no way of aggression against them.

These verses discuss altogether a different situation in the war with the Meccans, and does not discuss such persons who has declared leaving Islam.
So, it is incorrect to quote it for apostasy. Please
Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
I haven’t read it all but this should be sufficient.

Apostasy in Islam
As I pointed it out giving two examples,it is just wrong understanding of the verses , Quran gives no punishment in this world to a person who is dissatisfied with Islam and wants to leave Islam. The punishment, if any, will be in the hereafter. Please
Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Canadian Imam Says Apostasy Is a Capital Crime

Chapter (4) sūrat l-nisāa (The Women):

Sahih International: Indeed, those who have believed then disbelieved, then believed, then disbelieved, and then increased in disbelief - never will Allah forgive them, nor will He guide them to a way.
The Quranic Arabic Corpus - Translation

If there has been any punishment for apostasy that must have been mentioned in the above verse. How could one had become a Muslim again, if he had been killed when first ime he left Islam.
There is no physical punishment for apostasy in Quran in this world.

Regards

Notanumber

A Free Man
This is a Canadian Muslim preacher clearly saying that apostasy is punishable by death in Islam:

When are more people, especially the more die-hard apologists for Islam on the left, going to acknowledge that people like this imam are far from being a tiny, fringe minority among some significant Muslim communities and that something needs to be done—not necessarily with respect to immigration laws but at least with respect to the way discourse about Islam is handled?

This is not an imam suffering from poverty in a third-world country saying this; he's in Canada, enjoying liberal freedoms in a first-world country. The idea that such hateful beliefs necessarily stem from poverty or life in countries with poor education crumbles in the face of things like this imam's statements.

One of the things that I find most disturbing about the popularity of this belief in some Muslim communities is that I don't hear nearly as much said about it from the left as I hear about Trump, Milo Yiannopoulos, etc. Take the very worst thing Trump has said and ask yourself this: is saying that people who leave Islam should be killed much or any better than said belief? This is basically like saying that people who, say, denounce Republican views should be put to death. How would that go over if a Republican came right out and said it?

Worse yet, when people like Ayaan Hirsi Ali, Sam Harris, etc., do speak about things like these and criticize them, someone on the left always dismisses them as "Islamophobic." I've posted on the forum before about the SPLC's classification of Ayaan Hirsi and Maajid Nawaz as "anti-Muslim extremists."

This whole situation is beyond unfortunate. I'm not sure what could be done about it at this point. Trump and the right wing certainly don't have the answer with their current hyperbole about "terrorist threats" and banning immigration from certain countries, but the left doesn't seem to have the answer either, at least not at this juncture.

Terrorists are indeed an extremely small minority among Muslim communities. People with fundamentally dangerous, harmful beliefs like this imam aren't, however, as the polls I linked indicate, and it seems to me that either their existence will be used to scapegoat moderate Muslims (such as by banning their immigration to the U.S.) or it will be slighted and brushed aside by apologists until the problem festers due to the lack of clear, realistic debate about such beliefs.

At least he is being honest. This is why free speech should not be restricted. How else would we know what they are thinking?