• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Canadian Imam Says Apostasy Is a Capital Crime

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
How insensitive of me. Just to be clear. You are a good guy for a space alien.....that didn't help did it..
Actually, he's the worst example of an alien....slovenly, crapulent, sybaritic, & given to wearing fashions out of season.

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
.....given to making exaggerated claims of intimate prowess, a weakness
for fancy French tarts (both kinds), & has a 6th toe one each hand.
This is fantastic. It is like you are writing my resume that I have been putting off for weeks.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
Like within all religions, there's a variability of beliefs and practices, therefore it's not only possible to differentiate those within any religion, it's necessary, imo. But we have to be careful with our labeling.

For example, we hear and read a lot about "Islamic terrorist" in the media here in the States, but yet we almost never hear or read "Christian terrorist" [or more specifically words like "Baptist terrorist" or "Catholic terrorist" or...]. Are there such people with them that could be labeled as such? Of course. So since there is, then why doesn't the media here use these words?

Please read the OP again. This is not about terrorism. "Terrorism" is a red-herring. This is about the values of the rank and file Muslims.

Kemosloby

Premium Member
History repeats itself, and in many ways Islam seems to mimic Judaism. So they're bound to make some of the same mistakes.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Just imagine what would happen if Milo said something half as crazy as that Imam said.
Don't shoot the messenger! Why are people condemning this man for just stating a fact?

Did you really listen to what the Imam said? He didn't advocate death for apostacy. He merely reported that in an Islamic state this is the penalty. I assume there's some scripture somewhere this is based on.

Notanumber

A Free Man
Don't shoot the messenger! Why are people condemning this man for just stating a fact?

Did you really listen to what the Imam said? He didn't advocate death for apostacy. He merely reported that in an Islamic state this is the penalty. I assume there's some scripture somewhere this is based on.

I knew he was quoting a fact, but that does not make what he said less crazy.

buddhist

messenger.jpg