• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Canadian election is on.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
I assume that if a 15 year old Nazi Soldier with his K-98 rifle killed a Canadian soldier, be would be forgiven based on your criteria.
FYI: if you want people to know who you're speaking to, quote the post you're replying to when you reply.

A soldier in one army killing a soldier of an opposing army in the course of a war isn't generally considered a crime even if the soldier doing the killing was an adult. There have to be extenuating circumstances present before it's considered a war crime.

... which is another bizarre bit about the Khadr story: I still don't see how what he did was a crime at all.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
In Canada? C'mon, don't shatter my illusions!
Is there anything that matters less than Canuckistanian elections?
It's like being concerned about which Kardashian is getting lip enhancements.
As long as the maple syrup continues flowing south, we're good.

wandering peacefully

Which way to the woods?
No Doubt. I think it's pathetic that they even start thinking of the next election right after the first election was just won!

You think they would start doing their jobs but nope. On the campaign Trail again for the next cycle........
One would think or even imagine people should do their job correctly. Not even close. There is no such thing as honesty in following the written laws nor being forthcoming about what actually goes on in the world of politics and government leadership. Ethics no longer matter if they ever did which I believe they were better than now. But maybe I've always just been fooled.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
That sounds like like our elections in the USA. I thought Canadians were more polite and less divisive. At least your campaign cycle is shorter than ours and is not continuous like ours is.

They still do all the crappy stuff, they just say 'Sorry' afterwards...

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
So it looks like we got a Liberal minority.

I think this is a good result, more or less what I was hoping for. I hope this government is able to stand for a while.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
So it looks like we got a Liberal minority.

I think this is a good result, more or less what I was hoping for. I hope this government is able to stand for a while.
It's not really in anyone's best interest to have another one right away. There are two options to form temporary alliances to get bills passed, so I think it'll last at least 3 years, maybe a full 4 years.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
It's not really in anyone's best interest to have another one right away. There are two options to form temporary alliances to get bills passed, so I think it'll last at least 3 years, maybe a full 4 years.
I hope so, but I am not as optimistic as you. I don’t think we will be going back to the polls right away, but we should consider ourselves lucky if it lasts two years, or even a year and a half.