• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Canadian election is on.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Gosh I hope it isn't all hate, death threats, attack ads, and unwanted phone calls.

Most likely my hopes will be futile.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Gosh I hope it isn't all hate, death threats, attack ads, and unwanted phone calls.

You Canucks....... You're just like us when it comes to politics except you do it much better.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member

That sounds like like our elections in the USA. I thought Canadians were more polite and less divisive. At least your campaign cycle is shorter than ours and is not continuous like ours is.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
That sounds like like our elections in the USA. I thought Canadians were more polite and less divisive. At least your campaign cycle is shorter than ours and is not continuous like ours is.
Sadly, it used to be much more polite. But being nasty seems to get votes. (Not mine) It did fail miserably once.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
At least Steve Harper left a nice oil painting when he left prior to Trudeau. *Grin*
I didn't notice. You know more about Canadian political details than I do. It's always kind of more fun to watch the other country, because not being part of it, that detachment, makes it more enjoyable to watch.

Where I am, it's Texas North.

Twilight Hue

I didn't notice. You know more about Canadian political details than I do. It's always kind of more fun to watch the other country, because not being part of it, that detachment, makes it more enjoyable to watch.

Where I am, it's Texas North.
Oh that explains it a bit.

In my last job , the majority of my work day was spent up in Canada. Specifically the GTA, as well as Whitby, Kitchener, Milton, Cambridge, Burlington, Hamilton, and Mississauga.

Canada was like a second home to me.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Oh that explains it a bit.

In my last job , the majority of my work day was spent up in Canada. Specifically the GTA, as well as Whitby, Kitchener, Milton, Cambridge, Burlington, Hamilton, and Mississauga.

Canada was like a second home to me.

Out here the majority hates the GTA. (even though many have never been there) I love the place personally. So much culture, so much ethnicity, and and on a personal note, so many Tamil temples.

wandering peacefully

Which way to the woods?

At least it only lasts a couple months instead of 2 years like here! I was fortunate to be in BC during one of your elections. It was so much more sane than our election process.

Bob Jones

Prove It!
Gosh I hope it isn't all hate, death threats, attack ads, and unwanted phone call
Canada is surely in need of a new government. Among many of the Liberal Fascist decisions the current government has made, absolutely nothing compares to the payment of millions of dollars to an admitted Islamic terrorist who admitted that he killed an American Army officer with a hand grenade. And he is still allowed to live in Canada!

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Canada is surely in need of a new government. Among many of the Liberal Fascist decisions the current government has made, absolutely nothing compares to the payment of millions of dollars to an admitted Islamic terrorist who admitted that he killed an American Army officer with a hand grenade.
Child soldier. The term you're looking for is child soldier. He was 15 when he was captured by the Americans.

In any case, blame Harper and the Americans for the payout to Khadr. Even terrorists have certain rights, and the US and the Harper government conspired to infringe on those rights. Khadr was going to be entitled to some sort of payout; would you have preferred that he get even more money from an award at trial?

And he is still allowed to live in Canada!
That's right. He was born in Canada, so he's a Canadian citizen. That's how citizenship works.

Bob Jones

Prove It!
The UK has been stripping citizenship of family members and fighters for terrorist groups somewhat routinely now. They were born in the UK.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
The UK has been stripping citizenship of family members and fighters for terrorist groups somewhat routinely now. They were born in the UK.
That's the UK, not Canada, and as someone who places great value on citizenship and what it means, I'm glad that the Canadian government isn't as cavalier with it.

Twilight Hue

At least it only lasts a couple months instead of 2 years like here! I was fortunate to be in BC during one of your elections. It was so much more sane than our election process.
No Doubt. I think it's pathetic that they even start thinking of the next election right after the first election was just won!

You think they would start doing their jobs but nope. On the campaign Trail again for the next cycle........

Bob Jones

Prove It!
I assume that if a 15 year old Nazi Soldier with his K-98 rifle killed a Canadian soldier, be would be forgiven based on your criteria.

Bob Jones

Prove It!
(Bloomberg) — Prime Minister Justin Trudeau broke the nation’s conflict of interest law by pressuring his former attorney general to help SNC-Lavalin Group Inc. settle corruption charges out of court, Canada’s ethics watchdog ruled.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
No Doubt. I think it's pathetic that they even start thinking of the next election right after the first election was just won!

You think they would start doing their jobs but nope. On the campaign Trail again for the next cycle........

Some politicians are in it for the money only. In my childhood, because we live in Alberta where one party has dominated, especially in rural areas, our MP went to Ottawa a total of 3 times in 4 years. He was too busy farming. My father knew him as an acquaintance. Dad's comment was , My god, they could run a fence-post here, and it'd get in."