• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can you Unravel the Mystery?

2ndpillar

well then, it only for those who are obtuse that say it's vacuous/

good day

101G.

I would consider my understanding as being more congruent to the image portrayed by Yeshua per his message of the "kingdom", versus your more obtuse vision on the basis of a single adjective and noun and their resultant Googe search findings. To find the "kingdom", one must "seek" such kingdom, not simply to do a Google search with respect to two words (great city).

nPeace

Veteran Member
The "Babel" of Genesis 10:10 was a city not a religion. Although the "babble" (Babel) coming from the "false prophet" Paul, is a continuing theme.
(Genesis 10:9-10) 9 He became a mighty hunter in opposition to Jehovah. That is why there is a saying: “Just like Nimrod, a mighty hunter in opposition to Jehovah.” 10 The beginning of his kingdom was Babel. . .

Religion was practiced in the city. The city was built for that purpose.

"Babylon the Great" is simply the religion adopted by many of the Jews while in Babylon, and the "Christians", as in the followers of the false prophet Paul, and his friend "Satan" (2 Corinthians 12:7).
(2 Corinthians 12:7) just because of receiving such extraordinary revelations. To keep me from becoming overly exalted, I was given a thorn in the flesh, an angel of Satan, to keep slapping me, so that I might not be overly exalted.

Satan certainty was not a friend of Paul.
So that's something you made up. Not scripture.

As regards Babylon the Great being "simply the religion adopted by many of the Jews while in Babylon", you gave no scriptural support for that either.... making it an empty claim, obviously made up out of your head.

It had roots in the past, via the "serpent"/"dragon"/"devil" and his religion based on his statement; "you surely shall not die" (Genesis 3:4), the foundation of Paul's false gospel of grace, whereas the commandments of God are nailed to a cross, and you don't have to abide by them, which is in contravention of the "Word", which states "everyone shall die for their own iniquities (Jeremiah 31:30).
Huh?
Where did Paul say 'the commandments of God are nailed to a cross, and you don't have to abide by them'?
Colossians 2:14 - Alive in Christ
Not one translation says that.

The commandments of God, stand forever, and no, they are not the ten commandments. Nor the law covenant with its decrees, made with the Jews, which was broken (by the Jews), and removed, allowing Gentiles to be "taken in".
(Ephesians 2:14-16) 14 For he is our peace, he who made the two parties one and destroyed the wall in between that fenced them off. 15 By means of his flesh he abolished the enmity, the Law of commandments consisting in decrees, that he might create the two peoples in union with himself into one new man and make peace; 16 and that he might fully reconcile both peoples in one body to God through the torture stake, because he had killed off the enmity by means of himself. . .

Do you still beat your dog? Please answer with a yes or no.
Do you still beat your dog? and Are you saying that you beat your dog? are two different questions.
What I asked you, is equivalent to the latter. Are you saying xyz?
The answer is a simple, No... or Yes... depending. ;)

Last edited:

nPeace

Veteran Member
I would consider my understanding as being more congruent to the image portrayed by Yeshua per his message of the "kingdom", versus your more obtuse vision on the basis of a single adjective and noun and their resultant Googe search findings. To find the "kingdom", one must "seek" such kingdom, not simply to do a Google search with respect to two words (great city).
I think @101G's reasoning on the use of those scriptures, is more reasonable.
At least he is sticking to the scriptures, for his arguments, rather than injecting ideas.
The only problem I have with it, is how those scriptures link with the others surrounding Revelation 17 and 18.

Viker

Häxan
Babylon the Great, the mother of the prostitutes and of the disgusting things of the earth.”
Revelation 17:5
Notable features
Babylon the Great is described as
  • the great prostitute
  • sitting on many waters,
  • committed sexual immorality with the kings of the earth
  • making earth’s inhabitants drunk with the wine of her sexual immorality
  • sitting on a scarlet-colored wild beast
  • clothed in purple and scarlet
  • adorned with gold and precious stones and pearls
  • having in her hand a golden cup that was full of disgusting things and the unclean things of her sexual immorality
  • the mother of the prostitutes and of the disgusting things of the earth
  • drunk with the blood of the holy ones and with the blood of the witnesses of Jesus
  • the great city that has a kingdom over the kings of the earth
New York City?

101G

I think @101G's reasoning on the use of those scriptures, is more reasonable.
At least he is sticking to the scriptures, for his arguments, rather than injecting ideas.
The only problem I have with it, is how those scriptures link with the others surrounding Revelation 17 and 18.
GINOLJC, to all.
first thanks for the mention. second in, Revelation 17:3 "So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns." notice here that the beast have seven heads, and ten horns, but where are the crowns?. this is a religious beast, because this beast is a she. a Crown is a political beast. (that might help you, maybe, to understand the difference in a political power, and a religious power)

Revelation 17:8 "The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is”.
in these coming verses, the angel show John what I call an embedded revelation within a Revelation vision. what we mean is information within one vision referring to something else concerning the vision shown.
the beast that was, and is not, WHY? because her kingdom is taken away from her because of A. the control over her now, is the ROMAN EMPIRE with it’s kings or Caesar rule. and destruction come to both of them. B. because of the Seventh King who is born within her mists, takes her power away. hence the ascending out of the bottomless pit, (the rebellion, or the making of war against the saint of the Lord). but will go into perdition herself also. the none elect, the reprobates, the men of the world look in amazement as how these people, Israel, who suffered the deadly head wound to death, in 70AD, (their religious system destroyed), and now is a nation again, (that was, and is not, and yet is), and prime set to rebuild their temple, they wonder when they behold the country that went through so much yet survive, and is now waiting for her deadly wound to healed, the rebuilding of the temple.

and just touching on chapter 18,

Revelation 18:2 "And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird".
Cried here is not speaking of tears in one’s eyes, but to meaning to lodge a complaint, or to proclaim something, here, it’s Babylon the great. “Babylon the great is fallen is fallen?”, when did God speak this? lets check the record, Isaiah 21:9 "And, behold, here cometh a chariot of men, with a couple of horsemen. And he answered and said, Babylon is fallen, is fallen; and all the graven images of her gods he hath broken unto the ground". (who said this?), verse 10 "O my threshing, and the corn of my floor: that which I have heard of the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel, have I declared unto you”. that’s who .... he “heard” it from. (BINGO).
I would like to make a point here where many, even studied scholars, make an error at. some stretch the seventy week of Daniel into having a direct time period to fit this scripture coming next, Jeremiah 25:12 "And it shall come to pass, when seventy years are accomplished, that I will punish the king of Babylon, and that nation, saith the LORD, for their iniquity, and the land of the Chaldeans, and will make it perpetual desolations”. with some scholars, not all, here disagreement with and amoung themselves in which Babylon is spoken of. (which is another whole teaching within itself).

just touching,
Revelation 18:3 "For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies”.
Here’s another prime example of this where I disagree with many scholars. many think, when they see the term “ merchants”, they automatically reason, “commerce”. and or “trade” well yes in the natural, but there is a spiritual “commerce”, which have many “ merchants” also. later in the chapter we will see this spiritual “commerce”. so setting the stage to come, lets define our symbolism of, merchants, commerce, and merchandise.
first we need to define what is “merchandise”, spiritually speaking. scripture, 2 Peter 2:3 "And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not”. “merchandise” here, is dealing with the SOULS of men, as the apostle points out, “ make merchandise of you”. and the “merchants “ here are false teacher and preacher, who just like the merchants (in the natural world), they do the same thing with their goods, they carry, (seduce) them to market and sell them to their false god, or gods, Satan, and these false teachers, understand this, they get paid for it. Supportive scripture, Zechariah 11:4 "Thus saith the LORD my God; Feed the flock of the slaughter; verse 5 "Whose possessors slay them, and hold themselves not guilty: and they that sell them say, Blessed be the LORD; for I am rich: and their own shepherds pity them not”. and some of these false prophets and teachers, bishops, and apostles… ect. they have made themselves rich physically, (in the natural), also. selling a false gospel, at the same time putting your soul on the exchange market. as the scripture states, Matthew 16:26 "For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?”, oh how true. the answer …. ZERO.
understand this, God Market of exchange is “FREE”, Isaiah 55:1 "Ho, every one that thirsteth, come ye to the waters, and he that hath no money; come ye, buy, and eat; yea, come, buy wine and milk without money and without price”. this is the “REAL” FREE MARKET of GOD. here one can exchange the stock bond of “sin” for the free price of eternal life, and there is no cost to invest. see, that the “bond” stock market, God’s Merchants, (preacher, and teachers he sends), are in stock bonds, (selling off (sin), and the price is “FIXED”, no coast.
but the devil merchants, watch how they trade on the exchange, Amos 8:6 "That we may buy the poor for silver, and the needy for a pair of shoes; yea, and sell the refuse of the wheat?”. that’s not a free market there.
now can see the stage is set for Judgments of the false traders of the harlot. and this exchange is imported world wide. as said this is a battle for the souls of men. once again, Isaiah 1:21 "How is the faithful city become an harlot! it was full of judgment; righteousness lodged in it; but now murderers”. and this same false religion, doctrines and beliefs are exported all around the world.

101G

101G

to all,
Genesis 18:20 "And the LORD said, Because the cry of Sodom and Gomorrah is great, and because their sin is very grievous; verse 21 "I will go down now, and see whether they have done altogether according to the cry of it, which is come unto me; and if not, I will know”.

who else God call Sodom and Gomorrah? Isaiah 1:9 "Except the LORD of hosts had left unto us a very small remnant, we should have been as Sodom, and we should have been like unto Gomorrah." Isaiah 1:10 "Hear the word of the LORD, ye rulers of Sodom; give ear unto the law of our God, ye people of Gomorrah."

THE NATURAL BABYLON.
Isaiah 13:19 "And Babylon, the glory of kingdoms, the beauty of the Chaldees' excellency, shall be as when God overthrew Sodom and Gomorrah." (BOTH ARE GREAT)

NOW spiritual Babylon
Jeremiah 23:14 "I have seen also in the prophets of Jerusalem an horrible thing: they commit adultery, and walk in lies: they strengthen also the hands of evildoers, that none doth return from his wickedness: they are all of them unto me as Sodom, and the inhabitants thereof as Gomorrah."

Revelation 11:8 "And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified."

101G.

nPeace

Veteran Member
GINOLJC, to all.
first thanks for the mention. second in, Revelation 17:3 "So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns." notice here that the beast have seven heads, and ten horns, but where are the crowns?. this is a religious beast, because this beast is a she. a Crown is a political beast. (that might help you, maybe, to understand the difference in a political power, and a religious power)
I always appreciate talking with persons willing to explain why they believe something, with the use of the scriptures, rather than their own reasoning... even if we don't agree.
My thoughts go to Daniel 7:2-8.
Yet, where are the crowns?
So, to be consistent in your reasoning, you would need to contradict Gabriel, who said... “‘These huge beasts, four in number, are four kings who will stand up from the earth." (Daniel 7:17)

...and I am sure you don't want to do that.

So, if I were in your position, I would say to myself, "Well, I need to look at it differently, since my reasoning does not agree with the scripture's.

Gabriel is consistent in using beast to represent kingdoms - governmental rulership.
I too, would want to be consistent with that.
The angel sent by Jesus, to John, would be consistent with Gabriel.

(Revelation 13:1-2) 1 And I saw a wild beast ascending out of the sea, with ten horns and seven heads, and on its horns ten diadems, but on its heads blasphemous names. 2 Now the wild beast that I saw was like a leopard, but its feet were like those of a bear, and its mouth was like a lion’s mouth. And the dragon gave to the beast its power and its throne and great authority.

(Revelation 13:4) 4 And they worshipped the dragon because it gave the authority to the wild beast, and they worshipped the wild beast with the words: “Who is like the wild beast, and who can do battle with it?”

(Revelation 13:11-12) 11 Then I saw another wild beast ascending out of the earth, and it had two horns like a lamb, but it began speaking like a dragon. 12It exercises all the authority of the first wild beast in its sight. And it makes the earth and its inhabitants worship the first wild beast, whose mortal wound was healed.

(Revelation 17:7-11) 7 So the angel said to me: “Why is it that you were amazed? I will tell you the mystery of the woman and of the wild beast that is carrying her and that has the seven heads and the ten horns: 8The wild beast that you saw was, but is not, and yet is about to ascend out of the abyss, and it is to go off into destruction. And the inhabitants of the earth - those whose names have not been written in the scroll of life from the founding of the world - will be amazed when they see how the wild beast was, but is not, and yet will be present. 9 “This calls for a mind that has wisdom: The seven heads mean seven mountains, where the woman sits on top. 10 And there are seven kings: Five have fallen, one is, and the other has not yet arrived; but when he does arrive, he must remain a short while. 11 And the wild beast that was but is not, it is also an eighth king, but it springs from the seven, and it goes off into destruction.

The angel actually describes the beast as the eighth king.

Revelation 17:8 "The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is”.
in these coming verses, the angel show John what I call an embedded revelation within a Revelation vision. what we mean is information within one vision referring to something else concerning the vision shown.
the beast that was, and is not, WHY? because her kingdom is taken away from her because of A. the control over her now, is the ROMAN EMPIRE with it’s kings or Caesar rule. and destruction come to both of them. B. because of the Seventh King who is born within her mists, takes her power away. hence the ascending out of the bottomless pit, (the rebellion, or the making of war against the saint of the Lord). but will go into perdition herself also. the none elect, the reprobates, the men of the world look in amazement as how these people, Israel, who suffered the deadly head wound to death, in 70AD, (their religious system destroyed), and now is a nation again, (that was, and is not, and yet is), and prime set to rebuild their temple, they wonder when they behold the country that went through so much yet survive, and is now waiting for her deadly wound to healed, the rebuilding of the temple.
I'm confused.
How is the harlot the city of Jerusalem, and the beast Israel?

and just touching on chapter 18,

Revelation 18:2 "And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird".
Cried here is not speaking of tears in one’s eyes, but to meaning to lodge a complaint, or to proclaim something, here, it’s Babylon the great. “Babylon the great is fallen is fallen?”, when did God speak this? lets check the record, Isaiah 21:9 "And, behold, here cometh a chariot of men, with a couple of horsemen. And he answered and said, Babylon is fallen, is fallen; and all the graven images of her gods he hath broken unto the ground". (who said this?), verse 10 "O my threshing, and the corn of my floor: that which I have heard of the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel, have I declared unto you”. that’s who .... he “heard” it from. (BINGO).
I would like to make a point here where many, even studied scholars, make an error at. some stretch the seventy week of Daniel into having a direct time period to fit this scripture coming next, Jeremiah 25:12 "And it shall come to pass, when seventy years are accomplished, that I will punish the king of Babylon, and that nation, saith the LORD, for their iniquity, and the land of the Chaldeans, and will make it perpetual desolations”. with some scholars, not all, here disagreement with and amoung themselves in which Babylon is spoken of. (which is another whole teaching within itself).
Isn't this a future prophecy?
How did you go back to ancient Babylon's fall, in referring to a time after the Roman Empire?
Am I misunderstanding you?

nPeace

Veteran Member
just touching,
Revelation 18:3 "For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies”.
Here’s another prime example of this where I disagree with many scholars. many think, when they see the term “ merchants”, they automatically reason, “commerce”. and or “trade” well yes in the natural, but there is a spiritual “commerce”, which have many “ merchants” also. later in the chapter we will see this spiritual “commerce”. so setting the stage to come, lets define our symbolism of, merchants, commerce, and merchandise.
first we need to define what is “merchandise”, spiritually speaking. scripture, 2 Peter 2:3 "And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not”. “merchandise” here, is dealing with the SOULS of men, as the apostle points out, “ make merchandise of you”. and the “merchants “ here are false teacher and preacher, who just like the merchants (in the natural world), they do the same thing with their goods, they carry, (seduce) them to market and sell them to their false god, or gods, Satan, and these false teachers, understand this, they get paid for it. Supportive scripture, Zechariah 11:4 "Thus saith the LORD my God; Feed the flock of the slaughter; verse 5 "Whose possessors slay them, and hold themselves not guilty: and they that sell them say, Blessed be the LORD; for I am rich: and their own shepherds pity them not”. and some of these false prophets and teachers, bishops, and apostles… ect. they have made themselves rich physically, (in the natural), also. selling a false gospel, at the same time putting your soul on the exchange market. as the scripture states, Matthew 16:26 "For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?”, oh how true. the answer …. ZERO.
understand this, God Market of exchange is “FREE”, Isaiah 55:1 "Ho, every one that thirsteth, come ye to the waters, and he that hath no money; come ye, buy, and eat; yea, come, buy wine and milk without money and without price”. this is the “REAL” FREE MARKET of GOD. here one can exchange the stock bond of “sin” for the free price of eternal life, and there is no cost to invest. see, that the “bond” stock market, God’s Merchants, (preacher, and teachers he sends), are in stock bonds, (selling off (sin), and the price is “FIXED”, no coast.
but the devil merchants, watch how they trade on the exchange, Amos 8:6 "That we may buy the poor for silver, and the needy for a pair of shoes; yea, and sell the refuse of the wheat?”. that’s not a free market there.
now can see the stage is set for Judgments of the false traders of the harlot. and this exchange is imported world wide. as said this is a battle for the souls of men. once again, Isaiah 1:21 "How is the faithful city become an harlot! it was full of judgment; righteousness lodged in it; but now murderers”. and this same false religion, doctrines and beliefs are exported all around the world.

101G
Interesting. Is it correct though. Let's see how you respond to the fact that the beast is actually political.

101G

My thoughts go to Daniel 7:2-8.
Yet, where are the crowns?
So, to be consistent in your reasoning, you would need to contradict Gabriel, who said... “‘These huge beasts, four in number, are four kings who will stand up from the earth." (Daniel 7:17)
Four KINGDOMS, to come upon the Earth from Daniel time point of view. and kingdoms have kings. so, four KINGDOMS.

Gabriel is consistent in using beast to represent kingdoms - governmental rulership.
I too, would want to be consistent with that.
The angel sent by Jesus, to John, would be consistent with Gabriel.
Made my point, as said, KINGDOMS. here are political powers.
(Revelation 13:1-2) 1 And I saw a wild beast ascending out of the sea, with ten horns and seven heads, and on its horns ten diadems, but on its heads blasphemous names. 2 Now the wild beast that I saw was like a leopard, but its feet were like those of a bear, and its mouth was like a lion’s mouth. And the dragon gave to the beast its power and its throne and great authority.
The identity of the global beast, past, present and future..

Revelation 13:1 "And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy”.

The Key to this whole revelation here in this chapter is what John first said here, “I stood upon the sand of the sea”. note: he said the sand and not sand(s), with the “s” at the end, but the SAND of the SEA. Sand of the sea is speaking of a particular people when used as a noun, lets see it. Romans 9:27 "Esaias also crieth concerning Israel, Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, a remnant shall be saved”. here it is in Isaiah 10:22 "For though thy people Israel be as the sand of the sea, yet a remnant of them shall return: the consumption decreed shall overflow with righteousness”.
now the source of this sea in bloodline. Hebrews 11:12 "Therefore sprang there even of one, and him as good as dead, so many as the stars of the sky in multitude, and as the sand which is by the sea shore innumerable”. QUESTION, is this speaking of all Israel? No. This beast is out of or from among the nation which is narrowed down. Lets see it, This beast John saw had seven heads, and ten horns, (we'll see later), but one more identifying mark that is crystal clear, “blasphemy”. well this tells us who this beast is now. Supportive scripture, Revelation 2:9 "I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan”. (BINGO),The synagogue of Satan, these unbelieving Jews, that were called by the remnant, and the gentiles church members, Jews, but by bloodline only. They blasphemed the ways and doctrines of Christ, and caused GOD name to be blasphemed by others, (just as some do today).
Romans 2:23 "Thou that makest thy boast of the law, through breaking the law dishonourest thou God?
Romans 2:24 "For the name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles through you, as it is written”. and it is written in Isa. 52:5
Many associate this beast which John saw with Daniel beasts, 7:17 "These great beasts, which are four, are four kings, which shall arise out of the earth”. (NOTE AS SAID NOT YET kings FROM DANIEL TIME AND POINT OF VIEW BUT WILL BE). it was four beast, kings/kingdoms that would “rise” out of the EARTH. but here in revelation, it’s one single beast made up of all the afore mentions beast, but this beast rise out of the SEA instead of the EARTH. and Daniel give us one more clue to who this beast is, the fourth one. Daniel 7:7 "After this I saw in the night visions, and behold a fourth beast, dreadful and terrible, and strong exceedingly; and it had great iron teeth: it devoured and brake in pieces, and stamped the residue with the feet of it: and it was diverse from all the beasts that were before it; and it had ten horns”. it’s a mixture of all the beast, he said, this fourth was, ”diverse”, from all the beasts that were before it. This word “diverse”, was interesting for in the Hebrew it is, H8133 שְׁנָא shna' (shen-aw') v.
to alter.
[(Aramaic) corresponding to H8132]
KJV: alter, change, (be) diverse.
Root(s): H8132
So the word is“Alter”, not "Altar”, another word for “alter” is “STIR UP” which gives us a clear picture who this beast is. Acts 6:8 "And Stephen, full of faith and power, did great wonders and miracles among the people. Verse 9 "Then there arose certain of the synagogue, which is called the synagogue of the Libertines, and Cyrenians, and Alexandrians, and of them of Cilicia and of Asia, disputing with Stephen. Verse 10 "And they were not able to resist the wisdom and the spirit by which he spake. Verse 11 "Then they suborned men, which said, We have heard him speak blasphemous words against Moses, and against God. Verse 12 "And they stirred up the people, and the elders, and the scribes, and came upon him, and caught him, and brought him to the council, verse 13 "And set up false witnesses, which said, This man ceaseth not to speak blasphemous words against this holy place, and the law”.
Acts 13:50 "But the Jews stirred up the devout and honourable women, and the chief men of the city, and raised persecution against Paul and Barnabas, and expelled them out of their coasts”.
Acts 14:1 "And it came to pass in Iconium, that they went both together into the synagogue of the Jews, and so spake, that a great multitude both of the Jews and also of the Greeks believed.
Acts 14:2 "But the unbelieving Jews stirred up the Gentiles, and made their minds evil affected against the brethren.
Acts 17:10 "And the brethren immediately sent away Paul and Silas by night unto Berea: who coming thither went into the synagogue of the Jews.
Acts 17:11 "These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.
Acts 17:12 "Therefore many of them believed; also of honourable women which were Greeks, and of men, not a few.
Acts 17:13 "But when the Jews of Thessalonica had knowledge that the word of God was preached of Paul at Berea, they came thither also, and stirred up the people.

Now further evidence the synagogue of Satan, label right there in the beast itself.
Romans 3:9 "What then? are we better than they? No, in no wise: for we have before proved both Jews and Gentiles, that they are all under sin;
Romans 3:10 "As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
Romans 3:11 "There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.
Romans 3:12 "They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.
Romans 3:13 "Their throat is an open sepulchre; with their tongues they have used deceit; the poison of asps is under their lips:
Romans 3:14 "Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness:
Romans 3:15 "Their feet are swift to shed blood:
Romans 3:16 "Destruction and misery are in their ways:
omans 3:17 "And the way of peace have they not known:
Romans 3:18 "There is no fear of God before their eyes.
Like a Lion.

Romans 3:13 "Their throat is an open sepulchre; with their tongues they have used deceit; the poison of asps is under their lips”
the throat is in the mouth. The mouth an instrument of speech, for the words of the wicked are devouring ones. As a lion who give this beast power is a roaring one, ("Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness"). 1 Peter 5:8 "Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour”.
Like a leopard, Romans 3:15 "Their feet are swift to shed blood”, and the feet of a bear, trample under,. Romans 3:16 "Destruction and misery are in their ways”. the apostle Paul gave us a clear description who this synagogue of Satan, the unbelieving Jews. One might want to read up on these synagogue of the Jews as mention in the church of Smyrna & Philadelphia.
this is a political power, it is refired to a he, and not she, which is a religious power.
also,READ EZEK CHAPTER 16, 17.
I'll pick up your next point in post #2.

101G.

nPeace

Veteran Member
Four KINGDOMS, to come upon the Earth from Daniel time point of view. and kingdoms have kings. so, four KINGDOMS.

Made my point, as said, KINGDOMS. here are political powers.

The identity of the global beast, past, present and future..

Revelation 13:1 "And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy”.

The Key to this whole revelation here in this chapter is what John first said here, “I stood upon the sand of the sea”. note: he said the sand and not sand(s), with the “s” at the end, but the SAND of the SEA. Sand of the sea is speaking of a particular people when used as a noun, lets see it. Romans 9:27 "Esaias also crieth concerning Israel, Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, a remnant shall be saved”. here it is in Isaiah 10:22 "For though thy people Israel be as the sand of the sea, yet a remnant of them shall return: the consumption decreed shall overflow with righteousness”.
now the source of this sea in bloodline. Hebrews 11:12 "Therefore sprang there even of one, and him as good as dead, so many as the stars of the sky in multitude, and as the sand which is by the sea shore innumerable”. QUESTION, is this speaking of all Israel? No. This beast is out of or from among the nation which is narrowed down. Lets see it, This beast John saw had seven heads, and ten horns, (we'll see later), but one more identifying mark that is crystal clear, “blasphemy”. well this tells us who this beast is now. Supportive scripture, Revelation 2:9 "I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan”. (BINGO),The synagogue of Satan, these unbelieving Jews, that were called by the remnant, and the gentiles church members, Jews, but by bloodline only. They blasphemed the ways and doctrines of Christ, and caused GOD name to be blasphemed by others, (just as some do today).
Romans 2:23 "Thou that makest thy boast of the law, through breaking the law dishonourest thou God?
Romans 2:24 "For the name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles through you, as it is written”. and it is written in Isa. 52:5
Many associate this beast which John saw with Daniel beasts, 7:17 "These great beasts, which are four, are four kings, which shall arise out of the earth”. (NOTE AS SAID NOT YET kings FROM DANIEL TIME AND POINT OF VIEW BUT WILL BE). it was four beast, kings/kingdoms that would “rise” out of the EARTH. but here in revelation, it’s one single beast made up of all the afore mentions beast, but this beast rise out of the SEA instead of the EARTH. and Daniel give us one more clue to who this beast is, the fourth one. Daniel 7:7 "After this I saw in the night visions, and behold a fourth beast, dreadful and terrible, and strong exceedingly; and it had great iron teeth: it devoured and brake in pieces, and stamped the residue with the feet of it: and it was diverse from all the beasts that were before it; and it had ten horns”. it’s a mixture of all the beast, he said, this fourth was, ”diverse”, from all the beasts that were before it. This word “diverse”, was interesting for in the Hebrew it is, H8133 שְׁנָא shna' (shen-aw') v.
to alter.
[(Aramaic) corresponding to H8132]
KJV: alter, change, (be) diverse.
Root(s): H8132
So the word is“Alter”, not "Altar”, another word for “alter” is “STIR UP” which gives us a clear picture who this beast is. Acts 6:8 "And Stephen, full of faith and power, did great wonders and miracles among the people. Verse 9 "Then there arose certain of the synagogue, which is called the synagogue of the Libertines, and Cyrenians, and Alexandrians, and of them of Cilicia and of Asia, disputing with Stephen. Verse 10 "And they were not able to resist the wisdom and the spirit by which he spake. Verse 11 "Then they suborned men, which said, We have heard him speak blasphemous words against Moses, and against God. Verse 12 "And they stirred up the people, and the elders, and the scribes, and came upon him, and caught him, and brought him to the council, verse 13 "And set up false witnesses, which said, This man ceaseth not to speak blasphemous words against this holy place, and the law”.
Acts 13:50 "But the Jews stirred up the devout and honourable women, and the chief men of the city, and raised persecution against Paul and Barnabas, and expelled them out of their coasts”.
Acts 14:1 "And it came to pass in Iconium, that they went both together into the synagogue of the Jews, and so spake, that a great multitude both of the Jews and also of the Greeks believed.
Acts 14:2 "But the unbelieving Jews stirred up the Gentiles, and made their minds evil affected against the brethren.
Acts 17:10 "And the brethren immediately sent away Paul and Silas by night unto Berea: who coming thither went into the synagogue of the Jews.
Acts 17:11 "These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.
Acts 17:12 "Therefore many of them believed; also of honourable women which were Greeks, and of men, not a few.
Acts 17:13 "But when the Jews of Thessalonica had knowledge that the word of God was preached of Paul at Berea, they came thither also, and stirred up the people.

Now further evidence the synagogue of Satan, label right there in the beast itself.
Romans 3:9 "What then? are we better than they? No, in no wise: for we have before proved both Jews and Gentiles, that they are all under sin;
Romans 3:10 "As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
Romans 3:11 "There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.
Romans 3:12 "They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.
Romans 3:13 "Their throat is an open sepulchre; with their tongues they have used deceit; the poison of asps is under their lips:
Romans 3:14 "Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness:
Romans 3:15 "Their feet are swift to shed blood:
Romans 3:16 "Destruction and misery are in their ways:
omans 3:17 "And the way of peace have they not known:
Romans 3:18 "There is no fear of God before their eyes.
Like a Lion.

Romans 3:13 "Their throat is an open sepulchre; with their tongues they have used deceit; the poison of asps is under their lips”
the throat is in the mouth. The mouth an instrument of speech, for the words of the wicked are devouring ones. As a lion who give this beast power is a roaring one, ("Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness"). 1 Peter 5:8 "Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour”.
Like a leopard, Romans 3:15 "Their feet are swift to shed blood”, and the feet of a bear, trample under,. Romans 3:16 "Destruction and misery are in their ways”. the apostle Paul gave us a clear description who this synagogue of Satan, the unbelieving Jews. One might want to read up on these synagogue of the Jews as mention in the church of Smyrna & Philadelphia.
this is a political power, it is refired to a he, and not she, which is a religious power.
also,READ EZEK CHAPTER 16, 17.
I'll pick up your next point in post #2.

101G.
You said/...
Revelation 17:3 "So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns." notice here that the beast have seven heads, and ten horns, but where are the crowns?. this is a religious beast, because this beast is a she. a Crown is a political beast. (that might help you, maybe, to understand the difference in a political power, and a religious power)

So, that does not agree.
Or are you saying, you now agree that the beast is not religious, but political?

101G

Post II
(Revelation 13:11-12) 11 Then I saw another wild beast ascending out of the earth, and it had two horns like a lamb, but it began speaking like a dragon. 12It exercises all the authority of the first wild beast in its sight. And it makes the earth and its inhabitants worship the first wild beast, whose mortal wound was healed.
Notice this beast is “coming up out of” the earth, not rising from the earth, but coming out of the earth. The Science/Technology head of the beast. this is an inanimate object that appears to live, or is a functioning object. my opinion, a computer system, the mainframe. the reason why I say this is because it has two horns. and horns represent power. (lambs don’t have horns), so again, it’s an inanimate object. Spake as a dragon, AI or ”artificial language”, or, artificial intelligence. the term artificial means a copy of something natural, (are we seeing where this is going). when the first computers, the mainframe came out, it was for large entities, like Governments, which require greater computing power. and businesses, mini computers, with lesser computing power. and there also came the private, or Micro Computer, with even lesser computer power for the home. well that's three horns or powers, Micro, Mini, and mainframe. but how did it become two horn or power?. here's the revelation, technology boosted the private, or Micro Computer, with less computer power for the home, to greater power and eliminated the mini computers, for now the home user, (Private), the Micro computer now have the same equivalent power/horn as most businesses, many in the "Palm" of their hand. understand it now? it's power in the palm of the hand? so now there are literally two power/horns of computers. the Micro, and the mainframe. hence the reason why one cannot buy or sell. for if the computer is down one cannot make a transaction. nor buy or sell. and the mark is in the palm of one's "Hand", and controlled by the computer in the palm of the hand. understand now. the mark of the beast is in your hand,,,,,, (just like a cell phone can fit in the palm of one's hands, yes that's the MICRO CHIP IN THE HAND.

of course, this is my opinion. not to to be held as the word of God, until, or unless proven correct.
(Revelation 17:7-11) 7 So the angel said to me: “Why is it that you were amazed? I will tell you the mystery of the woman and of the wild beast that is carrying her and that has the seven heads and the ten horns: 8The wild beast that you saw was, but is not, and yet is about to ascend out of the abyss, and it is to go off into destruction. And the inhabitants of the earth - those whose names have not been written in the scroll of life from the founding of the world - will be amazed when they see how the wild beast was, but is not, and yet will be present. 9 “This calls for a mind that has wisdom: The seven heads mean seven mountains, where the woman sits on top. 10 And there are seven kings: Five have fallen, one is, and the other has not yet arrived; but when he does arrive, he must remain a short while. 11 And the wild beast that was but is not, it is also an eighth king, but it springs from the seven, and it goes off into destruction.

The angel actually describes the beast as the eighth king.
here again is the mind of wisdom that is needed to understand what the angel is showing John in this vision, John is shown the history of five kingdom upon the earth, and one presently reigning. “FIVE ARE FALLEN”. the five that are fallen are, Egypt, Assyria, Babylonia, Medo-Persia, and Greece, and the one that is, the sixth, in John’s day is the ROMAN EMPIRE. but John is given more information which again takes the wisdom, and the mind of Christ to reveal it. note: John saw and wrote, “and the other is not yet come”. but is there not yet two more Kings to come? yes, according verse 11 below. so why do John refers to the seventh and the eighth as “the other?”, when it's two? again the wisdom and the mind of God is needed to understand this. but John was given more information about the seventh King,”he must continue a short space”.

revelation time, Jesus the Son of Man the eighth King, which is of the seventh, Jesus the Son of God. this is he who is “born” KING of the Jews.
And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, all is past kingdom starting with Egypt up to the one at that time, "one is", which is the Roman empire. so who is the eighth King, answer the Lord Jesus. he is the Seventh King in NATURAL Flesh, see Matthews chapter 2. he must continue a short space", three and 1/2 years. and be cut off as Daneal said. but here is the revelation.
1. And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is 2. the other is not yet come, (the other?, The G243 allos the Holy Spirit. 3. and when he cometh, he must continue a short space. 3 1/2 years, (the Lord Jesus ministry). 4. verse 10, And the beast that was, and is not (no more gentile rule, but Spiritual of them in Christ Jesus) . 5. even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, "of" the seventh?, yes where the seventh was cut off, (crucified), now is risen, and there is no more, for he is the eighth. so verses 10 an 11 should read now as, "10 And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and when he cometh, (SHILOH/MESSIAH) he must continue a short space. 11 the other is not yet come; even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, And the beast that was, and is not, and goeth into perdition. the key words here is "other" to come, John 14:16 "And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever" other in revelation is the same word for "another" in John to Identify the comforter", (who is the EIGHT KING, nor in NATURAL Flesh, but in GLORIFIED FLESH.SPIRIT.
understand, the King of the 1st thru the 6th was Sons of perdition (corruption). but the seventh, the Son of God, and the eighth, who is of the seventh, the Son of Man, is of God, (non corruption).
I'm confused.
How is the harlot the city of Jerusalem, and the beast Israel?
is not Jerusalem in ,in, in, Israel? ... both are made of up of PEOPLE?
Isn't this a future prophecy?
How did you go back to ancient Babylon's fall, in referring to a time after the Roman Empire?
Am I misunderstanding you?
Revelation 1:19 "Write the things which thou hast seen, and the things which are, and the things which shall be hereafter;"

the book of Revelation is three-fold, PAST, PRESENT, and FUTURE.

101G

101G

You said/...
Revelation 17:3 "So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns." notice here that the beast have seven heads, and ten horns, but where are the crowns?. this is a religious beast, because this beast is a she. a Crown is a political beast. (that might help you, maybe, to understand the difference in a political power, and a religious power)

So, that does not agree.
Or are you saying, you now agree that the beast is not religious, but political?
did you not understand? the mixing of the toes of clay and Iron? many political leaders have religious backgrounds. just look around.

101G

2ndpillar

(Genesis 10:9-10) 9 He became a mighty hunter in opposition to Jehovah. That is why there is a saying: “Just like Nimrod, a mighty hunter in opposition to Jehovah.” 10 The beginning of his kingdom was Babel. . .

Religion was practiced in the city. The city was built for that purpose.

The city of "Babel" was not built to "oppose Jehovah". It was the tower of Babel which was built to reach heaven. The religion of the following of the gods (serpent god), began with Eve, in believing the false gospel of, "you surely shall not die" (Genesis 3:4), the foundation of the false gospel of Paul, which was "we will not all sleep/die".

As for your, I assume self-made bible, stating what your "religion" chose to convey, the generally accept versions do not in any way agree with your verse. As for your "sayings", well they are apparently yours.

King James Bible Genesis 10:9
He was a mighty hunter before the LORD: wherefore it is said, Even as Nimrod the mighty hunter before the LORD.

2ndpillar

(2 Corinthians 12:7) just because of receiving such extraordinary revelations. To keep me from becoming overly exalted, I was given a thorn in the flesh, an angel of Satan, to keep slapping me, so that I might not be overly exalted.

Satan certainty was not a friend of Paul.
So that's something you made up. Not scripture.

As regards Babylon the Great being "simply the religion adopted by many of the Jews while in Babylon", you gave no scriptural support for that either.... making it an empty claim, obviously made up out of your head.

A "friend" is one who tries a protect someone from being "overly exalted" (vain, or self important), which apparently, according to Paul, was the object of Satan with respect to Paul. As for the Jews, the god of Babel, was Bel, a god adopted by the Jews (Isaiah 46:1).

Isaiah 46:1 Bel crouches; Nebo cowers. Their idols weigh down beasts and cattle. The images you ...
... Bel bows down, Nebo stoops low; their idols are borne by beasts of burden. The images that are carried about are burdensome, a burden for the weary. Bel and ...

As pertains to Babylon :
Jeremiah 51:44 I will punish Bel in Babylon. I will make him spew out what he swallowed. The nations ...
... I will punish Bel in Babylon and make him spew out what he has swallowed. The nations will no longer stream to him. And the wall of Babylon will fall. And ...

2ndpillar

Huh?
Where did Paul say 'the commandments of God are nailed to a cross, and you don't have to abide by them'?
Colossians 2:14 - Alive in Christ
Not one translation says that.

Colossians 2: "ordinances" having nailed it to a cross" (King James). Under the "kingdom of God", whereas king David will rule "forever", per Ezekiel 37:15-28, the "ordinances" will be "kept". As for bolstering your arguments with further quotes from the false prophet Paul, that only builds further upon a foundation of sand. (Matthew 7:26)

2ndpillar

king David rule "FOREVER?" ...... is not God himself will sit on David throne and rule for ever.

101G.

Did you find that in the bible of 101G? Ezekiel 37:28," My sanctuary is in their (Israel (the combined house of Ephraim and Judah (Ezekiel 37:22))) midst forever", and "My servant David will be their king". (Ezekiel 37:24). As for the Gentile church, the church of the nations, which survive the coming "distress", they will confess, "our fathers have inherited nothing but falsehood" (Jeremiah 16:19). It is best to "come out of her" with respect to the church of the Gentiles, before the "plagues" overtake one. (Revelation 18:4).

101G

Did you find that in the bible of 101G? Ezekiel 37:28," My sanctuary is in their (Israel (the combined house of Ephraim and Judah (Ezekiel 37:22))) midst forever", and "My servant David will be their king". (Ezekiel 37:24). As for the Gentile church, the church of the nations, which survive the coming "distress", they will confess, "our fathers have inherited nothing but falsehood" (Jeremiah 16:19). It is best to "come out of her" with respect to the church of the Gentiles, before the "plagues" overtake one. (Revelation 18:4).
No, 101G found this, Psalms 132:11 "The LORD hath sworn in truth unto David; he will not turn from it; Of the fruit of thy body will I set upon thy throne." and the term "SET" is old English to sit Down, and one can find this at What is another word for set? | Set Synonyms - WordHippo Thesaurus ..... then press the MORE BUTTON and you will get the answer, SIT DOWN.

and in Hebrew, using the Ancient Hebrew Lexicon of the Bible, set,
Strong's #7896: AHLB#1482-M (V)
ac: Sit co: Buttocks ab: ?: A coming together and sitting to drink. (eng: set - with the exchange of the s and sh; seat; tush - with the reversal of the letters; sheet)
A) Ts% (Ts% ShT) ac: Sit co: Buttocks ab:

understand, KJV is old English, look up words.

101G.