• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can you Unravel the Mystery?

101G

Thank you.
Sounds like you are saying, you cannot explain anything from the Bible. So you need to resort to feinting superior wisdom.
I been explaining from the bible that's why I went carnal. because U was not understanding what I was saying from the bible.

so why teach you carnal things when U cannot understand Spiritual things. John 3:12 "If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?"

now for the LAST TIME Jerusalem is the Great City, the HARLOT, . Isaiah 1:21 "How is the faithful city become an harlot! it was full of judgment; righteousness lodged in it; but now murderers."

101G.

nPeace

Veteran Member
I been explaining from the bible that's why I went carnal. because U was not understanding what I was saying from the bible.

so why teach you carnal things when U cannot understand Spiritual things. John 3:12 "If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?"

now for the LAST TIME Jerusalem is the Great City, the HARLOT, . Isaiah 1:21 "How is the faithful city become an harlot! it was full of judgment; righteousness lodged in it; but now murderers."

101G.
Yes. The city was described as "an harlot". Not the harlot.
Can we agree, it was due to her unfaithfulness to her husbandly owner - Isaiah 54:5, and due to idolatry?

101G

In any case, that great city apparently signifies more than the city of Jerusalem, simply due to the facts afore mentioned.
Hence why you evidently cannot explain.
Have I not and U haven't Listen? let 101G try from this angle. IS NOT the Hebrew religion the SEAT of many nations worldwide. do not the 10 commandments sit in many courthouses even right here in the USA. as well as many other doctoral and personal beliefs. are you getting it now, and these nations rule the world.... hello.

101G.

2ndpillar

Yes, I did agree with you on that.
The harlot of Revelation 17, does have many daughters, and these are the hundreds or thousands of different individual false religions, but I was asking about the identity of the mother harlot - Babylon the Great.
That's the question of the OP.
I agree with most of what you said, but we are not discussing the daughter harlots.

Perhaps you are saying the mother harlot represents all the daughter harlots combined? In that case, all false religion?

The "mother" of the harlots, "Babylon the Great" is the mystery religion of Nimrod, of Babel, the worship of the son god Bel.

2ndpillar

NOTE the keyword, "GREAT CITY"
Revelation 14:8 "And there followed another angel, saying, Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city, because she made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication."

Revelation 16:19 "And the great city was divided into three parts, and the cities of the nations fell: and great Babylon came in remembrance before God, to give unto her the cup of the wine of the fierceness of his wrath."

Revelation 17:18 "And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth."

Revelation 18:10 "Standing afar off for the fear of her torment, saying, Alas, alas, that great city Babylon, that mighty city! for in one hour is thy judgment come."

Revelation 18:16 "And saying, Alas, alas, that great city, that was clothed in fine linen, and purple, and scarlet, and decked with gold, and precious stones, and pearls!"

Revelation 18:19 "And they cast dust on their heads, and cried, weeping and wailing, saying, Alas, alas, that great city, wherein were made rich all that had ships in the sea by reason of her costliness! for in one hour is she made desolate."

Revelation 18:21 "And a mighty angel took up a stone like a great millstone, and cast it into the sea, saying, Thus with violence shall that great city Babylon be thrown down, and shall be found no more at all."

NOW, WHO IS THAT "GREAT CITY?" ANSWER, Revelation 11:8 "And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified." hello?.

101G.

With your reasoning, any city considered "great" is potentially Babylon the great. While the 7 heads of the beast all had authority over Jerusalem, Jerusalem did not sit on the beasts, or in other words take support from the beasts, but in fact was persecuted by the beasts, in the form that they persecuted the "holy people" (Daniel 7:25).

nPeace

Veteran Member
Have I not and U haven't Listen? let 101G try from this angle. IS NOT the Hebrew religion the SEAT of many nations worldwide. do not the 10 commandments sit in many courthouses even right here in the USA. as well as many other doctoral and personal beliefs. are you getting it now, and these nations rule the world.... hello.

101G.
Maybe you need to say hello at the end, for me to hear... and see.

I recall that Babylon sacked Jerusalem - destroying their beloved city. Rome did so as well. Germany, under Hitler, treated them worst than dogs, and as far as I know, there was a joint effort from the West to transform the regimes in that land.
In fact, Israel isn't very popular in the eyes of the world.

The following is a list of United Nations resolutions concerning Israel. As of 2013, the State of Israel had been condemned in 45 resolutions by the United Nations Human Rights Council (UNHRC). Since the UNHRC's creation in 2006, it has resolved almost more resolutions condemning Israel alone than on issues for the rest of the world combined.

So, no. No, The city of Jerusalem was SAT UPON by many nations worldwide. ...and no. The 10 commandments are not recognized, except by Christendom, and a few Jewish sects, who haven't strained out the gnat, and gulped down the camel.

Last edited:

nPeace

Veteran Member
The "mother" of the harlots, "Babylon the Great" is the mystery religion of Nimrod, of Babel, the worship of the son god Bel.
Are you referring to the religion started in the book of Genesis 10:10?
Are you saying that this religion has continued to exist down through the centuries, only having different forms and branches, so that the different religions all over the world are the branches and twigs of this root... all worshipping the sun god, in one form or other?

I'm not trying to put words in your mouth... only making sure I understand you clearly.

101G

So, no. No, The city of Jerusalem was SAT UPON by many nations worldwide. ...and no. The 10 commandments are not recognized, except by Christendom, and a few Jewish sects, who haven't strained out the gnat, and gulped down the camel.
LOL, LOL, LOL, .... and?

101G.

2ndpillar

Are you saying that this religion has continued to exist down through the centuries, only having different forms and branches, so that the different religions all over the world are the branches and twigs of this root... all worshipping the sun god, in one form or other?

I'm not trying to put words in your mouth... only making sure I understand you clearly.

Revelation 17:15 is referring to the

Revelation 17:5 is referring to the "woman" sitting on the "scarlet beast" of Revelation 17:3, the beast with "seven heads", which is with reference to the same kings/kingdoms as stated in Daniel 2 and Revelation 17:10-12, which is referring to Judah and the "kingdoms" involved in her judgments, which range from the kingdom of Babylon to the kingdom of Rome mixed with clay. One of the present largest daughters is the Roman Catholic Church, which keeps as their day of rest, Sunday, the day of Constantine's god Sol Invictus, and worships the pagan god of Astarte, as in keeping her holy day, Easter. The god's of Ephraim/Israel, is another story line.

2ndpillar

NO.

101G.

You might find employment with the CDC if a one-horse story is the full extent of your analysis. As for your Revelation 18:21 reference, it is for the "holy ones" (Jews) (Daniel 7:25-26) for which the "strong angel" will overthrow "Babylon", as with respect to the daughter (Roman church) set up the "another" "king" of Daniel 7:24-25, which is with respect to Constantine, and his Roman church which will be overthrown after time, times, and half a time. Much like as stated in Matthew 7:24-27, whereas the "house" will "fall", which occurs at the end of the age (Matthew 13:30), when the "kingdom" will be set up (Daniel 2:44-45).

nPeace

Veteran Member
Revelation 17:15 is referring to the

Revelation 17:5 is referring to the "woman" sitting on the "scarlet beast" of Revelation 17:3, the beast with "seven heads", which is with reference to the same kings/kingdoms as stated in Daniel 2 and Revelation 17:10-12, which is referring to Judah and the "kingdoms" involved in her judgments, which range from the kingdom of Babylon to the kingdom of Rome mixed with clay. One of the present largest daughters is the Roman Catholic Church, which keeps as their day of rest, Sunday, the day of Constantine's god Sol Invictus, and worships the pagan god of Astarte, as in keeping her holy day, Easter. The god's of Ephraim/Israel, is another story line.
:confused:
m1723.gif
Eh?
I'm sorry, but I don't understand a word of what you are trying to say here.

Could you make it simple for me, by first letting me know if I am totally off track... as in, No.
Or close, as in somewhat, but not exactly, but...

Think of the poor young people that want a simple answer to a simple question. Do they have to go away and leave all old people in the church, simply because they can't get simple answers they can understand?

A) Yes.
B) No.

A) Yes.
B) No.

101G

You might find employment with the CDC if a one-horse story is the full extent of your analysis.
First thanks for the reply, second, why do 101G need to seek employment?
As for your Revelation 18:21 reference, i
When did Revelation 18:21 became 101G reference?
it is for the "holy ones" (Jews) (Daniel 7:25-26) for which the "strong angel" will overthrow "Babylon", as with respect to the daughter (Roman church) set up the "another" "king" of Daniel 7:24-25, which is with respect to Constantine, and his Roman church which will be overthrown after time, times, and half a time. Much like as stated in Matthew 7:24-27, whereas the "house" will "fall", which occurs at the end of the age (Matthew 13:30), when the "kingdom" will be set up (Daniel 2:44-45).
is this what the bible say, or is this your personal prophecy?

101G.

2ndpillar

A) Yes.
B) No.

The "Babel" of Genesis 10:10 was a city not a religion. Although the "babble" (Babel) coming from the "false prophet" Paul, is a continuing theme.

A) Yes.
B) No.

"Babylon the Great" is simply the religion adopted by many of the Jews while in Babylon, and the "Christians", as in the followers of the false prophet Paul, and his friend "Satan" (2 Corinthians 12:7). It had roots in the past, via the "serpent"/"dragon"/"devil" and his religion based on his statement; "you surely shall not die" (Genesis 3:4), the foundation of Paul's false gospel of grace, whereas the commandments of God are nailed to a cross, and you don't have to abide by them, which is in contravention of the "Word", which states "everyone shall die for their own iniquities (Jeremiah 31:30). Do you still beat your dog? Please answer with a yes or no.

2ndpillar

your post #46, and?

Here is your post as listed on #46 with respect to Revelation 18:21. Your post listed many verses which had the world "Great", not a great feat for someone with Google, and not necessarily visionary in content.

101G said:
Revelation 14:8 "And there followed another angel, saying, Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city, because she made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication."

Revelation 16:19 "And the great city was divided into three parts, and the cities of the nations fell: and great Babylon came in remembrance before God, to give unto her the cup of the wine of the fierceness of his wrath."

Revelation 17:18 "And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth."

Revelation 18:10 "Standing afar off for the fear of her torment, saying, Alas, alas, that great city Babylon, that mighty city! for in one hour is thy judgment come."

Revelation 18:16 "And saying, Alas, alas, that great city, that was clothed in fine linen, and purple, and scarlet, and decked with gold, and precious stones, and pearls!"

Revelation 18:19 "And they cast dust on their heads, and cried, weeping and wailing, saying, Alas, alas, that great city, wherein were made rich all that had ships in the sea by reason of her costliness! for in one hour is she made desolate."

Revelation 18:21 "And a mighty angel took up a stone like a great millstone, and cast it into the sea, saying, Thus with violence shall that great city Babylon be thrown down, and shall be found no more at all."

NOW, WHO IS THAT "GREAT CITY?" ANSWER, Revelation 11:8 "And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified." hello?.

101G.

101G

Here is your post as listed on #46 with respect to Revelation 18:21. Your post listed many verses which had the world "Great", not a great feat for someone with Google, and not necessarily visionary in content.

101G said:

101G.
and? did you get the point?

101G.