• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can you tell me about Pakistani and Bangladeshi politics?

ronki23

Pakistan is a hotbed of Sunni terrorism and for the past 6 years have annoyed the USA ever since they found bin Laden there; even before this they have been the enemies of India, Afghanistan and Bangladesh. So I would like to know

1. What are the main parties in Pakistan?

2. Was Zia ul Haq a hardline Muslim extremist? If so, why do people say pop music and Western culture became popular under him. Which was it?

3. Why did Musharraf leave his position? I thought he was supposed to be quite a good leader

4. Why did Benazir Bhutto abdicate and why was she murdered?

As for Bangladesh

1. During the Bangladesh war, is it true the Bangladeshi genocide was against Hindus?

2. If the East Pakistani government oppressed Hindus, does this mean there was no population exchange pre 1971?

3. Why are Al Qaeda and the Taliban gaining ground in Bangladesh?

4. Is Bangladesh SAFE for Hindus? I heard the majority of raped women in Bangladesh were Hindu and that 40-60% of Bangladeshi Hindus have had their land taken away by the government.

5. If Bangladesh is unsafe for Hindus, why does Dhaka University have a large Saraswati statue and why is Durga Pooja so famous?

@Aupmanyav @Vinayaka @Kirran @sayak83

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Am I teaching a class? Am I a lecturer? If you want to find something, make your own efforts to know it. There is a whole lot of information in books and on internet. Find out. :)

Kirran

Premium Member
Pakistani politics, you can find that info easily on Wikipedia, it's a great resource for this kind of thing. Start here - List of political parties in Pakistan - Wikipedia

As for your questions about Bangladesh: following Bangladeshi independence, there was a lot of hostility towards ethnic Bihari Muslims. Many of them fled to Pakistan as a result. There has been ongoing anti-Hindu sentiment in some quarters which has resulted in discrimination, and there are some ethnic minorities who have a tough time too. But there are also those who stand up for the rights of Hindus in Bangladesh, so y'know.

ronki23

Pakistani politics, you can find that info easily on Wikipedia, it's a great resource for this kind of thing. Start here - List of political parties in Pakistan - Wikipedia

As for your questions about Bangladesh: following Bangladeshi independence, there was a lot of hostility towards ethnic Bihari Muslims. Many of them fled to Pakistan as a result. There has been ongoing anti-Hindu sentiment in some quarters which has resulted in discrimination, and there are some ethnic minorities who have a tough time too. But there are also those who stand up for the rights of Hindus in Bangladesh, so y'know.

what about Benazir Bhutto, Musharraf and Zia ul Haq?

Zia ul Haq was supposed to be a hardline Muslim but Western influences such as pop music crept into Pakistan during his tenure.

As for Bhutto, why was she assassinated?

And Musharraf? I thought he was supposed to be a good PM but he admits to funding the Taliban in Afghanistan

Kirran

Premium Member
what about Benazir Bhutto, Musharraf and Zia ul Haq?

Zia ul Haq was supposed to be a hardline Muslim but Western influences such as pop music crept into Pakistan during his tenure.

As for Bhutto, why was she assassinated?

And Musharraf? I thought he was supposed to be a good PM but he admits to funding the Taliban in Afghanistan

I don't know about them, I'm afraid. Wikipedia is a good starting point though.

ronki23

I saw on an Al Jazeera documentary that bin Laden backed, supported and financed Nawaz Sharif and Musharraf admitted to funding the Taliban during Afghanistan's civil war because he wanted them to back Pakistan and not India. Don't know about Zia Ul Haq though

ronki23

Am I teaching a class? Am I a lecturer? If you want to find something, make your own efforts to know it. There is a whole lot of information in books and on internet. Find out. :)

It seems you're in the mood to answer again sooo here's the questions:

2. Was Zia ul Haq a hardline Muslim extremist? If so, why do people say pop music and Western culture became popular under him. Which was it?

3. Why did Musharraf leave his position? I thought he was supposed to be quite a good leader

As for Bangladesh

1. During the Bangladesh war, is it true the Bangladeshi genocide was against Hindus?

2. If the East Pakistani government oppressed Hindus, does this mean there was no population exchange pre 1971?

4. Is Bangladesh SAFE for Hindus? I heard the majority of raped women in Bangladesh were Hindu and that 40-60% of Bangladeshi Hindus have had their land taken away by the government.

5. If Bangladesh is unsafe for Hindus, why does Dhaka University have a large Saraswati statue and why is Durga Pooja so famous?

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
You are asking Maths questions from a Language teacher. What Pakistan and Bangladesh do is their business. Why should I care about them?

proudpagan

PPP PML N MQM I guess they put a massive crackdown on it . PTI etc

yes . No he promoted only islamic stuff . If not totally but to a great extent .

Controversies involving the lal masjid incident , suspension of CJ and widely circulated criticisms from rivals like BB and nawaz had brutalized the personal image of Musharraf in public and political circles.

She hated ISI and pak army policies

yes

there was refugee crisis massive one

Islamic indoctrination as bangladesh jamat e islami is pro wahabi salafi faggots

Non moslesm are not safe in moslem majority countries and bangladesh opposition party hates hinduz

sheikh hasina the present pm of bangladesh is pro india and secular