• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can you suggest this religion the way to tell their address ?

chinu

chinu
I believe that a true religion NEVER compels anybody to subscribe. The one which compel in any way, or some way, or another isn't a true religion.

Suppose the above believe is true.

Can you suggest this religion the way to tell their address ?

Kindly note: please do refrain posting in this thread if you don't like to suppose. Or you think you're wasting your fuel by supposing this.

Last edited:

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
I like to think everyone is on a unique journey.

What is fair and required to know of this true religion? It wouldn't write off the majority of human kind would it?

As for the advertisement I think reason with justification would do. Reason that is irrefutable perhaps is the best sell for a true religion.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
New I believe that a true religion NEVER compels anybody to subscribe. The one which compel in any way, or some way, or another isn't a true religion.

You are so right!

Trying to reach everyone with your message, is one thing. But forcing them to comply? Completely useless!

The strength of your message, and living by it, thereby making it appealing to others, should be what impels others. -- Titus 2:10

chinu

chinu
I like to think everyone is on a unique journey.
What is fair and required to know of this true religion? It wouldn't write off the majority of human kind would it?
Even in journey/unique journey one need to find out the correct bus, or train, or a path. How will one verify the true path ? Of course he/she will ask to someone.

As for the advertisement I think reason with justification would do. Reason that is irrefutable perhaps is the best sell for a true religion.
The first question is.. why someone providing justification, when NOT requested ?

Last edited:

chinu

chinu
Trying to reach everyone with your message, is one thing. But forcing them to comply? Completely useless!
Of course, the area for discussion/debate is very tight. But, that's NOT because I don't want to welcome anybody. That's just because I want to welcome who literally has that sot of question in mind.

Last edited:

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Of course, the area for discussion is very tight. But, that's NOT because I don't want to welcome anybody. That's just because I want to welcome who literally has that sot of question in mind.
This is a debate thread not a discussion one and people are free to take whatever debate stance they wish.

There are other areas on RF that are more restrictive.

chinu

chinu
This is a debate thread not a discussion one and people are free to take whatever debate stance they wish.

Of course debate is also welcome.

Oh! I should edit my reply.

Thank you :)

chinu

chinu

Friend sorry, I missed to write the word debate in my reply.

Do you want to debate something ?

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
I believe that a true religion NEVER compels anybody to subscribe. The one which compel in any way, or some way, or another isn't a true religion.

Suppose the above believe is true.

Can you suggest this religion the way to introduce/approach/advertise ?
Interesting question

1) I agree, that a Religion that compels in any way, or some way, or another isn't a true Religion
2) So, I Suppose the above believe is true, thus far
3) IMHO: Another criterium of True Religion, is that it does not see itself inferior or superior to other Religions

* Hence a True Religion IMHO:
a) has no need to advertise, because other (non)faith are good too (all know best for themselves what is best for them)
b) avoids to advertise, because this might draw people to them which are better of with another (non)faith
c) urges people to stick to their own (non)faith, telling them that theirs is fine as well
d) will not approach others to advertise/introduce
e) will of course share information when asked

chinu

chinu
Interesting question

1) I agree, that a Religion that compels in any way, or some way, or another isn't a true Religion
2) So, I Suppose the above believe is true, thus far
3) IMHO: Another criterium of True Religion, is that it does not see itself inferior or superior to other Religions

* Hence a True Religion IMHO:
a) has no need to advertise, because other (non)faith are good too (all know best for themselves what is best for them)
b) avoids to advertise, because this might draw people to them which are better of with another (non)faith
c) urges people to stick to their own (non)faith, telling them that theirs is fine as well
d) will not approach others to advertise/introduce
e) will of course share information when asked
But, still the question is.. how will one approach that true religion, or ask for any information UNTIL, at least know their address ?

Sorry, I think the better question is: how will that religion tell address ? :)

Last edited:

chinu

chinu
This is to inform all those who have posted above in this thread -- Title of this thread has been changed, thank you.

stvdv

But, still the question is.. how will one approach that true religion, or ask for any information UNTIL, at least know their address ?

Sorry, I think the better question is: how will that religion tell address ? :)
Aha, I see. The title of the thread has changed

Because in my view a "True Religion" would neither advertise nor evangelize, your new question would not enter my thoughts

But, as you asked me, I am reminded of Sai Baba telling us "If people ask where is God, tell them to go to Prashanti Nilayam in Puttaparthi, India":)

chinu

chinu
But, as you asked me, I am reminded of Sai Baba telling us "If people ask where is God, tell them to go to Prashanti Nilayam in Puttaparthi, India":)
Interesting!
But, what happens next when people go to Prashanti Nilayam and find NO living God there ?

Just asking on the behalf of people, NOT me.

stvdv

Interesting!
But, what happens next when people go to Prashanti Nilayam and find NO living God there ?

Just asking on the behalf of people, NOT me.
Might be a shocker to them:D

But Sai Baba never said to speculate what happens next when people go to Prashanti Nilayam and find NO living God there:)

He just said "Tell them to go to Prashanti Nilayam"...so they have to find out for themselves, if they are interested:)

chinu

chinu
Might be a shocker to them:D

But Sai Baba never said to speculate what happens next when people go to Prashanti Nilayam and find NO living God there:)

He just said "Tell them to go to Prashanti Nilayam"...so they have to find out for themselves, if they are interested:)

What if, they started taking more interest in finding the reason.. Why they were send to Prashanti Nilayam ?
And what if, they felt like this is the NEW way of advertisement to entangling them to subscribe this particular religion ?

How will that all be managed ?

Hence, the OP question still stand where it is.

Last edited:

stvdv

What if, they started taking more interest in finding the reason.. Why they were send to Prashanti Nilayam ?
And what if, they felt like this is the NEW way of entangling them to subscribe this particular religion ?

How will that all be managed ?
People's minds indeed create numerous scenarios of "what if". BUT, one's mind is one's own responsibility.
People need to manage their own mind. You can't expect others to manage your mind