• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can you suggest any good summer themed movies?

Reptillian

Hamburgler Extraordinaire
In particular summer themed movies without swearing or sex...my friend the 6th grade teacher is looking for some fun movies to show for the last week of class. If you can't think of any summer themed ones, then feel free to suggest some non summer ones. :)

Matemkar

For the past few years I had my students watch this:

[youtube]dqxvZeQsVzY[/youtube]

Children of Heaven and the Color of Paradise and a few others.

Anyway, if he is looking for something teaching and bridge builder, he can play these :) I am not sure if they are what you are looking for, but certainly they are not immoral :) Stay blessed.. ma salam

Last edited:

Reptillian

At the moment WALL-E is the top contender...that's one that my friend is considering anyway.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
In particular summer themed movies without swearing or sex...my friend the 6th grade teacher is looking for some fun movies to show for the last week of class. If you can't think of any summer themed ones, then feel free to suggest some non summer ones. :)

One Crazy Summer, maybe? One Crazy Summer (1986) - IMDb

I thought it was a fun movie when I was that age. I can't recall any sex or swearing in it - it's rated PG. I'm not sure if kids would think it was dated now, though.

Edit: found the parental guide. Apparently, it has a bit of mild swearing:

Multiple instances of mild profanity. ("damn" "****")

Multiple instances of mild religious profanity. ("god" "*********" "Jesus" "Jesus Christ")

Multiple insults. ("baby" "idiot" "imbecile" "louse" "pecker head" "stupid")

Two derogatory terms. ("*******" "retard")

Two groups of people give the middle finger to each other.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091680/parentalguide?ref_=tt_ql_7

Last edited:

Reptillian

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
It is tough to find a good movie that isn't too old, boring, or that doesn't have a lot of swearing.

FWIW, it looks like the parental guide on IMdB is a good resource to check out a movie. It has pretty detailed listings of everything in a movie that might be considered objectionable, so if you think of some movies that might be okay or might not, IMdB should be able to tell you if they have profanity or other nastiness.

Reptillian

FWIW, it looks like the parental guide on IMdB is a good resource to check out a movie. It has pretty detailed listings of everything in a movie that might be considered objectionable, so if you think of some movies that might be okay or might not, IMdB should be able to tell you if they have profanity or other nastiness.

I'll pass it on to my friend. :) Thanks.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
Field of Dreams- I am not sure if it is a Summer movie or a Spring movie- but it is entertaining and suitable for kids and adults.

Reptillian

Both excellent suggestions Christine and Kilgore...though my friend wants something more "modern" I suggested Ernest Goes to Camp,The Goonies, or the Karate Kid and he thought they were too old.