• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can you name five of your favourite guru's/prophets/gods/teachers/etc.?

Marcion

gopa of humanity's controversial Taraka Brahma
Can you name five (or less or more if you like) of your favourite teachers etc. that you admire or feel inspired by in descending order of importance to you?
E.g. Adam, Moses, Lord Jesus, etc.

For me they are:

1. Lord Anandamurti (my personal tantric Guru whom I met in person several times)
2. Lord Shiva (the original tantric Guru)
3. Lord Krishna (the second of the great tantric Guru's)
4. Shri Chaitanya Mahaprabhu (who started the mystical devotional movement and invented the spiritual kiirtana and the collective Lalita Marmika dance, so very important in my path)
5. Lord Buddha (great reformer who created an interesting system for self realisation)
6. Patanjali (founder of classical yoga)

I also learnt a lot from Acarya Shraddhananda Avadhuta (1919-2008) with whom I worked in India for several weeks.

Last edited:

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
1. Horu (Horus).
2. Inpu (Anubis).
3. Osir (Osiris).
4. Hat-Hor/Sakhmet (Hathor/Sakhmet).
5. Ra.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
I cannot really do it in any kind of order. Teachers teach different lessons, and for different levels. A kindergarten teacher is not less important than a professor. They both teach the needed lessons at the proper times.

Sri Krishna teaches me on a daily basis the value of nonattachment, to accept things as they are, and reminds me that all actions are to go to him. He takes my hand as I navigate sometimes troubling situations.

Shiva teaches me respect. Not merely between humans, but all things. I see Shiva in the workings of nature, and I take comfort in it. He teaches that things will go on, in some form or the other.

Sita is my hero. She is the perfect example of someone who fulfills dharma, regardless of how inconvenient or painful it can become.

Lord Ares teaches me to be active; something that can be hard for me. Not merely physically active, but to be a part of things. As a person who tends to fade into the background, he reminds me to participate, and to fight against some of my baser habits.

When I was young, I had a friend who's mother meant a lot to me. She is the only person I've ever met that I had any desire to emulate. She was quiet, stooped, and tough as nails. One would expect a pleasant old lady by the look of her, and they were wrong. She was sharp tongued and witty when life required her to be so, but was mostly quiet, trying to hide the smile on her face. She was dirt poor, but never have I met anyone more charitable. Though they struggled with food insecurity, she would quietly tuck a few treats for me(who wasn't even her child) into the cupboards, so I would have something to eat when I visited. She is gone now, but I learned a lot from her.

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Can you name five (or less or more if you like) of your favourite teachers etc. that you admire or feel inspired by in descending order?
E.g. Adam, Moses, Lord Jesus, etc.

For me they are:

1. Lord Anandamurti
2. Lord Shiva
3. Lord Krishna
4. Shri Chaitanya Mahaprabhu
5. Lord Buddha
1) Yajnavalkya
2) Buddha
3) Krishna
4) Patanjali
5) Vivekananda

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
When it comes to morals, wisdom, and insight, The Buddha if I were to choose. Other compilation of authors' poetry and words of wisdom attributed to native americans and their culture. No one in particular. I never had a teacher/student mentality. I've taught, but always considered students equals regardless their range of knowledge.

MatthewA

1) God
2) Lord Jesus Christ
3) Holy Spirit
4) The use of reading the bible to learn about these three. There are great lessons, with offering of great promises to give too.
5)Any one who teaches me something new.

Some of the teachings learned: About Human Nature, About Spiritual Nature, worldly wisdom, spiritual wisdom, relationship with God, to not be judgmental of others that causes problems, resurrection from the dead, can become renewed by God in heart and mind, knowing of God caring about you and what you are going through because life is not easy it has hardships that comes by and through experience, though believers can be justified by faith in the Lord Jesus Christ they can have peace with God, freedom to the bondage of sin; to live by the spirit of christ/holy spirit to love.

Last edited:

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Alan Watts

Brad Warner.

Benji. (A buddy of mine from.the past)

Life itself, including the school of hard knocks and some soft ones as well.

(This space reserved)

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
The three central figures of the Baha'i Faith - Baha'u'llah, The Bab, 'Abdu'l-Baha

then.....

Jesus
Buddha
Krishna
Muhammad
Moses

Marcion

gopa of humanity's controversial Taraka Brahma
Jesus
Buddha
Dalia lama
Ram dass
Mooji

Dalai Lama Tenzin Gyatso is a friendly jolly man (who also practises tantra).
I read some days ago that the word dalai is derived from dalapati which is the Sanskrit equivalent for ganapati or ganesha which is the word for the group leader or clan leader (group = gana).

Last edited: