• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can You Locate Iran on a Map?

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
How about you? Could you locate Iran on a map?

Hello! :)

Oldbadger's guidance ion how to find Iran.

1. Find suitable World Globe or Map.
2. Look at Africa. Africa is big.
3. In Top/Right area of Africa see the long thin sea 'called 'Red Sea'.
4. Put finger on lower part of Red Sea. Any finger will do.
5. Move finger to the right until you reach land.
6. Iran.

(I hope that's correct........ I'd better go and try it.) :p

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
No, I'm really not.

Here, let me give you the benefit of the doubt. Perhaps I've misunderstood your point and it's incredibly insightful and relevant and important.

Clearly state your point for me. Then I'll directly respond to it. Fair?
Why does one have to be able to locate a place on a map in order to have an opinion about the place?

Niblo

Premium Member
Hello! :)

Oldbadger's guidance ion how to find Iran.

1. Find suitable World Globe or Map.
2. Look at Africa. Africa is big.
3. In Top/Right area of Africa see the long thin sea 'called 'Red Sea'.
4. Put finger on lower part of Red Sea. Any finger will do.
5. Move finger to the right until you reach land.
6. Iran.

(I hope that's correct........ I'd better go and try it.) :p

Tried it.....but ended up it India! :confused:

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
Why does one have to be able to locate a place on a map in order to have an opinion about the place?

It's not that you "have to" be able to; anyone can have an opinion about a thing. The point is, if you don't even know where in the world a place is, it suggests you know very little about it. Which suggests that your opinions about it, especially on more complex issues like political and military strategy, are likely to be misinformed as well.

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
It's not that you "have to" be able to; anyone can have an opinion about a thing. The point is, if you don't even know where in the world a place is, it suggests you know very little about it. Which suggests that your opinions about it, especially on more complex issues like political and military strategy, are likely to be misinformed as well.
Fair enough.
Thank you for addressing it.

Niblo

Premium Member
@oldbadger and @Left Coast

I was, of course, referring to the time honoured practise of raised one's little finger (the pinkie) while delicately sipping a cup of tea. In all the best circles it is considered very important to get the angle just right.

What on earth did you two have in mind? :D:rolleyes:

Last edited:

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
@oldbadger and @Left Coast

I was, of course, referring to the time honoured practise of raised one's little finger (the pinkie) while delicately sipping a cup of tea. In all the best circles it is considered very important to get the angle just right.

What on earth did you two have in mind? :D:rolleyes:

We're both too far away, so please give our very best respects to your Missus and tell her that we will forever be in her debt if she would kindly slap you.
:p