• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can you get to the highest level of heaven without being married in an LDS temple ???

FFH

Veteran Member
What happens if there are barriers to marriage, like severe disabilities?
The mentally disabled are exempt from entering into the necessary saving ordinances, they are innocent as children are innocent and automatically enter into the highest level of the highest kingdom, when at that time they will be given perfect bodies and be able to marry and live normal lives...

So no one with severe mental disabilities will be required to marry...

God is a merciful God and will save, in the highest level of the highest kingdom, all who want to be saved, who also meet the necessary requirements, either in this life or the next...

Better to marry in an LDS temple in this life, for their are no guarantees in the next, for instance, if we had the chance and were mentally and physically capable of marrying in this life and the opportunity presented itself and we passed it up.

My wife and I love each other, but as for being in love, well that was a luxury we didn't really have, but we chose to be sealed anyway, since we both felt it would be the best thing for both of us for the eternities to come..

Being in love is a falacy, it's nothing more than a worldy thing..

Loving one another in patience, long-suffering and with everything else that goes along with the pure love of Christ, is pure love..

Sacrificing one for another, this is pure love.

"Greater love hath no man than he lay down his life for his friends".

My wife is my best friend and I make sure she is taken care of.... no other person takes precedence over her...although many have stubbornly tried to put themselves above my wife, and many times I have given into them, buty they all eventually fall by the way side...

My eternal marriage is the most important thing to me in my life and it was nearly destroyed a few years back...

Satan would love none other than to destroy our eternally binding temple marriage and he's tried, believe me he's tried....

Nothing of eternal worth comes without a sacrifice of some sort...

madhatter85

Transhumanist
I have to Disagree with you FFH on the Idea that being is love is a fallacy.

My wife and I love each other very much, and neither one of us wants to be without the other in the next life.

I DO very much believe in eternal love. I Know I am very lucky to have my wife and that I made a promise to her and her family before coming to this earth, the Lord saw fit to show me this. We are truly "In Love" . I know that as long as we center our marriage around the gospel, live it's principals and strive to do what is best for the other person; Our marriage will never fail.

What kind of torment would that be to not have the one you truly love with you in the afterlife? If everything was only "until death do us part" i know that "heaven" would be hell, not so much as damnation, but not being able to be with her would be my personal hell.

Gentoo

The Feisty Penguin
I take it that this (one reason) why LDS typically get married early on in life in comparison to the general population?

Bishka

Veteran Member
I take it that this (one reason) why LDS typically get married early on in life in comparison to the general population?

That and we do not believe in pre-marital sex, so we would rather get married then break the law of chastity. In order to be married in the temple, you need to be worthy, and living the law of chastity is one of those worthiness bits that we stick to. So, instead of waiting awhile, we usually (and because of the sex drive of many young adults) get married rather quickly.

madhatter85

Transhumanist
That and we do not believe in pre-marital sex, so we would rather get married then break the law of chastity. In order to be married in the temple, you need to be worthy, and living the law of chastity is one of those worthiness bits that we stick to. So, instead of waiting awhile, we usually (and because of the sex drive of many young adults) get married rather quickly.

i think this is very true, a lot of young adults would rather get married to the first hot girl they see rather than find the one for them.

FFH

Veteran Member
Yes, it's a great motivator for sure...the highest degree of heaven that is...

rocka21

Brother Rock
No one is forced to do anything, we have our free will to do whatever we want, but we will not be free to choose the consequences of our actions contrary to God's plan for our lives..

He wants what's best for us, but we seem to want to choose otherwise...

This is the "plan of happiness" that all men may choose for themselves how they want to live their lives.

No one will be forced into the highest kingdom or forced into marrying someone they don't want to, or anyone for that matter.

But the requirements to enter into the highest level of the highest kingdom is layed out clearly in LDS doctrine..

Take it or leave it, it's up to the individual....no one will be forced to do anything they don't want to do...

We have our total free angency...and God will not interfere with that in any way...

Choose what you want, it's up to you how you will spend eternity..

there you have it! get married to get to the " highest kingdom".

Great stuff!

Bishka

Veteran Member

Great stuff!

Do you have anything relevant or worthy of discussion? Why did you point that out? It's obvious you do not understand LDS theology or you would not have made such a remark.

rocka21

Brother Rock
Do you have anything relevant or worthy of discussion? Why did you point that out? It's obvious you do not understand LDS theology or you would not have made such a remark.

do you have anything better to do than to follow my every post?

I understand that you have to be married.

thats the thread topic, right?

If i do not understand the theology, where am i wrong? i did not say that was the only thing, its just ONE of the things......

so there you have it! You must be Married to get to the " HIGHEST KINGDOM".

Bishka

Veteran Member
do you have anything better to do than to follow my every post?

I was not following 'your every post', I was responding to a post in a thread that has to do with my faith and belief.

I understand that you have to be married.

thats the thread topic, right?

If i do not understand the theology, where am i wrong? i did not say that was the only thing, its just ONE of the things......

so there you have it! You must be Married to get to the " HIGHEST KINGDOM"..

Forgive me then, the tone of you post (from what I understand) and your general attitude towards the LDS Church, it's theology and it's members have led me to believe that you mean something else by what you posted.

rocka21

Brother Rock
I was not following 'your every post', I was responding to a post in a thread that has to do with my faith and belief.

Forgive me then, the tone of you post (from what I understand) and your general attitude towards the LDS Church, it's theology and it's members have led me to believe that you mean something else by what you posted.

no problem Beck, Hugs and kisses!:D

back to the topic, do LDS believe Paul made it to the " highest kingdom"?

FFH

Veteran Member

Great stuff!
The guarantee (surety of the highest level of heaven) is definitely there (layed out in LDS doctrine), if you enter into this sacred covenant in an LDS temple...

Bishka

Veteran Member
The guarantee (surety of the highest level of heaven) is definitely there (layed out in LDS doctrine), if you enter into this sacred covenant in an LDS temple...

If you keep that covenant. You have to more then just make it.....

FFH

Veteran Member
If only it were that easy.
Actually it is, but to get to the point of being worthy to enter into an LDS temple, well that's the part that takes much effort...

One must live according to LDS doctrines...

Repent
Be baptised
Receive the gift of the holy ghost by the laying on of hands
Pay tithing
No drinking, smoking, coffee or tea
Attend church meetings on a regular basis
Support/sustain all church leaders

These are the biggies...

Add to this whatever else is necessary/required of us to enter into the highest level of the highest heaven/glory.

rocka21

Brother Rock
StateNumber of
congregationsNumber of
membersPercent of state
populationUtah2,9241,236,24271.76%Idaho662268,06026.63Wyoming12845,79310.10Nevada19889,0337.41Arizona469199,7615.45Montana10628,6203.58Hawaii10938,3033.46Oregon22889,6013.15Washington371150,6343.10Alaska5815,7512.86

So ruffly, Some of these people made it to the High kingdom in America?

Dang! should have been born in Utah or Idaho!

all kidding aside, that would be a pretty low number world wide that is making it to the Highest kingdom.

of course i will most likely get a scripture like " narrow is the path, and few that find it". I get it.

Bishka

Veteran Member
StateNumber of
congregationsNumber of
membersPercent of state
populationUtah2,9241,236,24271.76%Idaho662268,06026.63Wyoming12845,79310.10Nevada19889,0337.41Arizona469199,7615.45Montana10628,6203.58Hawaii10938,3033.46Oregon22889,6013.15Washington371150,6343.10Alaska5815,7512.86

What's this?

So ruffly, Some of these people made it to the High kingdom in America?

Dang! should have been born in Utah or Idaho!

It's not being born in a certain place that gets you a kingdom in Heaven, it's following God's Law and keeping it. You have to first accept God, then make a covenant with God and keep that covenant. Just making a covenant and not acting on it is never going to get you anywhere.

FFH

Veteran Member
no problem Beck, Hugs and kisses!:D

back to the topic, do LDS believe Paul made it to the " highest kingdom"?
The only person of similar status/prominence in scripture, who is mentioned in the Doctrine and Covenants (LDS scripture) as having lost his exaltation, due to having Uriah killed in battle, so he could have Bathsheba as his own, is David...

His wives have been given to another and he has lost his exaltaion in the highest kingdom of heaven..

Only murder will keep us from the highest level of the highest kingdom of heaven, if we know better, there is no excuse for this, and as long as we agree to enter into all the necessary saving ordinances and agree to obey all the commandments set forth in scripture, no one will be turned away, no one....

rocka21

Brother Rock
What's this?

It's not being born in a certain place that gets you a kingdom in Heaven, it's following God's Law and keeping it. You have to first accept God, then make a covenant with God and keep that covenant. Just making a covenant and not acting on it is never going to get you anywhere.

sorry, those numbers did not paste right.

i just think its interesting that most mormons are in Utah and Idaho.

could it be that the reason that most LDS on this site are from Utah and Idaho is because when your were a small child this doctrine was drilled into your head and it really does not get to much play outside of those states?

yeah, i know there are around 15 million world wide, but man.... 6 billion people! Just a thought.

back to the whole married point. That is just another point where i dissagree with the LDS doctrine. Some people have the "gift" not to marry. what about them?